permission slip

Think you need a tractor and trailer. :D :D

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

all of the above plus flat headed nails to use on trees when i cant get a purse net to hang. 6mm garden canes come in useful when netting akward holes secatears a must all my ferreting is in woodland.

Depending on my plans of how long the trip will be and how big the sets are i take:

1 spade

60 thick spun nylon and spun poly purse nets.

200 yard Quickset Longnet.

Dog, whistle and slip.

1 or 2 light weight ferret boxes + 1 of mates.

5 or 6 of my working ferrets + 1 or 2 of mates ferrets.

Folding saws-(from £ shop)

2-3 Mates, depending on the land.

Ferret finder and 5 collars aswell as my mates with an extra collar.

Knife.

Have got a probe but do not often dig if my ferrets kill they tend to move on.

Edited by ferretertom

1xprobe

40 nets

4xcollars

2 mk1 boxes

elec tape

knife

shovel

secateurs

rubber gloves

spare batts

spike for hard ground

5 ferrets

2 ferret boxes

all purpose folding knife.

lurcher

food,flask etc

i reckon the probe is the cheapest tool to make but the most usefull bit of kit to a ferreter.

50 or so nets

2 25m longnets

spade

probe

locater and 2 collars

secaters

knife

folding saw

ferts as needed in box

drink

clothing as required carry it all in an old roe sack even the rabbits on the ay back for me the roe sack means i can keep all the gear together all the time so no probs forgetting stuff like knives and flasks.

Ferrets

30 nets

Knife

Folding spade

Flask

Munchies

Dog....... In a few weeks when shes fully fit :thumbs:

When my locators sorted I'll be taking that too.......

Some people need a tractor and trailer to get their kit about. You could go on and on..... Spare collars, spare batteries, spare spade, extra gloves, iron 'feeler' bar.......

All depends on what you've got and what your willing to hump about. A few ferrets and either nets or a dog would suffice :thumbs:

Some of the amount of kit some people take out (6 collars, 2mk3 locators, 1 mk1 locator, handwarmers, various dogs, 2 spades, 2 ferret boxes) that's some amount of Money!!!!!! And most isn't needed.:thumbs:

One back pack that contains a pile of purse nets (20-50 usually), couple of poke nets, sometimes a stop net, mark 3 box and collars, bottle of water or flask of tea and knife. Short handled shovel attached to bag, along with a rabbit carrying strap. Ferret box hangs beneath back pack. And dog.

Minnimum kit is - Dog, 1 collared jill in pocket, mini spade hung on belt.

Hi Ideation

does ur ferret box attach to your rucksack when its underneath?

No mate, it just has a shoulder strap, but its slung below the back pack to make it more comfortable. I have thought of attaching it, but with the weight of three ferrets or more it would all be a bit cumbersome.

='Veedublee' timestamp='1325439572' post='2413526']

Ferrets

30 nets

Knife

Folding spade

Flask

Munchies

Dog....... In a few weeks when shes fully fit :thumbs:

When my locators sorted I'll be taking that too.......

Some people need a tractor and trailer to get their kit about. You could go on and on..... Spare collars, spare batteries, spare spade, extra gloves, iron 'feeler' bar.......

All depends on what you've got and what your willing to hump about. A few ferrets and either nets or a dog would suffice :thumbs:

Some of the amount of kit some people take out (6 collars, 2mk3 locators, 1 mk1 locator, handwarmers, various dogs, 2 spades, 2 ferret boxes) that's some amount of Money!!!!!! And most isn't needed. :thumbs:

If im just about the doors or local i will take a light load if i go to my further permissions I take two spades Two locators And a spare six collar's and a spare with spare batteries and tape in the car im no travelling two hours for something to give up the ghost and f*ck up my days ferreting . Half the time the rabbits ended up in black back sitting between the guys on the back seats as there's no room in the boot :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: