TIGGER X ROSIE PUPS

Good luck, not all that keen on the idea of a close breeding but if it locks the 'good traits' in and not any 'bad traits', it will be worth doing. But from what you say they have no bad traits as they are legends ;)

Good hunting Sirius

Edited by Sirius

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mother and Son    

moles

regarding not making it to there 2nd birthday i would agree with moo theres a saying better a day as a lion than a lifetime as a mouse

Posted Images

Sorry WILF they are all spoken for ...I should make a tidy sum of these just in time for xmas

£5600 Sould come in very handy for xmas but I thought the mars bar would tip the balance.......oh well, theres always next year!

If the truth be knowen Asha I have seen a lot of bitches working and not seen one that I would want a pup out of but im a fussy b*****d ........ and the reason I asked why use a pure grey is I wouldnt use a dog to breed from that hasnt been tested in the field not on the track as imo there is a huge huge differance as i cant honestly see what a track greyhound brings to the mix apart from speed...... me and the lads that will be getting pups just dont want a dog that does what the owners ask we want that little bit extra and hopefully a few turnout that way ...like I said time will tell

You have done the right thing imho and i would not hesitate in having a pup out of this breeding out of two tested working dogs thats the mistake a lot make going back to pure greyhounds or non ped whippets imho.Good luck with the pups.

:thumbs:

If the truth be knowen Asha I have seen a lot of bitches working and not seen one that I would want a pup out of but im a fussy b*****d ........ and the reason I asked why use a pure grey is I wouldnt use a dog to breed from that hasnt been tested in the field not on the track as imo there is a huge huge differance as i cant honestly see what a track greyhound brings to the mix apart from speed...... me and the lads that will be getting pups just dont want a dog that does what the owners ask we want that little bit extra and hopefully a few turnout that way ...like I said time will tell

You have done the right thing imho and i would not hesitate in having a pup out of this breeding out of two tested working dogs thats the mistake a lot make going back to pure greyhounds or non ped whippets imho.Good luck with the pups.

terrier lads have been doing it for years with thier stock..it makes perfect sense to keep the line close .. good luck Moo..please keep posting some pics of this little as they grow a bit..I like that little tiger brindle un ..

terrier lads have been doing it for years with thier stock..it makes perfect sense to keep the line close .. good luck Moo..please keep posting some pics of this little as they grow a bit..I like that little tiger brindle un ..

You are right Vin regarding digging dogs but you can get away with deformaties in that type of dog cause even a flat footed three legged terrier can be a top grafter where as the big dogs are a far more refined animal so even the slightest physical problems will hinder there working ability ....we have taken a chance on this breeding lets hope it works out .

Kanigra i have just figured out who you are you have seen the pups out of Tigger run down south and your right most didnt make there second birthday but that can happen when you get committed dogs of this type and you give them plenty...I would rather a dog didnt make its second birthday because it was 100% commited in its cause ...than it jacked and packed it all in

post-23537-0-92387900-1320791827_thumb.jpg

4 days old and all seem to be thriving

• Like 1

Refreshing to see a litter bred with one thought in mind "work", a carefully planned breeding with no money involved, its not even entertained.......The only downside is the breeder is sexually active with large eastern european males........

I agree mate. Not talking about jackers tho you always get some dogs that don't make the grade even siblings in the same litter.Some make it some don't. Some breedings can just sometimes be a little to keen? Like i said ave seen them run so know there good.Just like putting an injury prone dog over an injury prone bitch' shorten working life'.All that work put into the breeding & bringing on of the youngster & then they don't make a 3rd season. It was just a thought.

There is a big brindle bitch i like but I will watch them grow and wait till they get there charectors........ there is always 1 pup in a litter that catches your eye ....a bitch would suit my kennels at this moment but if theres a dog I like who knows ...

• 2 weeks later...