TOOL OR WORKING COMPANION

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tools the lads i go out with are working companions, if ye start loving a dog and treating it like ye best mate ye make excuses for faults and the dogs lack of skill or progress next thing ye know ye

Working companion, you have to have a bond with a dog to get the best out of it, unless your a point and slip merchant and require little or no training, but to me that is not what a lurcher is all a

Its a working dog site, you shouldnt have to justify your reason on here.

the bitch was way to hard would not settle and respect her quarry she was constantly tried in shallow easy places knowing putting in her in any deeper would result in her killing herself so very limited to what ye could do with her eventualy she walked and wouldnt go back so i tapped her simple as that :thumbs:

I dont know how this has turned into a thread about your dog Hedzs :laugh: ........but it sounds to me like you want to keep digging dogs and not dogs you can have a dig with........thats the right way for anyone serious about their terriers imho

For me, a dog you can have a dig with is fine but it sure can limit what you can do with it sometimes :thumbs:

God knows wilf i know 1 thing though i aint gonna change how i do things and wont change my opinion because folk on an internet sit think i am wrong i have my own way of doing things and ill stick to it at least with me i like to think ye get no bullshit and its straight down the line if 1 of mine aint no good ill say its no good :thumbs:
  • Like 2

So she was too hard and then a jacker? LOL!!!!!!!

The fault here lies with the breeder and not the dog, By your own admission the breeding is too tight and the line has faults. So stop breeding to the line and get new blood in! In 20 years you've managed to get to a point where you're breeding wankers and they are starting to show physical faults. Is that the dogs fault? Nope, it's yours and yours alone. I aint a dipstick, mind you your fell type terriers will end up looking like no recognisable type by the time you've finished!! You don't need to give your dogs love, you need to stop the brother to sister matings!.

I know plenty of dogs too hard for their own good and I am sure loads of people on here do too :yes:

Its not that easy for lads who are fussy about their line to find a decent outcross........good dogs dont grow on trees.

When I lived in Ireland we worked hard dogs to all ground game, plenty got smashed to pieces for being too hard, but those hard dogs didn't become jackers. If she's lost interest it's down to how she was worked, once again a fault with the owner!

The fault here lies with the breeder and not the dog, By your own admission the breeding is too tight and the line has faults. So stop breeding to the line and get new blood in! In 20 years you've managed to get to a point where you're breeding wankers and they are starting to show physical faults. Is that the dogs fault? Nope, it's yours and yours alone. I aint a dipstick, mind you your fell type terriers will end up looking like no recognisable type by the time you've finished!! You don't need to give your dogs love, you need to stop the brother to sister matings!.

Yes she was way to hard why ye find that funny ?? ye never had a hard dog walk before ?? or do they all last a lifetime at your kennels ive seen alot of dogs to hard for there own good there only flesh and blood they keep going like they do they eventualy throw in the towel do they not and ive a few here that are doing fine thanks and there bred the same way the phisical faults i am noticing have only just started to appear ie there size etc i thought a year ago about an outcross for fresh blood and have pondered over it greatly because its not something i dont take lightly and not everyone i breed is a wanker but we all get litter wasteage obviously ye dont every terrier ye breed comes out with a lifetime guarentee sadly mine dont i breed the best i have to the best i have and hopefully it will come through but it always doesnt if i get 3 or 4 decent dogs out a litter i am happy and i like half brother to sister matings i am kinky like that :thumbs:

When I lived in Ireland we worked hard dogs to all ground game, plenty got smashed to pieces for being too hard, but those hard dogs didn't become jackers. If she's lost interest it's down to how she was worked, once again a fault with the owner!

You speake from your own experience matey and I respect that but I have seen the very thing Hedz talks about many times and it happens........all these dogs were raised differently, some lived out, some lived in just as any pet would.......they were not overmatched or given too much, too young.......it was all steady away with good decent owners, they were from good stuff but didnt make it.

Plenty of lads will tell you a similar story.

A dog can have a heart as big as a bus, but if its lacks size or sense to back it up then its gonna get hurt and there is only so much any animal can take.

• Like 1

But if she's so hard, she'd be straight in, not backing off.

Listen for the record I don't think hedz31 is an idiot and I think he knows his stuff. I think his dogs are probably good workers too, anyone breeding a line will get shit now and then.

My main point is, there's people on here who are posting about what dog to get or about their first lurcher and then 6 months later the dog is up for sale and they are after a new cross, These people are usually experts at the game by then. They are getting rid of dogs because of their own failings and blaming it on the dog.

I know plenty of dogs too hard for their own good and I am sure loads of people on here do too :yes:

Its not that easy for lads who are fussy about their line to find a decent outcross........good dogs dont grow on trees.

Thats utter bollox and ye know it

But if she's so hard, she'd be straight in, not backing off.

Listen for the record I don't think hedz31 is an idiot and I think he knows his stuff. I think his dogs are probably good workers too, anyone breeding a line will get shit now and then.

My main point is, there's people on here who are posting about what dog to get or about their first lurcher and then 6 months later the dog is up for sale and they are after a new cross, These people are usually experts at the game by then. They are getting rid of dogs because of their own failings and blaming it on the dog.

because she was to hard and went in like a steam train with no thought for herself and the fact she was smaller and lighter than the quarry she met she came unstuck and obviously had enough being only flesh and blood gave iot a f**k that and used her brain for the first time but walked now she was given the chance to try again and said no so i said goodbye her litter brother started the same but learnt respect and is doing fine she was never gonna learn and would either die or walk i said it a year ago she walked

And you killing a dog for jacking even though she was game is bollocks. Did you think of putting her to work on different quarry?

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

I can feel a match brewing...... Team fluffy cuddles vs. Team spade it.

Can I wear my pink fluffy slippers while team spade it wears rambo bandaners and a knife between there teeth.

Cookie

And you killing a dog for jacking even though she was game is bollocks. Did you think of putting her to work on different quarry?

Gee no i never thought of that :tongue2: reading back your posts and a few things ye have said ye sound quite familiar ye wouldnt be living in america now would ye ?am sure i know ye would your name be robert booth :laugh: :laugh: get a grip fella ye keep trying to conquer america :laugh: its not our fault nuttall wa there first and reigns king :laugh: