Dependent on how thick the undergrowth your clearing Ian?

Personally, I wouldn't take a kukri into the field, no matter how good my permo is. Just look at the ad for it, it doesn't smack of undergrowth clearing, even if it could be right for the job. If I owned that it wouldn't leave the house!

I'd look to a bill hook or a good 'ol sickle (which is what I used to use), they are simply undergrowth clearers and would be viewed as such by whoever else is lookin. ;)

• Like 1

the kukri is a good knife for hacking down small saplings ect, cleared most of the garden of the house when we first moved in with one, mainly because i didnt have anything else available :laugh: get yourself a good petrol brush cutter preferably a 4 stroke one :thumbs: will save you time and energy :laugh: :laugh:

Dependent on how thick the undergrowth your clearing Ian?

Personally, I wouldn't take a kukri into the field, no matter how good my permo is. Just look at the ad for it, it doesn't smack of undergrowth clearing, even if it could be right for the job. If I owned that it wouldn't leave the house!

I'd look to a bill hook or a good 'ol sickle (which is what I used to use), they are simply undergrowth clearers and would be viewed as such by whoever else is lookin. ;)

Already have a machete, but its not brilliant, I'll have to steal me old mans bill hook... :D

the kukri is a good knife for hacking down small saplings ect, cleared most of the garden of the house when we first moved in with one, mainly because i didnt have anything else available :laugh: get yourself a good petrol brush cutter preferably a 4 stroke one :thumbs: will save you time and energy :laugh: :laugh:

May as well go the whole hog and use the chainsaw :D

, I'll have to steal me old mans bill hook... :D

I think a bill hook is the way forward dirt bag..especially for all them gorse bushes and bramble..and the beauty of the bill hook is you have the long handle and a hook on the end for dragging stuff about.. so you wont get your hand's spiked and scratched to bit's as much..

If you get the chainsaw out dont forget that ash will be a few pegs in that lol and you can use yer bill hook on that old railway embankment to make it easier for old people to set nets lol.

That ash is ours Nobby... :D Plenty of ferreting to do when I'm back..