First full day ferreting this season, bit of a project! pics added

Tyla

Yep, weathers gone mad. Was out lamping the other night in a t shirt having to dunk the dog in a trough every few runs - in mid f*****g October!?!?!?! Felt like i'd joined the summer hunting club lol. To be honest im surprised theres not more young rabbits about

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, weathers gone mad. Was out lamping the other night in a t shirt having to dunk the dog in a trough every few runs - in mid f*****g October!?!?!?! Felt like i'd joined the summer hunting club lol. To be honest im surprised theres not more young rabbits about

Was out daytime mooching yesterday.. Got 3 massive milky does, not had a ferret to ground yet but belive I would be bumping into palm sized rabbits..

Weather is to pot its fair windy but the suns trying to brake through today..

Yes mate hes got a dh/gh.

Good too see parker out there,and willows really taking shape. Were the hell was pearl????

Once again them pics are useless!! Haha only joking there great, the one of parker and 'the boy' is great! At least hewasnt head first in a hole this time lol

Ohh yeah past my test :) no car yet tho lol

Excellent photos there: barmy weather. I often worry about running the dogs on this hard ground, but how long do you wait for rain when there's rabbits to be run and dogs to be doing the job?

Thats the quandry isnt it? The seasons getting shorter and shorter, the grounds hard and dry now and by the sound of it it'll be frozen hard next week or so. If you wait for it to be perfect you'd only be out a couple of times a season. I have to admit my heart was in my mouth a couple of times over the weekend. Even Parker, who is normally indestructable, was too stiff and sore for bushing on Sunday after running that ground on Saturday.

Where is the rain?!?!?

great post and great pics. where about in sussex are you guys from? i tried to guess from the pics, would love to join you and give you a hand one day.

Cheers, drop me a PM with some info on you. Maybe we can sort a day out somewhere

Great writeup and pics guys. Looks like a lovely place and your pup Tyla's looking really good.

Atb Leigh

Cheers mate, hows that pup? Done much with her since the ratting?

She coming on great, we're so pleased with her. I've only really been training her for the sport we compete in. Other than that she's only taken a rat in our garden and a bit of bushing but not much. I'm going to get her out doing some fun stuff soon.