taking my pup out at nine weeks

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus fecking christ will ye lot give it a rest ive never heard so much shite in all my life all spouted and taken from fecking books ,the lad has only took the pup out for a mile or 2 gentle walking

Taking a jabbed up pup out for a bit of ferreting sounds like a good idea , walking a nine week old puppy for miles a day sounds like you need a good kick in the bollocks.

if this pup aint doing fox by 3months get rid it should be doing them by now . i dont think it will make the grade but i might be wrong . your a twat

Posted Images

and by everyone saying that it will f**k the dog up, the bones are still soft like humans at a young age, and walking it that far,will gain muscle to dense for the bone structure therefore resulting in dodgy joints, could result in bowed legs, what ever it is, you obviously wont take a telling off a number of people who had dogs longer than you and i, and itl just result in your dog, not being as good as it could of been, so if your dog turns out quick and agile, it could of been better, patience is a virtue, anyway, you got the reaction you was hoping for...prick

i think most of what you say is right what gets me is that hes trying to do the same as a so called respected lad off this site hes probably a young lad after a few nice comments if you know hes wrong tell him in a nice way if he dont listen he will be much wiser the next time he gets a pup as for the malamute x i think there wrong but who knows thats how we learn ps what gets me more than anything is trigger2 knew what was going on and he just sat back let the lad get a good kicking he started al this to me that makes him an high graded cowered

and by everyone saying that it will f**k the dog up, the bones are still soft like humans at a young age, and walking it that far,will gain muscle to dense for the bone structure therefore resulting in dodgy joints, could result in bowed legs, what ever it is, you obviously wont take a telling off a number of people who had dogs longer than you and i, and itl just result in your dog, not being as good as it could of been, so if your dog turns out quick and agile, it could of been better, patience is a virtue, anyway, you got the reaction you was hoping for...prick

i think most of what you say is right what gets me is that hes trying to do the same as a so called respected lad off this site hes probably a young lad after a few nice comments if you know hes wrong tell him in a nice way if he dont listen he will be much wiser the next time he gets a pup as for the malamute x i think there wrong but who knows thats how we learn ps what gets me more than anything is trigger2 knew what was going on and he just sat back let the lad get a good kicking he started al this to me that makes him an high graded cowered

ive just got in from a nights lamping with my pup and read this thread. it was only one page long when i last looked. underdog1985 its nice to see i have a fan.

oneshot1986 keep taking the pup out and do what your doing with him it wont hurt him.

cant see the benefit i let mines run abou the yard take them awalk hear and there but never on big jaunts as there no piont to the matter what happens if it gets a bit hot at times , i would train adog give him freedom but never walk the legs of him, at a young age ive never had lurchers ive bred with bad jionts walking young just hard running on dry ground , my pup bred this year is doing fine at 14 15 weeks gets to go out for 2 to 3 hours rabbiting with fereerts under control but does not get to come out on a nite as adiffrent ball game ,no rush with yourpup gethim trained up first ,plus abit exersise but dont sicken the pup or theyl go doer on you as they get older ,

oneshot your right its your pup to do what you want with but it is to young mate to be doing that kind of distance watch him playing after a few minutes their knackered and need their rest and sleep plus your playing with fire walking him before its had the last innoculation . nothing wrong .with getting it to learn to follow you around but take it a bit easier with him would be my advice as the bones are still very weak and you could be doing more harm than good .this is not having a go just a bit of sound advice and good luck with your puppy anyway .

Got a pup now jst going up for 5 month old n he aint bin out hunting or anything of the sort jst letting him get used to going on casual mooches we me and other 2 lurchers n generally jst being a playful pup, 9 week is far to young in my eyes but each to there own and that gud luck we the pup hope it turns out well for you :thumbs:

• Like 1

some folk on here are so far up there own arses its uncomfortable :icon_eek: has anybody ever watched a litter of pups playing?? i dont mean the kind of litter that gets reared in a kitchen or a 2x2 run lol, i mean litter of pups with access to a decent bit of space, free range pups shall we say :laugh: well i have an i know for a fact that they cover some distance playing, chasing an generally mucking about, espesially so when the pups hit about 10 weeks old an still in pairs or a larger group, or even a single pup with a playfull older dog to muck about with.. i have an do take my dogs out young, an a few miles a day aint that far,especially if broken up into smaller walks or even just stopping an given pup time to rest during your jaunt, the trick to starting pups early is not to give them too much soon, let them grow with confidence in heaps an you should end up with a very healthy confident dog that knows his job like 2nd nature :yes: ill await the flak, but remember i couldnt give a flying fluck what the folk of this forum think of me :laugh::victory:

like a pack of wolves once a so called respectable lad ( like rocky ) as a go the rest fire in i call it licking ass PS say what you think not what you think others would like you to say

Are ye having a laugh rocky1 doesnt know his arse from his head :laugh: :laugh:
  • Like 1

makes you wonder how many folk on here actually walk there dogs?? an if they do, what is it, a quick walk round the block to empty the bladder :blink: im betting most the dogs on this site sit in there own pish an shite till the owner wants them worked, which probs happens once or twice a week for an hour or 2 :laugh: sad, but probably true :cray:

• Like 2

We took an 11 week old pup out ferreting all day sunday. She loved it.

Taking a jabbed up pup out for a bit of ferreting sounds like a good idea , walking a nine week old puppy for miles a day sounds like you need a good kick in the bollocks.

have you ever taken a dog out at a young age or are you just like most people and read books if you havnt taken a dog from a young age how do you know that it is not good for them tiger woods was young when he started golf roger federer was young when he started tennis and they turned out to be good at there chosen sports so whats to say its bad also wolves travel miles to catch there prey do they have problems when they get older or dont they hunt until they are 10 months +

they certainly dont go out hunting at 9 weeks you f*****g dweeb

who said my pup was hunting get yr facts right and you dont know me as a person so dont insult me and keep following the heard like most of the others on here pmsl

some folk on here are so far up there own arses its uncomfortable :icon_eek: has anybody ever watched a litter of pups playing?? i dont mean the kind of litter that gets reared in a kitchen or a 2x2 run lol, i mean litter of pups with access to a decent bit of space, free range pups shall we say :laugh: well i have an i know for a fact that they cover some distance playing, chasing an generally mucking about, espesially so when the pups hit about 10 weeks old an still in pairs or a larger group, or even a single pup with a playfull older dog to muck about with.. i have an do take my dogs out young, an a few miles a day aint that far,especially if broken up into smaller walks or even just stopping an given pup time to rest during your jaunt, the trick to starting pups early is not to give them too much soon, let them grow with confidence in heaps an you should end up with a very healthy confident dog that knows his job like 2nd nature :yes: ill await the flak, but remember i couldnt give a flying fluck what the folk of this forum think of me :laugh::victory:

its nice to see somebody who speaks there mind and not what other people want to here

when i first got my first lurcher shes a bull cross her mother was 27inchs an think her father was the same an i thot i was great got this wee pup at 10 weeks had got all injections an i walked her all the time was out mayb 3 4 times a day it didnt do her any harm but it didnt do her any good as she never grew for her build shes a big bones bull x with a greyhound length an a whippets height she only mad 23 n half inches u have 2 let a pup b a pup u will have plenty of time 2 work it when its 10 11 months