10 years from now??????

what do people think the lurcher and shooting game will be like in 10 years time ???? i think its wont be good, there seems to be an agender going on with the media to show as much bad press on dogs and fieldsports as it can. you only have to look at the crap thats being shown on the tv and printed in the papers, lurcher work is in my opinion should have stayed in the shadows as im afraid its publicity will be its downfall. whin commented on this a good few times and i for one think he was correct.what do you think?.

• Like 2

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks to modern technology ie internet mobile phones eye in the sky and idiots i believe not meny more nails can be hammerd in its coffin before the lid is finally down.

As long as night follows day there will always be some lad stalking the fields with his mongrel trying to catch a wild beast. In some people the instinctual desire to hunt is as deeply ingrained in th

More and more legislation. More expensive!   The nail in the coffin for the kids coming up will be 'society' or so called education where they are encouraged less and less to go outside awway from t

I can see that anyone hunting with dogs will be cast in the same light as badger baiting and dog fighting within our lifetimes. :yes: The worst thing about it is so called hunters are using places like this and the rest of the internet to make sure it happens.

Once it happens and the dog game truly becomes all but finished, they'll start on the shooters or anglers IMO.. :yes: Charities are already trying to close some of the best shore fishing venues to sea anglers.. I can see the Marine Conservation Society becoming to the shore anglers what the RSPCA are to hunters...

Thanks to modern technology ie internet mobile phones eye in the sky and idiots i believe not meny more nails can be hammerd in its coffin before the lid is finally down.

very sadly i agree

And its the genuine young ones i feel sorry for and how bad its going to get and i wouldent encourage my grandsons [bANNED TEXT] their older to have an intrest in lurchers.

More and more legislation. More expensive!

The nail in the coffin for the kids coming up will be 'society' or so called education where they are encouraged less and less to go outside awway from the teet of the TV/PS3 where everything is safe.

• Like 3

I can see that anyone hunting with dogs will be cast in the same light as badger baiting and dog fighting within our lifetimes. :yes:

think thats already happened....most people have no idea hunting with dogs is still legal.

Once it happens and the dog game truly becomes all but finished, they'll start on the shooters or anglers IMO.. :yes: Charities are already trying to close some of the best shore fishing venues to sea anglers.. I can see the Marine Conservation Society becoming to the shore anglers what the RSPCA are to hunters...

I can see this happening also.

Biggest problem in my opinion is all the different organisations for shooting, fishing, countryside persuits seem to work against each other....e.e.g the fishermen keep their heads down while the shooters are taking the flack, the shooters doing the same while the dog people get shafted and on and on..

We need organisations to support each other

• Like 2

I can see that anyone hunting with dogs will be cast in the same light as badger baiting and dog fighting within our lifetimes. :yes:

think thats already happened....most people have no idea hunting with dogs is still legal.

Biggest problem in my opinion is all the different organisations for shooting, fishing, countryside persuits seem to work against each other....e.e.g the fishermen keep their heads down while the shooters are taking the flack, the shooters doing the same while the dog people get shafted and on and on..

your quite correct the majority of the bigger organisations just want to take the money each year and tinker with the safe bits of legislation they know they can get away with changing, non want to stick there necks out and say what most think. the games about gone now and i fear its to late to stop its demise.

you only have to look at that digging out website that was posted on the terrier section, it's basically asking people to take down all the details and phone 999 if they see someone who fits the following description....they could be f'ckin rabbiting!!!!

What should I do if I came across terriermen?

• Firstly remember what type of dogs they had with them, what colours of the dogs, if possible what breeds, how many dogs, and how many men.
  • Were the dogs scarred?
  • Did you see the men get out of a vehicle?
  • Can you remember its number plate?
  • Which direction were they heading?
  • Can you remember on your compass or map?
  • Can you remember what the men looked like?
  • What clothes were they wearing?

Give yourself a few moments to memorise these details, write them down as soon as possible, go back to the safety of your vehicle and immediately phone 999. Ask for the Police and tell them that you suspect diggers or baiters, tell the Police that you know protected animals could be at risk, possibly badgers and offer to stay where you are until they arrive.

Make sure that you ask for a Police incident number.

When you get home tell your local Badger Protection Group immediately, if you do not know your local group, phone the Badger Trust on: 0207 2286444 or visit their website for details.

