Metal Detecting

My mates just paid £1300 for one!the one he wanted was about 3k,they have a screen that shows you the ground in 3d,has sat nav to program your digs,usb etc,i was borded shitless but looked on it as the dog was getting a walk and used to LONG periods in the cold!Ive got a 'Micronta 4003' for sale,reasonable offers?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mate got one so we gave it a go   We dug up half a beach within 20 yrds, before we realised he had steel toecapped boots on,,,,, the twat !! :laugh: true story

took a mate out a few months ago with his found a silver penny from 1200 and something or other, dont think its for me though, ive got a very low boredom threshold

Me also, just cant afford the detector

they have a screen that shows you the ground in 3d,has sat nav to program your digs,usb

Minelab Etrac its got the USB interface to download discrimination programs etc?Superfurryanimal,you can get one without all of the bells and whistles for a couple of hundred quid,look on youtube for demos of popular detectors.Some strange stuff hidden just below our feet,watch the clip..........

i love metal detecting, but of a scrap man kind :laugh: :laugh:

serious tho my house back home is about 20 miles from where this was found http://www.staffordshirehoard.org.uk/ and now the lucky fellas minted!!! my dads got a good machine i might take it up when im back for x-mas, you never no unless you have a go ;)

Edited by lurcher1

Whats the legalities if you find something of serious worth on someones property. Can you claim it as yours or do you say you found it in your back garden... :whistling:

Spend more time tecting than hunting these days , usaully use a c scope 3mx for land and a minelab soveriegn for the beach

Thinking of having a change after christmas maybe buying a tesoro hawkeye or a gmp

Anyone wanting to start , you wont go wrong with a garret ace good machines for the money

Was any members at the rally last weekend when the 200 plus gold sovs where found ? a right result

I'd imagine the metal detector would be going off constantly!

You can disc a load of the crap out callum,you still get false signals but you learn to read them,most decent machines nowadays have variable-disc or tone and ID meters,I do the thames sometimes which is filled with mineralisation and iron,still find stuff,its illegal to detect in france I think?Some other euro countries as well,sweden was one of them.

WELL LADS ,

IVE BEEN OUT A LOAD OF TIMES WITH FRIENDS IN PLACES WHERE WE ARENT SUPPOSED TO BE :whistling:

IVE 9 MATES THAT ARE OBCESSED WHOM I WORK WITH , THEY HAVE FOUND LOADS OF QUALITY ITEMS AND JUST RECENTLY ONE HAS FOUND A GOLD KING STEPHENS COIN WHICH WAS REALLY NICE , AND I FOUND TWO SILVER SAXON SCEATS ON MY FIRST ATTEMPT WITH IN SECONDS OF GING ONTO THE FIELD WHICH I WAS REALLY LUCKY IN FINDING , AS WE HAD JUST JUMPED OUT OF THE MOTOR AND I ASKED THE LADS IF THE DETECTOR WAS PLAYING UP , THEY SAID YOU LUCKY #### THATS A GOOD SIGNAL !!! LOL

YEAH IF I HAD MORE TIME I WOULD GIVE IT A GOOD GO

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING :victory: