taking my pup out at nine weeks

Just read this thred,And this lad has been slaged off from the start, called a prick and all sorts, wolves were mentioned, well thats excactly what you are, the shit you been give this lad, were it should be advice and encouragement, what is it like, knowing it all, and knowing fu#k all. oneshot do what your doing and good luck with you dog, but try and cut back a little bit on the exercise OLDRED

• Like 2

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus fecking christ will ye lot give it a rest ive never heard so much shite in all my life all spouted and taken from fecking books ,the lad has only took the pup out for a mile or 2 gentle walking

Taking a jabbed up pup out for a bit of ferreting sounds like a good idea , walking a nine week old puppy for miles a day sounds like you need a good kick in the bollocks.

if this pup aint doing fox by 3months get rid it should be doing them by now . i dont think it will make the grade but i might be wrong . your a twat

Posted Images

flint039.jpg

What the f**k is that.Thats no lucher looks like a good guard dog

hi mate just wondering what dogs you run thats if you do take them out and do you always judge a book by its cover i havnt come on here to big peoples dogs up and i havnt come on here to slag peoples dogs off whats good for one person ent good for another lets just say you wouldnt use a a pushbike to plough a feild would you

Just would not be my type and it does not look a running dog everyone too there own

Surely that picture is screwed up ? The dog can't be that short-coupled and that tall ?

Cheers.

this is the original pic.

flintandpup004.jpg

not sure where oneshot got the pic from

• Like 2

Heard it all now 9 weeks old,getting walked few miles and now out lamping it be killing hares single come jan fs wise up.It just left its mothers tit 3 weeks ago :nono: :nono:

somebody said no wonder it was easy for the antis to get are sport banned its people who say my dog will be hunting hares what a prick dont you know the law its ilegal to course hares wise up and get off your mums tit

Prick look your bring a 9 week old pup out lamping know what to do phone the dog home and tell them that you have a 9 week old pup that will be with them when its 9 months you fool.9 weeks thing about what your f*****g saying

look at what i wrote did i say i took the pup out and it ran its bollocks off stop jumping to conclusions your the prick mate thinking things in your head what hasnt been said so take your time in the future and read the posts properly before you comment atb oneshot

Where did l say you brought it out and run the balls off it????What you did say is you brought dog on walks few miles a day at 9 weeks old and that you had it out lamping watching or not a nights lamping is a long night .Unless you did two fields then back home.Just dont see the point when its only 9 weeks old there is loads other things you could be doing with.At the end day its your pup if you f**k it up you f**k it

jumping to conclusions again you even know how long i was out lamping pmsl

well all have our ways of bring'n pups up regards food+ exercise, and i( was) prob like alot on here that held pups back with exercise, till about 8-12 months old. But ive seen these dogs ( malamute x) run, and there drive+stamina is somthing else (BRILL) .and same with this pup, the dogs all have been took out very young from 8 weeks old. If this is what you( get) by doing this that way, well if i get another pup its what i will do next time. You would have a shock to see how the pups really come on this way.!! . The people who have this x have been in the dog game a long while as my self, they know what there doing :yes:

a malamute is a big heavy dog i would of thought the first cross would be much to slow and awkward to be any good have you been out with the dog in the picture

i walk my pup roughly 2 miles every other day, hes 16 weeks, when i get around to taking him out he will not be walked prior to lamping just let out in the garden for a slash. but i will gradualy increase the distance when he gets to about 5 months

Not sure what you mean by "not be walked prior to lamping" ? I like to get the dogs a bit exercise before lamping, to loosen them up a bit, saves them getting muscle pulls, strains, etc, by running "cold".

Cheers.

i walk my pup roughly 2 miles every other day, hes 16 weeks, when i get around to taking him out he will not be walked prior to lamping just let out in the garden for a slash. but i will gradualy increase the distance when he gets to about 5 months

Not sure what you mean by "not be walked prior to lamping" ? I like to get the dogs a bit exercise before lamping, to loosen them up a bit, saves them getting muscle pulls, strains, etc, by running "cold".

Cheers.

i mean the pup mate not the dogs working, if the pup comes lamping hes not walked before because of the distance we may put in on the night.

well all have our ways of bring'n pups up regards food+ exercise, and i( was) prob like alot on here that held pups back with exercise, till about 8-12 months old. But ive seen these dogs ( malamute x) run, and there drive+stamina is somthing else (BRILL) .and same with this pup, the dogs all have been took out very young from 8 weeks old. If this is what you( get) by doing this that way, well if i get another pup its what i will do next time. You would have a shock to see how the pups really come on this way.!! . The people who have this x have been in the dog game a long while as my self, they know what there doing :yes:

a malamute is a big heavy dog i would of thought the first cross would be much to slow and awkward to be any good have you been out with the dog in the picture

Bull's are big dogs too but the half x's are still used to good effect........bit daft to think just because one half of a x is big that all offspring will be of similar build.

im curious a bout the malamute cross so i got in touch with ONESHOT he told me he knows the lads very well who run them i asked him a few questions of there ability he woudnt say a lot so im starting to think there not so capable as what you say he told me you have never been out with the half crosses he said you go out with trigger2 and his dog as only a quarter malamute so if he is any good how do you know it comes from the malamte could you explain

im curious a bout the malamute cross so i got in touch with ONESHOT he told me he knows the lads very well who run them i asked him a few questions of there ability he woudnt say a lot so im starting to think there not so capable as what you say he told me you have never been out with the half crosses he said you go out with trigger2 and his dog as only a quarter malamute so if he is any good how do you know it comes from the malamte could you explain

I was sceptical about the cross when they appeared,but I am VERY reliably informed that the half mals excel at their job.

To go back to the original post/question regarding walking a 9 week old pup for miles. I wouldn't personally, BUT taking a pup out is very good for its general education. If you MAKE it walk for miles when it should be resting/sleeping etc, is a bit short sighted IMO. Walking at the same speed, say a fast walking pace for a human, won't do the pup any good. It will put undue stress on young joints and bones. Pups don't have a lot of muscle, nature designed for them to not stray far from the den. Playing all day in the garden is quite different to taking the pup away from home. At home it can stop and rest whenever it wants to: this might not be for long, but the pup has a choice, and nature will tell it when to rest and when to play.

If you take a very young pup out for a long walk, where you don't stop, the pup is forced to keep going to keep up with you, even if it is tired and should be sleeping. It won't want to be left behind, so it pushes itself to keep up.

Taking it out for a couple of hours walk when the pup can stop when it wants, lie down, sniff around, potter about etc. is completely different. If you go at the pup's pace then that is fine IMO.

Wild dogs and wolf pups won't stray far from the den until they are of a size and strength to keep up with the pack, and a pack member usually stays behind at the den to mind the pups which are too young to follow along on a hunt. Personally I keep pups of 5-6 months on the lead when the adult dogs are hunting or tearing about: humans have bred domestic dogs to be far bolder and more forward than wild animals, and the drive in some pups has to be seen to be believed. That sort of pup is at real risk of doing to much too young given the opportunity. Lower drive pups will be less confident and happier to stay with you if the adults go off chasing something. It all depends on the dog. Just my thoughts on the matter.

To go back to the original post/question regarding walking a 9 week old pup for miles. I wouldn't personally, BUT taking a pup out is very good for its general education. If you MAKE it walk for miles when it should be resting/sleeping etc, is a bit short sighted IMO. Walking at the same speed, say a fast walking pace for a human, won't do the pup any good. It will put undue stress on young joints and bones. Pups don't have a lot of muscle, nature designed for them to not stray far from the den. Playing all day in the garden is quite different to taking the pup away from home. At home it can stop and rest whenever it wants to: this might not be for long, but the pup has a choice, and nature will tell it when to rest and when to play.

If you take a very young pup out for a long walk, where you don't stop, the pup is forced to keep going to keep up with you, even if it is tired and should be sleeping. It won't want to be left behind, so it pushes itself to keep up.

Taking it out for a couple of hours walk when the pup can stop when it wants, lie down, sniff around, potter about etc. is completely different. If you go at the pup's pace then that is fine IMO.

Wild dogs and wolf pups won't stray far from the den until they are of a size and strength to keep up with the pack, and a pack member usually stays behind at the den to mind the pups which are too young to follow along on a hunt. Personally I keep pups of 5-6 months on the lead when the adult dogs are hunting or tearing about: humans have bred domestic dogs to be far bolder and more forward than wild animals, and the drive in some pups has to be seen to be believed. That sort of pup is at real risk of doing to much too young given the opportunity. Lower drive pups will be less confident and happier to stay with you if the adults go off chasing something. It all depends on the dog. Just my thoughts on the matter.

thanks for the advice i will bear it in mind but ive seen older dogs which have been brought up the same way as i am doing with mine and it hasnt seem to do them any harm no problems with there joints etc i dont walk the legs off the pup i just take him out to see other dogs doing there jobs which i cant see that doing any harm to him and the pup seems to enjoy every second he was still running and bouncing around at the end and i cant bear to see a dog stuck in i take my dogs everywhere with me even if its just popping to the shop ive done more miles with my terrier in the last 12 months than ive done with my misses in 6 years lol atb oneshot

hi all have been walking my pup for a few miles a day now and decided to take him out lamping with a mates dog was intrested to see that the pup did spot a rabbit down the lamp he sat there taking in all the information he needed can only do him good he walked real well we didnt see much but the pup had a good play and loved every second atb oneshot

this is either a wind up or you are a complete muppet