Best guard dog ?

Sush a loose term, many dogs will make a noise and warn off intruders but very very few will actually properly protect the home and family with tenacity, inteligence and bottle but also be a sociable and suitable pet. Getting a dog that will do it for real and mean it are as valuable and special as the 100% real deal digging dogs, the 6/6 fen dogs etc. As an all round dog i have said it before and will say it again, NOTHING compares to a WELL BREED GSD import...........

not being a suck up but listen to this bloke "bigthug87" :thumbs:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

never trust a man saying he's a professional and cannot spell it.....?????????????   easy to leave the odd letter out isn't it....       Snap.

just pointing out that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones mate.....   Although no mallice is intended on my behalf,   The minute you think you got the world sussed it has a way of

doesn't matter when you're just cockin about on a forum though does it

Posted Images

Sush a loose term, many dogs will make a noise and warn off intruders but very very few will actually properly protect the home and family with tenacity, inteligence and bottle but also be a sociable and suitable pet. Getting a dog that will do it for real and mean it are as valuable and special as the 100% real deal digging dogs, the 6/6 fen dogs etc. As an all round dog i have said it before and will say it again, NOTHING compares to a WELL BREED GSD import...........

the GSD on the right of the first pic is a proper stunner!!

My auntie got a GSD x staff and that's a he'll of a dog very similar to a GSD but somehow stronger but more athletic and he a v.very good guard as simo said do you want a detterant or a real guard dog if detterant go to the pound there will be loads of xbred dogs under a year that would be a good choice to have if you do as much homework on the dog as possible

the GSD on the right of the first pic is a proper stunner!!

Thanks Rob, he is the son of the black dog, i bred him about 7 years ago.........

What breeders or where would you look to source a GSD import then ?

How much would you expect to pay and to get it here ?

Would you be better off with a pup or a trained or older dog?

Cheese :)

All depends what you want mate, the parents to my black dog cost £27,000 for the pair to import from Belgium with their Schutzhund 3 and IPO titles, i know somebody who purchased a Schutzhund world champ for £32,000. A good pup would be anything from £500-800 bred in this country, imo no need to import a pup, i would prefer to buy a pup mostly, but along with a well bred pup you need a good knowledgable trainer to get the best out of the dog (im available for a good price :D )....