socail nites

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Somehow think this is not going to work....

I would sooner sit down for tea with the taliban lol.

Seriously, I'd pay to listen to Whin. Only met him once. Be better than the telly and something you could tell your grandkids about - the Lothian's answer to Fred Rolfe!!!!! Book in there somewhere!!!

Rother Valley still hold the odd talk, they have been great fun, Harry Millward/Geoffrey Burnhill/Barry Wade/Paul Dooley. Its a shame nobody else does them as i think there is a definate market.................

Edited to add there are still some great characters and still a few of the old boys and i for one would enjoy some of there tales and stories before they depart for the great hunting grounds in the sky..............

Used to get to a few of the terrier shows,everbody in the boozer afterwards,then sit listening to some of the old fella,s,tales of past hunts,memorable digs and rescues,the exploits of some of the dogs and terriermen,the old sing song.Never really the same with the lurcher shows.

• Like 1

27 guests pisses me off feching show your face , the faceles mass , lol ye simo a lot going be lost be cause of labour govermnet and lack of freedom of speech

Many of the older generation have seen it and done it in a time without legislative restrictions and the stigma attached to being a "hunter", Harcombe,Gould,Chapman,Nuttall,our own Chalkie, Didrekson, these are characters from a lost era, who will be the characters in 50 years?

Personally i think the game will be f****d and thee era of characters is gone...........

27 guests pisses me off feching show your face , the faceles mass , lol ye simo a lot going be lost be cause of labour govermnet and lack of freedom of speech

Many of the older generation have seen it and done it in a time without legislative restrictions and the stigma attached to being a "hunter", Harcombe,Gould,Chapman,Nuttall,our own Chalkie,Didrekson, these are characters from a lost era, who will be the characters in 50 years? Personally i think the game will be f****d and thee era of characters is gone...........

:thumbs:

it will not be totaly feched as its still going on in some areas with real characters but more cloke and dagger ,stuff , but late seventies eighties was the hey day of the running dog and good part of the ninties , only in last 5 years its got a bit hairy at times

Went to see Ted walsh years ago, and he was very good.He talked about his hunting overseas, and showe some slides from all the places he had been to. Then had talked about Phil Lloyd + Speckle , that was great,.

Asked lads what xs they had got or what there liked to work, never talked about plumber lol, said bit about Hancock only regards where to get colliexs from if you where in to that kind of x, which was fair enough i thought. A lad asked him about bullxs, which at the time were starting to get more popular , he said if bred well and not heavy would make good lurchers, as he had seen some in Inda with ebt in there mix, and were very good dogs. Was a good night , had few pints and made couple of mates, who i still have a chat to today :yes:

• Like 2