Opinions on new 'dangerous dog' law

their sharp as buttons gnash! tho i will say, with hindsight, i.m.o. the 91 D.D.A. was a good thing in a way for the A.P.B.T. over here, as the vast majority of numpties who were owning them back then and getting them the bad press pretty much dropped them and left them to those who truley understood and admired their unique qualities. seems to of turned full circle tho, with every bugger and their chav granny walking around with one. unfortunately, thier never the ones who lose thier yards, it's always the sencible folk who keep them for the right reasons who's door comes of the hinges at breakfast!

Yokel

• Like 1

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely right.....the law should never have been prejudiced by what breed of dog you keep....law is law.....a bites a bite.   " racism " is a bit of an understatement........................i thi

Now theres a man after my own heart The reality is mate these things the kids are walking round with now.....are certainly not the same dog some of us grew to love and admire back years ago........i

Just another law to control.   Just wait until they want all dogs muzzled and on leads at all times. As for dog attacks, they are classed as bites, fall and jumping up. A friendly dog jumping up to

Now theres a man after my own heart :thumbs:

The reality is mate these things the kids are walking round with now.....are certainly not the same dog some of us grew to love and admire back years ago........if they think they are,who cares they can call them what they want they still wouldnt know what a real one was...........

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 4

My guess is that, as usual, it will get used for all the wrong reasons to target anyone who they can try and pin it on!!

Who is the judge of dangerous behaviour?.......the police?..........the rspca?...........the bloke in the park?...........the lady next door and her cat?

"Dangerous behaviour" can mean a whole host of things in different peoples eyes............... its one of those cover all wording laws so loved by people with f**k all else better to do and eager to show some arrest figures!!

The wording should be more narrow, if you dog attacks a human being who is not trying to climb over your wall in the middle of the night then you go behind the door......simple and clear.

This will not end well if it is passed into law imho

Who is the judge of dangerous behaviour?.......the police?..........the rspca?...........the bloke in the park?...........the lady next door and her cat?

Its normally " experts " appointed by the rspca................in reality they are people who have spent their lives stuffing sweets into their dogs face in front of the telly and have absolutely no understanding of a keen boisterous athletic dog and take anything thats not laying on their back wanting their belly rubbed as a sign of aggression !

I agree about a dog thats not protecting................theres no place for a human aggressive dog or reason to keep one.

Its normally " experts " appointed by the rspca................in reality they are people who have spent their lives stuffing sweets into their dogs face in front of the telly and have absolutely no understanding of a keen boisterous athletic dog and take anything thats not laying on their back wanting their belly rubbed as a sign of aggression !

I agree about a dog thats not protecting................theres no place for a human aggressive dog or reason to keep one.

I believe it can be any police worker or council worker (i think that's how it was worded),no trial involved.

I'll try and dig up the link to make sure.

council worker? or police worker?? what some fat bird who processes council tax payments is a council worker ffs....

The generic wording is the cause for concern, removal of the banned breeds list would be a good start but wont happen ....more spin and bullshit from an iffy government alliance of you ask me...

Just another law to control.

Just wait until they want all dogs muzzled and on leads at all times.

As for dog attacks, they are classed as bites, fall and jumping up. A friendly dog jumping up to a child is classed as a dog attack.

As for cost to NHS, what do you think mass immigration cost the NHS, the BBC never mention that?

It's funny when people shout about statistics, but when put in to context are just ridiculous. Compare dog attacks to the number of people of people who get hurt whilst pissed, and the amount they cost the NHS and suddenly it seems daft

...and then there's smoking...

My major concern here is its history repeating itself.

Who is seeking tighter control of firearms? The majority who know almost nothing about firearms but are scared of them.

Who is wanting to introduce more laws governing so-called dangerous dogs? People who don't know a lot about dogs, but who are scared of them.

We need to start introducing laws governing middle-class middle england who keep infringeing on the rights of others who just mind their own business and go about getting on with things.

Also, if someone is stupid enough to break into my house, damn right I want em to bleed from wounds inflicted by the members of the household who bite!

The intruder/criminal better just be thankful the dogs beat me to it!

true mate, but if proper pit wanted to guard you+family, uless the shit had a gun who broke in your house, he would be in very big trouble with that dog , when they kick off dangerous dog, and i been round them+staffs from the 60s.!

It will be promising to see the majority with trophy dogs, or joe public with the uncontrollable lab or poodle for that matter get the pressure the bull freternity have been getting for years. All human aggressive dog owners and uncontrollable dog owners need to feel the pressure and fear the law, more so than the law abiding bull owning responcible dog man or woman. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Dog racism stops now ! "The deed not the breed" where did i hear that before?

All human aggressive dog owners and uncontrollable dog owners need to feel the pressure and fear the law, more so than the law abiding bull owning responcible dog man or woman. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Dog racism stops now !

Absolutely right.....the law should never have been prejudiced by what breed of dog you keep....law is law.....a bites a bite.

" racism " is a bit of an understatement........................i think the term " genocide " would be more accurate when it came to the apbt !

• Like 4

All human aggressive dog owners and uncontrollable dog owners need to feel the pressure and fear the law, more so than the law abiding bull owning responcible dog man or woman. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Dog racism stops now !

Absolutely right.....the law should never have been prejudiced by what breed of dog you keep....law is law.....a bites a bite.

" racism " is a bit of an understatement........................i think the term " genocide " would be more accurate when it came to the apbt !

The joke is on the law, the other breeds that were listed in the DDA were as rare as hens teeth as it were in uk and even here in eire which shows the mentality then, and how lightly thought out the act actually was.

What you can't have you want even more, this thug culture has that such mentality from guns to dogs. The infamous web hosting site piczo , if memory is right, low life thugs and chav's advertised bull breed crosses as bad ass pitbull terriers. Their dogs are no more pitbull terrier than my neighbours cat , yet give the breed such a degraded image with their dogue American bull dog type crosses. To add insult to injury they post video clips of their gnarly "pitbull" dogs showing their tenacity towards dogs and humans alike.

Innocent dogs then and now are PTS because of the failure of human nature, after 1000's of dogs loosing their lives later, only now the law states " all owners of dangerous dogs regardless of breed are under the umbrella of the DDA" 20 years later the penny drops !

Very scary thought these intellectuals run our countries!

Taxi !

• Like 1

i aggree but such as rotties an apbt on the rampage they kill people not like a jack russell biting some one an i think it is racism trouble is its the people not the dogs ,,, what would be a good way to legislate the breeds that can kill rather then just a pure ban ?? the laws in this country are stupid to say the least.....