New kennels ,just finished

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice job mate, though as well as sureing up those fence pannels i'd also put a small piece of board across the bottom of each kennel, so it's a small hop over and stops that straw falling on to your r

Built on the pad for the last effort but this time ive put a bit of thought into it . Fully roofed in with individual boxes ,easy clean lift off lids and made with buffalo board which is a laminated

The dogs have the freedom of the garden in warm weather and to the latches ive used that type for 35 years and never had a problem .Makes me wonder what some of you lads put up with in kennels because

How much was that clear sheeting for the roof mate. I'm thinking off getting some........?...PM if you like..... :whistling:

i would'nt bother you will be changing them in a couple of years the sun deteriorate them you would be better off with corrigated bitchermin type.

Having a laugh arnt you mate .That stuff aint worth a wank .Goes brittle in the sun and bows and leaks in the winter .The sheets i used were off a job i did ,not second hand just surplus and cost about a tenner each for 15 foot lengths .

DONT WANT TO PUT A DOWNER ON YOU BUT ARE THOSE HOOKS ALL YOU GONNA DO ABOUT SECURITY? :thumbs:

The kennels are in my back garden mate surrounded by a six foot wall with a security camera overlooking the back and front of the house .I know you mean but i draw the line at somethings .

How much was that clear sheeting for the roof mate. I'm thinking off getting some........?...PM if you like..... :whistling:

i would'nt bother you will be changing them in a couple of years the sun deteriorate them you would be better off with corrigated bitchermin type.

had the bictho stuff did`nt stand the weight of a decent snowfall -- either needs loads of support or be put on top of ply ...

tidy job when you get round to it whack an extra hinge in the middle of the doors and some decent bolts .. got the same kind of set up but attached to a 12 x 8 shed with a corridor and sleeping compartment -- the doors take some hammer :thumbs:

Understand what you say mate but one thing i wont tolerate is dogs jumping continuously amongst other things like barking for no reason .Easy to cure but seems most places i visit,lads put up with it .

tidy job when you get round to it whack an extra hinge in the middle of the doors and some decent bolts .. got the same kind of set up but attached to a 12 x 8 shed with a corridor and sleeping compartment -- the doors take some hammer :thumbs:

Understand what you say mate but one thing i wont tolerate is dogs jumping continuously amongst other things like barking for no reason .Easy to cure but seems most places i visit,lads put up with it .

nor me -- i`m just on about the amount of use they get i found 3 hinges stopped a lot of the movement bowing and dropping on the doors ..if your happy with it thats all that matters .. Edited by the_stig