looking at a logun solo

Well you should get the gun for that, trouble is you will also want charging gear, either a cylinder or a pump. I would say hold off on the PCP siude until you have enough to get a cylinder or a pump, or go spring powered. That sort of money will see you with one of the better spring powered rifles, try looking for an HW95, nice little breakbarrel, devilishly accurate and quiet too! If it has to be PCP save up and get a charging rig as well!

Edited by secretagentmole

I was also looking at purchasing a Solo from an RFD (a friend of mine) he could get either the brand spanking new logo or a second hand S200 for me.

I trawled through the net looking at reviews, then asked on the queston "Brand new Solo or second user S200?" I also asked a gent who used a Logun Solo throughout the filming of one of his own dvd's where he praised them. He told me that the Solo was good for the money but with his experiance he would have taken the second user S200 over the Brand new Solo.

The consensus on this forum and a couple of others were the same. The solo is good for the money, but a second hand S200 is a far superior rifle. You can see what advice I took in my avatar to the left.

Tony

• Like 1

hi buddy

why don't you buy a decent spring rifle AATX200,AA pro sport,HW97,HW77 and alike, start with the basics and work your way up !

pcp shooting is too easy!!

Spring rifle shooting much more of a challenge! and will make you a better shooter in the long run IMO

Davy

I'd also say do a springer first. A pcp will teach you nothing.

If you can consistenty shoot a springer accurately, your set for all following calibres of rifle in principle. The technique of relaxed hold, breathong and follow through is the same.

You can get away with poor technique with a pcp, whereas a springer will punish you for it by missing.

MHO of course :thumbs:

I'd also concur with Secretagentmoles recommendation of an HW95k, .22 would be my choice and keep ranges sensible.

ATB and good luck,

Duncan.

Hi mate,

I agree with all the above comments. I own a logun solo and for the money they are a very good gun mine hasn't let me down in the two years i have owned it. But I think that any body looking to take up hunting with air rifles would be better off cutting there teeth with a springer first.

ATB Si