ok lads,decided to get an iphone,quick question.all these apps and i tunes im guessing they aint free.how does it work.do you purchase them with a debit card or are any you buy added to your monthly bill. also what is this jailbreak thing you can do with the phone. watched a cpl vids and im still none the wiser. beggining to think its gonna be complicated and will do my head in lol

ok lads,decided to get an iphone,quick question.all these apps and i tunes im guessing they aint free.how does it work.do you purchase them with a debit card or are any you buy added to your monthly bill. also what is this jailbreak thing you can do with the phone. watched a cpl vids and im still none the wiser. beggining to think its gonna be complicated and will do my head in lol

Hiya mate, it comes with an 'app store' already, you put your card details in it and then search for and purchase apps/iTunes. Really easy once you get the hang of it.

The jailbreak means it fully unlocks the phone, and it can be used as a modem ie. you can connect it to a laptop and use it to get the Internet. But if you do it things can go wrong and also it voids the warranty :thumbs:

That's not a quick question! :laugh:

There are loads of free apps available, some useful ones, like on line banking, news, weather, moonphase, loads of very silly ones too.

When you get your phone you need to open an itunes store account, you buy everything through that, it is secure, not like just entering your card details on the phone :icon_eek:

I've had an iphone since they first came out, most of the different models etc, they are a lot better now, have never jailbroken one though so can't help with that bit.

I bet it's for sale soon though :laugh:

cheers lads,nah if i can master it ill hang on to it. so can i use it in the house say browsing, of my bt wireless broadband. which wouldnt use up my monthly allowance if you get what i mean. or is that the jailbreak thing. i would rather not mess with it though. seen an adaptor thing you can buy which puts your phone screen on the tv,but maybe im getting carried away i know f**k all about them lol. my thinking was get used to the iphone before making a commitment on ipad cause there kinda similar.

cheers lads,nah if i can master it ill hang on to it. so can i use it in the house say browsing, of my bt wireless broadband. which wouldnt use up my monthly allowance if you get what i mean. or is that the jailbreak thing. i would rather not mess with it though. seen an adaptor thing you can buy which puts your phone screen on the tv,but maybe im getting carried away i know f**k all about them lol. my thinking was get used to the iphone before making a commitment on ipad cause there kinda similar.

That's the jailbreak thing. You already have the Internet on the iPhone as long as its in ur contract and you're paying for it etc so you don't need broadband or anything else (apart from a phone signal!)

Aye I was thinking about an iPad it looks like a big iPhone though don't know if it would be worth it?

I got an iPhone through the week there and as said bank details in and browse the apps, loads of handy ones that are free, I downloaded the photo bucket one and it's a piece of piss to use, also itv catch up and sports results ones, all handy as feck!

Also have the iPad and you can synchronise them together using icloud, also handy,

Just need ianb to sor out a "thehuntinglife" app for them.

• Like 1

FFS someone with an I phone in Falkirk, better not plaster that over the net you'll get robbed.............. :laugh:

Great wee phone mate when you get used too it. Alot of the apps are free, probably not the best but still none of them really are that great.

Are you with orange :)

no vodaphone lolill be calling you lab if it fucks up lol

Actually you'll be calling no c**t if it fucks up............ :laugh:

Jailbroken phones allow the phones file system to be modified and changed.A Jailbroken i Phone with Cydia and Installous will allow any app to be downloaded for free.Roughly about £25 to have done.

http://thebigboss.or...iphone-4-3g-3gs

why bother once jailbroken you cant up date it ....... :thumbs:

You can with Sn0wbreeze and iTunes. :yes:

Had all models except the 4s and once you get used to working it which in my opinion is a lot easier than any android or windows phone you won't really want another unless they change drastically. Best thing I have liked is the way the screen responds to touch not overly sensitive and it's instant. Which model you got scot