£22 dog bone !!

Tod got a piece of dog bone stuck in the side his mouth, it was wedged in the side of his jaw. :wallbash: . I tried everything to get it out, no feckin way, it was stopping him from drinking. Never knew it was there till i went to take him +Bryn for a walk 4pm, he came out of his kennel then could see he was in trouble. Me and another bloke tried for 1/2 hour as i said no way. I give the vet a bell, he said bring him right in. Got to vet, i held him still the vet got hold of his lower jaw, then got long twisted shape plyers, and pulled it out. It had left a graze in top of mouth, so he gave him a jab just in case it getts infected, thats fair enough :thumbs: . it cost £ 22 quid so i made feckin sure they aint any old bones in his kennel when i got back :laugh:

Poor f****r did you laugh at the vet about the infection or did you tel him he's had worse in his mouth ray :-) atb chris

he knows , he seen all his cuts before, from fences and etc.......... he knows they are working dogs :thumbs:

Been quite lucky Ray,I seen a dog die a day after eating a bone while chasing a rabbit!! A piece of bone perforated through the dogs stomach and into one of it's vital organs! As for rabbit bones CP I put my rabbits through the mincer bones and all Inc chicken carcasses..a bit time consuming but I'm f*****g used with it lol. ATB Andy.

£22 is nowt mate ! Delta had a rabbit rib bone stuck in her throat, £140 !!!! Thank god for insurance !! LOL !! Hope the dog makes a full recovery !

Cheers.

thanks, i was more worried that the that they might have knock him out, but he seems ok now going to give him his dinner (raw mince chicken 1lb bit of meal) and have another look now .!

Been quite lucky Ray,I seen a dog die a day after eating a bone while chasing a rabbit!! A piece of bone perforated through the dogs stomach and into one of it's vital organs! As for rabbit bones CP I put my rabbits through the mincer bones and all Inc chicken carcasses..a bit time consuming but I'm f*****g used with it lol. ATB Andy.

All my dogs eat raw stuff, Andy, it was just a one off, never hapened before, the rib bone "sprung" across the esophagus and I couldn't reach it, so the vet had to knock her out and remove it. I still feed raw, but if I could find one of those industrial mincers, at a decent price, I would definately mince the dogs grub ! All these problems are just part of the great dog game !! :thumbs:

Cheers.

I had something similar happen with one of those roasted bones you get in pet shops.

It was about eighteen years ago (i.e. pre-internet so hadn't learnt from others mistakes) and is the reason I've never touched cooked bones since. A wide U shaped piece became wedged between either side of the top jaw of my 3/4 collie. Fortunately, he was very even-tempered (with me, though not with others) and he allowed me to slide a screw driver between the bone and the roof of his mouth: very tricky as there was only just enough room. I then had to lever it out! As I said...a very even-tempered dog.

Edited by Neal

I feed a lot of carcass to my dogs but allways make sure they are alone as I think another dog adds competition and they are more inclinded to try and wolf it down, also £22 at a vets was a bargain I dont think my vet would even say hello for that, atb nasher.

• Like 1

Tod got a piece of dog bone stuck in the side his mouth, it was wedged in the side of his jaw. :wallbash: . I tried everything to get it out, no feckin way, it was stopping him from drinking. Never knew it was there till i went to take him +Bryn for a walk 4pm, he came out of his kennel then could see he was in trouble. Me and another bloke tried for 1/2 hour as i said no way. I give the vet a bell, he said bring him right in. Got to vet, i held him still the vet got hold of his lower jaw, then got long twisted shape plyers, and pulled it out. It had left a graze in top of mouth, so he gave him a jab just in case it getts infected, thats fair enough :thumbs: . it cost £ 22 quid so i made feckin sure they aint any old bones in his kennel when i got back :laugh:

Bloody hell mate! Exactly what happened to me,I took my 8 month old for a walk about 3 weeks ago and noticed in the roof of his mouth what looked like a white stripe going across from inside of his tooth to the other side,when I looked at it properly I noticed it was a bone so I tried to pull it out and it was jammed,she must of had it in their a good while because her mouth grew over it,i didn't notice because she was eating and drinking fine,anyways strait down vet and it cost me 16 they done the same took it out and a jab,she's fine now just a little dent in the roof of her mouth. Atb