amusing slips

i run a laguna whippet who is more than capable of taking the fastest of rabbits and making it look easy untill 3 weeks ago that is. i was out lamping and got a perfect sitter mid field and would normaly be scooped up but at the last min jumped atlest 5ft not unusual but the chase after was amazing and a well earnt getaway. that slip will stick with me and was interested if anyone else has got a certain event that will stick with them ?

once slipped my old whippet cross bitch on a bunny when she got to it she flicked it up in the air and it hit the floor stone dead she went on to do this 7 or 8 time over her working lift and made me and others that were out and seen her do it laugh each and every time atb rj

me and willow2 off here were out lamping i slipped my whippet bitch and his beddy whippet bitch got off in a nice field on a rabbit so 2 dogs on one should of been easy, my whippet bitch took it, we walked over and it was no were to be seen we kept the lamp on all of the time walking over but the dogs were stood there without a trace of even picking it up

was lamping up my mates permission last season, we were having a decent nite not big bags but good runs taking turns on the slips as ya do, anyway got to a gate with a little gap at the side and a bunny sat in the middle of the field, he slipped his little bitch the dog turned tit a few times and the rabbit ran towards us with the bitch on its arse, as the both ran through the gap i swung the lamp to watch the run in the field we were stood in but there was no rabbit just a lurcher running about looking confused, then my dog pulled on his slip and when i put the lamp on him he had the rabbit in his mouth, it had ran into the post and killed itself

• Like 1

went out on the lamp slipped my old bitch on a rabbit twist turn twist turn bang got it, she brought it back went to put her back on the slip and se wasnt there lamped the feild and she was trotting back over with another rabbit :thumbs: bonus 1 slip 2 rabbits :boogy: :boogy: :boogy: :boogy:

Slipped a dog at a bunnie a while back and just as i thought the dog was going to bag it on the fence line the bunnie decided to jump a 3ft sheep netting fence into a big patch of bramble..1nil to the bunnie.

Was out ferreting couple of months ago took a young lad with me started of on a banking prrty steep but not bad ground ferret worked away got 3 in the nets so I started too locate the ferret was right near a hole so i told the boy too stick his hand down and pull it out well all I got was a look of f**k u I ain't sticking my hand down there it was on a slight slope dogs running loose the nets off the hole the rabbit bolts right up he's chest he catches it then my deerhoundx jumps on the rabbit and pushes the kid down the hill dog in tow not letting go of it's rabbit me and my mate were in stitches for 30 mins

me a lad from here about 2 weeks ago for a lamp around my way.he ran in feild with his dog.good chase and killed long ear.then i saw 1 about 70 yards away.chucked me dog out the car and he ran down the beam.he kicked the hare up and it ran flat out into the lads front bumper and k'od its self were i was standing. dog grabed it but it left a mark and some fur on his bumper

was out early one morning sees a rabbit in the middle of a field by an old telegragh pole slips me dog hes all over it i thaught thats dead next min the dogs dogs standing their looking confused i walked over to see were it had gone no sign ov it any where no holes no grass nothing :icon_redface: rang me mate told him what had happend and he said it had happend to him even naming the telegraghpole where i was