nightwork

Just got some given some work working the night shift looking for some tips as iv never worked nights before an I tried to stay up all night an sleep in the day to get adjusted to it before I start the work but I always end up waking up like every hour an find it really hard to get back asleep so I think I got like 3 hours sleep so I'm looking for some tips off any one that's worked nights on how they changed there sleeping pattern

i worked cycle shifts for years ...nights and days ..i never got used to sleeping in day i found when u go home in light wakes you up...you'l just have to hope your body gets into routine of sleeping in day.blackout curtains or blinds can help to make it dark in day ..

don,t have owt to drink before you go to bed in the morning go to bed as soon as you can in the morning if like me you can.t get more than four hours then try an hour after tea.perm night shift now for 10 years don't realy get used to it but can only try.

used to work at Goodyear's tyre company,, 3 shifts (morn 7-2, afternoon 2-10, nights 10-7am. When on nights they used to say dead man hours was 2-4am, because if you were going to ill or drop dead -heart attack, it happened alot in these times early morning, and to be honest you did feel really fecked at them times.Then about 6am you used to pick up and feel better. Idone them for 2 years, but got fed up with it, and got another job , lost some money but felt better in the long run :thumbs:

i worked 12 hours shifts 2 weeks days and then 2 weeks nights..... for a few years, never get used to the sleeping during the day.... you'll always feel shattered at about 1 to 2 Am as the bodies natural sleep pattern kicks in..... then you'll not be too bad....

used to just come home about 7-30Am after night shift breakie like toast and tea.... nothing heavy then bed....

Don't force yourself or get annoyed you can't sleep... just relax and you will drift off.

Snap.

• Like 1

i do 12hrs at heathrow nights, 4 on 4 off.....get home about 7.30. ( commute from brum). quick tea and straight to bed.(usually still warm from her, which helps!)...back out curtains are a must , usually sleep till 1 or 2. when startinbg off shift i stay awake for the day and try to readjust to normal patterns...day i am starting shift I have a lie in or get an hour or so in the afternoon.

(getting the missus to give you a bj in the morning might help you sleep better but as yet mine aint fell for that one!)

no its a company car and the pay makes it worthwhile....1.5hrs door to door..slightly above the 70mph but what can you do....plus 4 off is worth its weight in gold....couldnt do five 9-5's now....

I am on shift now with a pumping headache! this time of year use a natural light emitter because of lack of natural sunlight if you can....skin goes to shit with no natural light...

• Like 2