wellies ?

i think its important to have wellys that are either tight fitting at the top,, or you can tighten a strap,,, ive tried to walk plough in those type off wellys in the above link,, and because there wide open at the top,, bits of muck flick up and go down the back of your wellys as you walk.

if you buy muck boots get the one with the vibram sole,, the moulded type go like slick tyres in a matter of a few months. and you will be on your arse more then being upright

Went for the Aigles myself this year. Had 3 good years of the Le Chameaus, couldn't fault them but when i went for a pair a few months back i was talked out of getting them buy the shop owner. He was telling me they are no longer made in France...i think he said they are now made in Morroco and he felt that the standards were slipping with them? Dont know the truth in that im afraid but i did save around £100 quid that day on wellies and the Aigles have been comfy and warm up till now.... :thumbs:

• Like 1

I've had a pair of Hunter Balmoral Bamboo carbons for two years now. They lasted fair good considering that I walk a long way on the roads before I need them on the fields. I find them fit a bit bigish for me tho and as a result they flop around a bit on my feet. The sole has only just worn out - time for a new pair.

I'm saving up for these soon as I can afford them

http://www.uttings.c...un-brown-85015/

Went for the Aigles myself this year. Had 3 good years of the Le Chameaus, couldn't fault them but when i went for a pair a few months back i was talked out of getting them buy the shop owner. He was telling me they are no longer made in France...i think he said they are now made in Morroco and he felt that the standards were slipping with them? Dont know the truth in that im afraid but i did save around £100 quid that day on wellies and the Aigles have been comfy and warm up till now.... :thumbs:

Thats usually the case with most 'brands' that become popular and Le Chameaus reputation has been growing over the past 10 years. :yes:

Wellies are my big problem at the moment. To be honest, as good as Aigles and Le Chameaus are a lined pair right now are out of my price range. I could afford the boot but couldn't afford to puncture a pair going over wire or summat within a year or so of gettin 'em. If i'm goin to fork out that sort of cash, it's gotta last.

So this year I plumped for a pair of Regatta neoprene's, knew it was the cheaper end of the market but worth a punt. Advertised at over £50 on ebay they came in at £26 posted. Gotta be honest, they looked the part, great sole and were as comfy as feck, well chuffed was I... Well chuffed till a long wet march on the lamp..!

The b*****ds split, across the side of the heal, where the rubber compounds meet, i'd only had 'em a fortnight..! They went right back...!!!

So now i'm stuck without and it's rained none stop... Bugger...!!

I've got Le Chameau Vierzonord and had them a few seasons now. They don't get as much hammer as my Boots but they have been through alot over a few years now and they have stood the test. I rate them highly. I can't be doing with these sip up jobs you can get though, my calves aren't big enough to need em and I've seen em break and they are alot more expensive.