As long as night follows day there will always be some lad stalking the fields with his mongrel trying to catch a wild beast. In some people the instinctual desire to hunt is as deeply ingrained in their genetics as it is in the wolf. Nothing feels more natural than hunting with a canine companion. We have hunted together for so many thousands of years it's become part of that instinct. Who can imagine a shoot day without dogs? Ferreting without a dog? Even working on a farm without a dog about to sort the rats out?

The law and modern society may make the future of hunting with dogs a difficult one but I can't believe this is the beginning of the end. Its a dark time but but the lurcher has historically thrived in times of adversity. I don't think we will ever again see a time where the sighthound is regarded as a sport of the nobility but it will survive.

There a lot of 'bad apples' around currently that do us no favours, but the folks that know how to keep a low profile and leave certain hunts for another time will keep the lurcher alive. As the lurcher is adapted to suit new ground and quarry, we must adapt to survive the new times and attitudes.

• Like 4

very sadly i agree

And its the genuine young ones i feel sorry for and how bad its going to get and i wouldent encourage my grandsons [bANNED TEXT] their older to have an intrest in lurchers.

Which is exactly why you should be encorouging the young uns!

So that your voice and opinion can still be heard when you're gone!

I suspect that poaching will become an art form once again. Where new skils are developed by those who wish to continue their sport or pastime.

Do you honestly think that folk will stop their dogs from doing what comes naturally because of a piece of legislation in the courts?

I bet you still speed. But slow down when cameras are about.

We just have to be a bit more canny about it thats all

rgds

Swampy

i'll ning forever!

• Like 2

very sadly i agree

Which is exactly why you should be encorouging the young uns!

So that your voice and opinion can still be heard when you're gone!

I suspect that poaching will become an art form once again. Where new skils are developed by those who wish to continue their sport or pastime.

Do you honestly think that folk will stop their dogs from doing what comes naturally because of a piece of legislation in the courts?

I bet you still speed. But slow down when cameras are about.

We just have to be a bit more canny about it thats all

rgds

Swampy

i'll ning forever!

I understand wat your saying swampy but due to the media hysteria even poachers of the old school are looked down upon even by members of the ordinary public nowdays were years ago they would be likend to some sort of robin hood figure in my area any ways lol.

The dog game has, in my mind, 4 different groups of participants.

• Those that do it because it is illegal and have got f**k all to loose.
  • Those that do it but adhere strictly to the bullshit laws put in place.
  • Those that are in it for the image, talk the talk but do f**k all.
  • Those that do it because it is their passion, their life and struggle onwards to enjoy it.

The former is making it increacingly difficult for the latter and that is why sites like this really boil my piss because you see arseholes every day and it reminds you of how many are in the first category.

In my mind it will get increasingly worse (daytime lurcherwork is all but finnished IMO).

Shooting and fishing will always be a safer bet, it is easier to justify, makes more money and has more participants in high places with pleanty of money. Although it is far from untouchable.

FTB

• Like 3

The dog game has, in my mind, 4 different groups of participants.

• Those that do it because it is illegal and have got f**k all to loose.
  • Those that do it but adhere strictly to the bullshit laws put in place.
  • Those that are in it for the image, talk the talk but do f**k all.
  • Those that do it because it is their passion, their life and struggle onwards to enjoy it.

The former is making it increacingly difficult for the latter and that is why sites like this really boil my piss because you see arseholes every day and it reminds you of how many are in the first category.

In my mind it will get increasingly worse (daytime lurcherwork is all but finnished IMO).

Shooting and fishing will always be a safer bet, it is easier to justify, makes more money and has more participants in high places with pleanty of money. Although it is far from untouchable.

FTB

Mals post and this one sum it up for me, a friend said to me last night, the game has been f****d after the ban, not due to the legislation itself but because making it illegal made it cool and interesting to a certain level of scum, and unfortunately they have migrated to this site, before the ban there were a lot less of the "chavs/keyboard warriors and boasters"....................

imo its down to us.

if we let the media, the antis and everybody else get to us then its a battle we cant win.

it might sound gay but with a bit of passion for the sport and some determination the only people stoping you from going out with the dogs is yourself.

i know im never going to stop working dogs, and when i have kids i will introduce them to hunting just like my father did to me!

nobody has the right to stop us doing what we do.

• Like 1