Opinions on new 'dangerous dog' law

I heard on the news this morning that there will be a new law meaning any owner of a dangerous dog can get a (max) 2 year stretch, not only the 'dangerous' dogs list.

To me it sounds good, as numpties can be banned from keeping dogs for life and it seems they will only PTS the proven dangerous dogs. But I can't help being a bit paranoid about this as it could go down the sensible road of no banned breeds, but it could just make it easier to remove any dog and throw around fines without it looking slightly like a bull.

But if you're a good owner then hopefully this can only be a good thing?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16191119

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely right.....the law should never have been prejudiced by what breed of dog you keep....law is law.....a bites a bite.   " racism " is a bit of an understatement........................i thi

Now theres a man after my own heart The reality is mate these things the kids are walking round with now.....are certainly not the same dog some of us grew to love and admire back years ago........i

Just another law to control.   Just wait until they want all dogs muzzled and on leads at all times. As for dog attacks, they are classed as bites, fall and jumping up. A friendly dog jumping up to

agreed far to many idiots owning aggressive dogs they have no control over.boils my f*****g piss.stupid skinny weedy b*****ds getting dragged along the street with a dog they obviously cant control.

lab tastic with buzz?

• Like 1

Just another law to control.

Just wait until they want all dogs muzzled and on leads at all times.

As for dog attacks, they are classed as bites, fall and jumping up. A friendly dog jumping up to a child is classed as a dog attack.

As for cost to NHS, what do you think mass immigration cost the NHS, the BBC never mention that?

• Like 2

agreed far to many idiots owning aggressive dogs they have no control over.boils my f*****g piss.stupid skinny weedy b*****ds getting dragged along the street with a dog they obviously cant control.

and thats just labtastic and buzz lol

lab tastic with buzz?

beat me to it ye c**t lol
  • Like 1

lab tastic with buzz?

lab tastic with buzz?

:laugh: :laugh:

Just another law to control.

Just wait until they want all dogs muzzled and on leads at all times.

As for dog attacks, they are classed as bites, fall and jumping up. A friendly dog jumping up to a child is classed as a dog attack.

As for cost to NHS, what do you think mass immigration cost the NHS, the BBC never mention that?

It's funny when people shout about statistics, but when put in to context are just ridiculous. Compare dog attacks to the number of people of people who get hurt whilst pissed, and the amount they cost the NHS and suddenly it seems daft

• Like 1

not sure what to make of that tbh, the revised dog control bill thats still yet to be law sayes this , so if whats in the news today is anything to go buy the DDA wont be repelled ... :hmm:

12 Repeals

The following Acts are repealed—

(a) the Dogs Act 1871;

(B) the Dangerous Dogs Act 1989;

© the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991;

(d) the Dangerous Dogs (Amendment) Act 1997.

lab tastic with buzz?

No guesses who you are. Mentioning lab again :laugh:

• Like 1