Keeping Ferrets?

make sure its not a small hutch. they need lots of room so a big hutch with run and get more than one ferret for company. feed lots of raw meet and you can give ferret compleat food everyday and chicken wings and rabbit. and freash water

all my ferrets are outside - make sure there is plenty of bedding to keep them warm and once a month i disinfect the cages with dettol a weak solution as this kills any bacteria that may be around and dampens the smell!

NEVER EVER use any kind of disinfectant that turns white in water :yes:

Y.I.S Leeview

all my ferrets are outside - make sure there is plenty of bedding to keep them warm and once a month i disinfect the cages with dettol a weak solution as this kills any bacteria that may be around and dampens the smell!

NEVER EVER use any kind of disinfectant that turns white in water :yes:

Y.I.S Leeview

Yep it shows a phenol content, as in Jeyes Fluid, not good round pets.

I had a 'sanitizer' which killed the smell of urine but cant remember what it was called.

have them castrated/spayed and they dont smell of piss and make sure they have clean bedding and clean them out everyday! :good:

Rabbit hutch is ok aslong as theres a run or theyre going to get out everyday for a run. Hate to hear of ferrets spending all their lives in little rabbit hutchs.

• Like 1

i have used a disinfectant in my ferret shed for the whole time ive had my jills,,,,,{2 and half years},,,,,,i i wipe the area where they shit n piss then ,i spray it over the place where theyve pissed then wipe it up daily,,,,,ive had no problems with the ferrets at all,,,,,,i must admit i was unaware of any side effects caused by the use of it,,,,any more info would be helpful,,cheers in advance,,,dave,