Hunter or poacher

Is there any difference between a hunter and a poacher or is a poacher just a hunter without permission and if you are to get done on poaching is it the land owner or occupier that has to press the charges or can you be done by the public prosecution and over here in Ireland or across the water before the ban can you be done for poaching while hunting fox or is it only game you can be done on

• Like 1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

simple one really. DONT GET CAUGHT even with loads of permision the grass always seems greener the otherside of the fence

It all boils down to having permision or not and even takein rabbits on public land without permission to do so will get you prosecuted if caught as i once got fined £60 for ferreting piles of rubble

It all boils down to having permision or not and even takein rabbits on public land without permission to do so will get you prosecuted if caught as i once got fined £60 for ferreting piles of rubble on an old deserted airfeild.The duty soliciter at court couldent believe i was getting prosecuted and asked if the springer spaniel was comeing to court as a witnes lol.

• Like 2

The owner is asked whether he wants to take it further.

Tresspass is a civil matter.

When in pursuit of game it becomes a criminal matter.

Couldnt comment on the fox senario thats a rare one

Bear in mind this is only a simple summary.The whole subject can be a legal minefield

• Like 1
Guest thebigdog

i was just wondering,say if i was in an area where their was deer with my lurchers with out permission and got arrested for suspicion of poaching ,if my defense was i was after fox ,could they only get me done on tresspass

yep, you cant really prove intent. if theres no dead bambi near by you'll be sweet

simple one really. DONT GET CAUGHT :thumbs: even with loads of permision the grass always seems greener the otherside of the fence :laugh:

your right there and ive wondered all my life why this is so but it always is. always think theres more game round the corner or over the fence or boundary lol.

should be ok over here pal have poached most of my life and never had any troble of the law had a shotgun pointed at me a few times out the window of the jeep and get the f**k off my land but thats about it realy,hard men with there guns,

Edited by Blue one
  • Like 3

should be ok over here pal have poached most of my life and never had any troble of the law had a shotgun pointed at me a few times out the window of the jeep and get the f**k off my land but thats about it realy,hard men with there guns,

was out a few years ago lamping for rabbits with my lurcher in co. sligo and heard a shot right near me and the sound of shotgun pellets hitting the hedge right next to me...sent the hairs on me neck standing! i ran like feck and got back to the van safely! as i had no perimssion on the land i did not challange the farmer, but, reported it to the guards, they came back out with me and found out who's land it was, the bollix that shot at me had his gun taken off him and got a caution from the guard, he should of been done for attempted fecking murder the c**t!!

over here in Ireland, they make up the law as they go along!

most of the time, i have never had any problems, but their is allways the one!

some mad farmers over here can get heavy handed and shout a lot, but ususally if you go, its the end of the matter, have not heard of amyone over here getting prosecuted for trasspass in persuiet of rabbit or fox.

You were lucky i got left for dead after a similar scenario and am still suffering to this day with shotgun pellets too deeply embedded in my back and just for lamping a few rabbits.

was out a few years ago lamping for rabbits with my lurcher in co. sligo and heard a shot right near me and the sound of shotgun pellets hitting the hedge right next to me...sent the hairs on me neck standing! i ran like feck and got back to the van safely! as i had no perimssion on the land i did not challange the farmer, but, reported it to the guards, they came back out with me and found out who's land it was, the bollix that shot at me had his gun taken off him and got a caution from the guard, he should of been done for attempted fecking murder the c**t!!

some mad farmers over here can get heavy handed and shout a lot, but ususally if you go, its the end of the matter, have not heard of amyone over here getting prosecuted for trasspass in persuiet of rabbit or fox.

You were lucky i got left for dead after a similar scenario and am still suffering to this day with shotgun pellets too deeply embedded in my back and just for lamping a few rabbits.

yes, i was very lucky, unlike yourself, hope its not too painfull for you still. !

was out a few years ago lamping for rabbits with my lurcher in co. sligo and heard a shot right near me and the sound of shotgun pellets hitting the hedge right next to me...sent the hairs on me neck standing! i ran like feck and got back to the van safely! as i had no perimssion on the land i did not challange the farmer, but, reported it to the guards (irish police), they came back out with me and found out who's land it was, the bollix that shot at me had his gun taken off him and got a caution from the guard, he should of been done for attempted fecking murder the c**t!!

Good on you for going to the guards. A lot of people wouldn't have bothered. I know it annoys some farmers but catching a few rabbits (or hares) surely doesn't merit death by shotgun. Some people aren't fit to have guns.