Does a terrier really need to come from the best breeding? (Please read, it's a good topic!)

I dont see the big deal about getting dogs with unbelievable breeding in them! I think that no matter where the terrier comes from, if you bring it out with you hunting every day that you can get out then it should be very good! I have a border terrier that is only 10 months old and has already dug out two foxes!! And as you probably know it is sposed to take border terriers nearly 2 years maybe even 3 years before they start going to ground! I also have a jack russel terrier bitch that came from pure harmless parents that wouldnt kill a mouse and she is nearly a year and a half and has dug out plenty of foxes with her! She is a very very good terrier and is jst as good as any other working terrier, probably better than a lot of them! This just proves that you do not need a terrier to come from the best terriers in the country as long as you put a lot of time into them!! :D:yes:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sure you can get a dog from a pound and it could graft, I have, and you could get sommat from unknown none working breeding and that could be dug to also BUT if you went looking at either of those pla

hes a game little fecker ! go on tommy boy !!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's to say the terrier from the pound hasn't got the best blood in it already ?, the best bitch i've personaly ever seen work came from a dogs home. It's not something i'de take the chance of doing,

I agree up to a point. But its about playing the percentages. If you took a hundred dogs from 100% pet blooded parents and the same from 100% working parents, do you think the number of culls to workers would be the same?

• Like 1

I dont see the big deal about getting dogs with unbelievable breeding in them! I think that no matter where the terrier comes from, if you bring it out with you hunting every day that you can get out then it should be very good! I have a border terrier that is only 10 months old and has already dug out two foxes!! And as you probably know it is sposed to take border terriers nearly 2 years maybe even 3 years before they start going to ground! I also have a jack russel terrier bitch that came from pure harmless parents that wouldnt kill a mouse and she is nearly a year and a half and has dug out plenty of foxes with her! She is a very very good terrier and is jst as good as any other working terrier, probably better than a lot of them! This just proves that you do not need a terrier to come from the best terriers in the country as long as you put a lot of time into them!! :D:yes:

well PM me then lad wouldnt mind seeing them work :yes: .... plenty of terriers do a bit buts its peoples standards on what they think are work and what another mans ideas are of work.... as i say wouldnt mind seeing your russell bitch digging atb stopend :thumbs:
  • Like 1

You can't polish a turd no matter how many hours you put in, and a pup from proven parents and lines will have a greater chance of working than 30 generations of show/pet, its a no brainer surely?

And can you remove that avatar, i know whose dog that is and you have no right using it as your profile picture...

No offence youth but thats the sort of drivel spouted by those that have done/seen feck all imho...........

So he's using other folks fox / dog photos for an avatar? Nice.

Put it this way Tommy -

Are you trying to say that any dog taken out hunting a lot and introduced right will make the grade? Cos if so, there are a few littler of 'jackhuauwas' or whatever the f**k they are called about, and i doubt you could get less working bred dogs. If you can get one of them working fox well, i will give you a prize!

• Like 1

yes ill go with some of what you say. :thumbs:

got a bitch which will be 12 years ole on 14;2;2012 shes got no diggig blood no fancy names and as a pup till about 2years she was a brushin dog and not the best i can tell ya. then one day i went out and she self enter and bolted a fox and didnt look back. not a hard core diggin dog BUT A DOG WHICH WHEN OUT WOULD FINE MORE FOXES THEN A PACK OF HOUNDS SO TO SPEAK she could be called out after a bit of swearin and the ole girl would stop bayin thinkin she fooled me and i get of her case. the most she found to ground is 5 in a mornin take this bitch any were and she fine ya sport

• Like 1

No offence youth but thats the sort of drivel spouted by those that have done/seen feck all imho...........

Youth :hmm: I'd say kid Sime, he's 15 ain't he. :D

yes ill go with some of what you say. :thumbs:

what a load a pooo poooooo, was it not you fish that said on here that you need not look any further then the local dog pound when looking for future digging dogs :yes: