testimony

I asked Jesus into my heart in 1974, but I did not read the Bible or do the things that the Bible would have taught me to do. Later in that same year, I started smoking cigarettes, and the following year, I started smoking marijuana. About every six months I would start to feel guilty enough to go to church, but my friends would be waiting for me and hand me beer or drugs after church and then say things like, look a beer drinking Christian. I would throw the Bible down for the next six months.

As time went on I started doing more and more drugs, until I could not go one day without them. I tried for several years to quit. I tore up a hundred packs of cigarettes, and poured out gallons of beer and whiskey, but I would go and buy them again. I swore never again so many times that I did not even believe myself when I said it.

After thirteen years, my life was such a mess that I took a loaded 38 and stuck it in my mouth and would have pulled the trigger, but down inside I knew if I pulled the trigger I would wake up in Hell. I thought there was nothing I could do, but I said O.K. God I will give you a try.

I started visiting different churches. On November, 9th 1988 I pulled up to a church with 14 pounds of marijuana in the trunk of my car and a loaded 38 in my jacket pocket. I walked into the church and at the end of the service, I said Jesus come into my heart, and he did. I spent so much time reading the Bible and listening to Christian progams on the TV and the radio that I was learning very quickly. About three days later I opened the trunk of my car and found a carton of cigarettes, I picked them up and said, hey I don't smoke anymore. I then realized that I did not even have to quit the drugs, I just did not do them anymore. It has been over 20 years since that time and I am still free.

It does not matter what color you are or what country you are from Jesus loves you and he wants to be with you forever, but he will not force you to be with him. You must make that choice for yourself. If you decide that you do not want to be with Jesus, you will still live forever because you are an eternal spirit that is living inside of a temporary body, however, you will live without light, love, peace, hope, and without any of your friends or family, and with the knowledge that Jesus had paid for your sins and that the only reason that you are in Hell is because you rejected him.

Pray this prayer from your heart right now.

"Jesus come into my heart and take control of my life, I believe that you are not a liar, and that you will save me, because you said in Romans chapter 10 that anyone who calls on your name will be saved so I am calling on your name and I believe that I am saved."

Now go tell someone what Jesus has done for you

Todd

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shouldnt knock another mans faith in god.......ive a couple of close pals both of who have gone a bit nutty on the whole God thing over recent years,one of which is now a full blown born again christi

You can thank jesus , mohamed , father christmas or the tooth fairy , any problems you had ,you overcome them yourself , don,t give some fictional make believe character credit for what you did yours

When I get doorstepped by them , I quote Jonn ,chapter 6 verse 4..................and verily did jesus yawn ,scratcheth his knackers and renounce the tresspassers by bidding them to fucketh offeth ame

You can thank jesus , mohamed , father christmas or the tooth fairy , any problems you had ,you overcome them yourself , don,t give some fictional make believe character credit for what you did yourself .

Blasphamy!!!! You're dooooomed to hell!

I agree entirely, I once had some overly faithfull types try to convince me and a few mates that jesus rising from the dead was an historical fact! Recorded where exactly? The Bible? Do me a f*****g favour.....

Shouldnt knock another mans faith in god.......ive a couple of close pals both of who have gone a bit nutty on the whole God thing over recent years,one of which is now a full blown born again christian....both good solid fellas just took a different turn....needless to say i get jesus this and jesus that in the ear hole every other day lately.....some of it makes sense some of it dont,its not something im ready to look too deep into at this stage of life but whos to say what happens later on....

If the fella feels god plays a part on his life then who are we to tell him he,s wrong.

• Like 6

Shouldnt knock another mans faith in god.......ive a couple of close pals both of who have gone a bit nutty on the whole God thing over recent years,one of which is now a full blown born again christian....both good solid fellas just took a different turn....needless to say i get jesus this and jesus that in the ear hole every other day lately.....some of it makes sense some of it dont,its not something im ready to look too deep into at this stage of life but whos to say what happens later on....

If the fella feels god plays a part on his life then who are we to tell him he,s wrong.

I wont tell any body that follows a religion they are wrong untill the point they try to tell me that because I dont follow the fairy tales I am going to hell and I am some sort of a c**t! In this case because I wont apreciate jesus's sacrifice he made for me. At that point I get offended by it all.

"You must make that choice for yourself. If you decide that you do not want to be with Jesus, you will still live forever because you are an eternal spirit that is living inside of a temporary body, however, you will live without light, love, peace, hope, and without any of your friends or family, and with the knowledge that Jesus had paid for your sins and that the only reason that you are in Hell is because you rejected him."

I'm a scientist by nature, I'm not pretending that I am intelligent because thats not true, but that is my nature. I find religion very hard to swallow but others need it and follow it. Thats good, we all do what we must. But when someone trys to explain to me Im wrong with their 'logic' Im gonna give my tuppence worth.

mate i don't want to mock you,but religion isn't as big on this side of the pond as it is over there(praise jebus for that).the fact that you were born in america pushes your odds of being a christian way up.but if you were born in tibet you would surely be a buddist or saudi arabia a muslim or india a hindu or sikh.what makes you think you are right and everyone else is wrong?my own personal view is that it is bronze age man learning to control the minds of others.i'm sure you're sincere in your belief but i think you quit the drugs,alcohol and smokes on your own,and the reason you didn't pull the trigger is that the mind is very good at self preservation and can easily find a reason to live. :thumbs:

Also why conteplate suicide for smoking and drinking a bit?

Fair enough if you were a mad smackhead or lost a love one etc etc but it seems a bit weak to be brutally honest.

Maybe you just needed a bit of direction in your life, and if following a fictional character is that direction the crack on. But dont preach to us about your choice.

FTB

Born Again? Hey does that involve breast feeding???

I asked Jesus into my heart in 1974, but I did not read the Bible or do the things that the Bible would have taught me to do. Later in that same year, I started smoking cigarettes, and the following year, I started smoking marijuana. About every six months I would start to feel guilty enough to go to church, but my friends would be waiting for me and hand me beer or drugs after church and then say things like, look a beer drinking Christian. I would throw the Bible down for the next six months.

As time went on I started doing more and more drugs, until I could not go one day without them. I tried for several years to quit. I tore up a hundred packs of cigarettes, and poured out gallons of beer and whiskey, but I would go and buy them again. I swore never again so many times that I did not even believe myself when I said it.

After thirteen years, my life was such a mess that I took a loaded 38 and stuck it in my mouth and would have pulled the trigger, but down inside I knew if I pulled the trigger I would wake up in Hell. I thought there was nothing I could do, but I said O.K. God I will give you a try.

I started visiting different churches. On November, 9th 1988 I pulled up to a church with 14 pounds of marijuana in the trunk of my car and a loaded 38 in my jacket pocket. I walked into the church and at the end of the service, I said Jesus come into my heart, and he did. I spent so much time reading the Bible and listening to Christian progams on the TV and the radio that I was learning very quickly. About three days later I opened the trunk of my car and found a carton of cigarettes, I picked them up and said, hey I don't smoke anymore. I then realized that I did not even have to quit the drugs, I just did not do them anymore. It has been over 20 years since that time and I am still free.

It does not matter what color you are or what country you are from Jesus loves you and he wants to be with you forever, but he will not force you to be with him. You must make that choice for yourself. If you decide that you do not want to be with Jesus, you will still live forever because you are an eternal spirit that is living inside of a temporary body, however, you will live without light, love, peace, hope, and without any of your friends or family, and with the knowledge that Jesus had paid for your sins and that the only reason that you are in Hell is because you rejected him.

Pray this prayer from your heart right now.

"Jesus come into my heart and take control of my life, I believe that you are not a liar, and that you will save me, because you said in Romans chapter 10 that anyone who calls on your name will be saved so I am calling on your name and I believe that I am saved."

Now go tell someone what Jesus has done for you

Todd

We all need something to believe in and i'll not knock another mans faith, as long as religion or beliefs doesn't hurt anyone else then good luck.............

Disagreeing with someone is not knocking them ,If the man thinks god helped him thats o.k by me , but I,m surely allowed to have my views on religion .

The knocking comment wasn't aimed at anyones post, just a turn of phrase, and yes, i never said you weren't allowed a view.......

i have no prob in anyone following a faith,as long as it does not infringe on my life.what i mean by that is.preaching to me or judging my actions or way of life.what man has the right to judge another man.i dont believe in god or the bible.it is a lie based on a lie and full of contradictions.it was written by man,and as we know all authors will write in a fashion that expresses thier own views rather than all.

if todd has found peace in his life,and that peace came from believing in god and shit.then who am i to say he is wrong in that,

i once heard a really funny thing.someone said the very thing i did to a bible basher.

"your into god and the bible and shit arent you"

he replied

"the only shit in the bible son,is what came out of pharoes arse,when moses parted the red sea"

lol i actually thought that was a good comeback.