books !

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Read the books credited to Hancock Whin,look at the style and wording,they were Plummers works exactly the same as Michael Shaw being a pseudonym,he dabbled in hunting,courted those who did it,took th

I see you've got a thread about getting your first lurcher, so I guess you'd be after more training books than hunting books? Jackie Drakeford writes some good training books and a definte buy should

I can't praise Penny enough for her book. I've only read one of Jackie's books but although fairly short, I still found it fairly informative (plus they can be picked up pretty cheap on ebay etc.). As

I see you've got a thread about getting your first lurcher, so I guess you'd be after more training books than hunting books?

Jackie Drakeford writes some good training books and a definte buy should be a book by a member on here, Skycat. http://www.skycatpublications.com/ It'll teach you everything you'll need to know about caring for a Lurcher.

Although I've never seen it, the DVD Purdeys Progress is supposed to be very good, again it's about training a Lurcher.

For hunting experience's and story's then J. Darcy writes a decent book though they can be expensive so try and buy second hand if possible.

All the best

Luke.

Edited by bullmastiff
  • Like 1

I see you've got a thread about getting your first lurcher, so I guess you'd be after more training books than hunting books?

Jackie Drakeford writes some good training books and a definte buy should be a book by a member on here, Skycat. http://www.skycatpublications.com/ It'll teach you everything you'll need to know about caring for a Lurcher.

Although I've never seen it, the DVD Purdeys Progress is supposed to be very good, again it's about training a Lurcher.

For hunting experience's and story's then J. Darcy writes a decent book though they can be expensive so try and buy second hand if possible.

All the best

Luke.

I agree about Pennys book, a must for any owner of running dogs, although i think Jackie Drakeford books are poor, and the comment about trying to buy Darcys books secondhand, mate the very nature of the limited edition means prices only go up :thumbs:

I agree about Pennys book, a must for any owner of running dogs, although i think Jackie Drakeford books are poor, and the comment about trying to buy Darcys books secondhand, mate the very nature of the limited edition means prices only go up :thumbs:

I can't praise Penny enough for her book. I've only read one of Jackie's books but although fairly short, I still found it fairly informative (plus they can be picked up pretty cheap on ebay etc.). As for price, I don't mind paying it ( in fact have just bought the new j. Darcy one!) but was just thinking for a lad just starting out, £40 is a lot to pay for a book. Never meant any harm by it....

Edited by bullmastiff
  • Like 1