proper poachers dog

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the sad fact is storys of dogs like that were probably what attracted many youngsters into the game and although a load of bollox did no real harm, unlike the 4 x 4 driving wankers with their "hard" d

me and an old bitch i had years ago both hid in a ditch full of water,i made two straws out of the reeds and as we both slipped under the surface out of site i whispered to her "here use this straw to

My dog see's me shivering in the dead of winter and pulls a flask of tea from under his superdog cape and pours me a brew. Rather quite amazing when you think, he misses the toilet sometimes.

Posted Images

I had a fox course in a sloped field. me and my mate were stood on the wall and slipped the dog over the wall, we heard a voice shout oi and a torch shined at us. we walked down the road and 2 minutes later a car pulled up ad started to bollock us. Luckily my mates is 6 foot 5 and about 17 stone. when he stood up he soon went. we decided it wasnt worth staying around so we both left and wal;ked four fields down and was met with a smiling dog with ginger fur all round its mouth. good outcome i say

had a dog years ago ,talking 16/17 years ago when was young and daft getiing chased of the police and the dog hid with us ,they even sent the helicopter out and the dog just laid their with us even with all coppers looking for us lol it was mad ,the dog in question i could right a book about the stuff that dog up 2 a propper street dog

Mine would be the first too go for a fuss and lick the face of the cnut while iam sitting in 6'' of water and full of thorns, That sounds like somthing Jeff burells would say as his ads say his lot can do ''Anything''

yep total bollacks,my dog once went to bite 2 blokes who caught me on the footpath and started to get mouthy,but he was a good guard dog in my truck and at home,but i think the dog hiding by itsellf is story book stuff,

Mine would be the first too go for a fuss and lick the face of the cnut while iam sitting in 6'' of water and full of thorns,

The one I have now is like that. I've seen one or two that would run and hide with you but never seen one hide on it's own. I wouldn't rule it out though. Some lurchers do become very suspicious of strangers but it'd probably be more to do with the dogs nature than training.

sounds like bollocks to me

there was an old boy in the village that wanted a couple of trout and i couldn,t be arsed , so i sent my old dog down the beck with a tiddler net ,it came back an hour later with three trout all over 4lb , gutted them and put them in the old lads oven , it also thought that my gran might like a hare, so coursed and caught one on the way back home , gutted it and hung it in the shed, honest!!!

proper poaching dog that one

Some posts on this thread are far fetched, and some have me shaking my head in wonder........A few lads have pointed out the real deals, i have a 1/16 colllie 3/16 kelpie 4/16 cattle dog 8/16 greyhound called Siegfried, all i would do after dusk was let "siggy" out of his kennel and he would trot the 3.24 miles to the local brook, nab a few crayfish, store them on the bank until later, then trot the 1.34 miles to the local stubbles, snaffle a few bunnies and the odd red stag (single handed of course), and then retreive all this home in stages and drop them in the chest freezer, before topping up his own water bowl and going back with a shovel to clear up his "business"............I sold the dog as he came home empty handed one night and i heard through the grapevine he had stopped off to "service" a genuine Norfolk lurcher and also helped an elderly war veteran across the road.

So do the genuine poaching dogs exist? Of course they do..................................In books :laugh:

There is a big difference to dropping a dog on command to a dog actually displaying the thought process to go and hide out of sight :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Some posts on this thread are far fetched, and some have me shaking my head in wonder........A few lads have pointed out the real deals, i have a 1/16 colllie 3/16 kelpie 4/16 cattle dog 8/16 greyhound called Siegfried, all i would do after dusk was let "siggy" out of his kennel and he would trot the 3.24 miles to the local brook, nab a few crayfish, store them on the bank until later, then trot the 1.34 miles to the local stubbles, snaffle a few bunnies and the odd red stag (single handed of course), and then retreive all this home in stages and drop them in the chest freezer, before topping up his own water bowl and going back with a shovel to clear up his "business"............I sold the dog as he came home empty handed one night and i heard through the grapevine he had stopped off to "service" a genuine Norfolk lurcher and also helped an elderly war veteran across the road.

So do the genuine poaching dogs exist? Of course they do..................................In books :laugh:

There is a big difference to dropping a dog on command to a dog actually displaying the thought process to go and hide out of sight :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

not knocking you or your writing i think your a good lad simmo even though we havent met .......... but i can tell you spent a bit of time with the great man plummer in your early years lol....... all the best matey old timer :thumbs:

Dunno about that last bit simo but the street curs around here know when to p*ss off and hide when the dog warden turns up lol