caught by plod

"Good evening officer just thought i give you a quick call to say that 2 off us will be lamping rabbits on old farmer Giles estate tonight. We dont have a car as we just walk but we should be finished up by 2 am. I always think its better to give you a heads up when we are out on a night and that will save you wasting anytime coming out......My name?..Oh its Micheal Mouse and my friend Minnie will be tagging along..........Thanks again!!!!"..................... :whistling:

Doesn't work like that Lab. Give them a call one night and see what I mean.

Your in Scotland...different law all together.

Just struggle to get my head round it. I cant see the police knowing what farms allow lamping on there land and i cant see them knowing which people by name only have permission. Only way round that would be to have some kind of "password" that you said when phoning up.

When you ring up, they take your name, address, reg number, and who's land you will be on. They give you a reference number which you have to phone in when you are finished and on your way home. We started to do it after being pulled on the way home for Woodga's permission one night, because it was "in the early hours, in a deer poached area and i drive a typical poachers vehicle" coppers words not mine. They did a pnc check, then searched my vehicle. If i had phoned in prior they would not have bothered stopping me after calling in my reg number :thumbs: I supposed i sounded a bit suss when he asked who's land i had been on and i replied "Big noses" That is what Woodga calls a particular farmer...i don't know his real name :icon_redface:

Had to start doing it here after poachers were on the farm last season and the police were called, it's a bit of a hassle actually, especially when their phone lines are busy and you cant get through.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

give clive rees a ring his number is in the countrymans he will advise you on whot the law is and whot to say when you go down the station to get your lamp back, without proof they had no right to tak

They have to have proof of you doing something illegal before they can confiscate anything go down tommorow and kick up a fuss.You were not breaking the law so he had no right legal or otherwise to re

aint karma a fooker, peddlepups off a pup an bad shit will happen to ye

I do nothing but poach...its a every week thing now with old bill sometimes 3 cars after us... & farmers on trykes etc :laugh: never damaged any crops dont work dogs out of season never stole & never damage anything [bANNED TEXT] anybody starts screaming :hmm::victory:

Can you imagine how pissed off they must be, how would you feel after doing a hard days graft to then have to get out of your bed to chase some idiot trespassing on your land, they don't know you are not going to steal or damage anything do they, for all you know someone might have been there 2 days prior and emptied the red tank. I personally don't find it funny at all.

beginning of this topic lamp confiscated , try asking clive reece out of countrymans weekly too contact plod on your behalf, pure sound bloke, bet it only takes 1 call, then go get lamp back,, last year they took 3 guns off us coming out of permission, rang clive for advice, within 2 weeks had them all back not even tested,, RESULT ATB T1

I do nothing but poach...its a every week thing now with old bill sometimes 3 cars after us... & farmers on trykes etc :laugh: never damaged any crops dont work dogs out of season never stole & never damage anything [bANNED TEXT] anybody starts screaming :hmm::victory:

What ever you do is your own business. I'm glad you find it funny, I'll look forward to your next thread "BEAN CORT BUY THE POLEASE"

BY THE WAY I RING THE PLOD EVERYTIME OUT NOW, BE IT DOGS OR GUNS, TAKES 2 MINS, VEH REG, WHO S GOING, WHERE , HOW LONG, ALWAYS SAY ILL RING WHEN FINISHED,,, BUT ONCE OUT FORGOT TOO RING THEM, SOUND ASLEEP IN BED 3 AM PHONE RANG PLOD, ASKING IF IM FINISHED,,,,, TELL YOU WHAT WIFE WASNT HAPPY :whistling:

BY THE WAY I RING THE PLOD EVERYTIME OUT NOW, BE IT DOGS OR GUNS, TAKES 2 MINS, VEH REG, WHO S GOING, WHERE , HOW LONG, ALWAYS SAY ILL RING WHEN FINISHED,,, BUT ONCE OUT FORGOT TOO RING THEM, SOUND ASLEEP IN BED 3 AM PHONE RANG PLOD, ASKING IF IM FINISHED,,,,, TELL YOU WHAT WIFE WASNT HAPPY :whistling:

Jesus...........dont tell me there checking up on a shag nowadays....!!.. :laugh:

They have to have proof of you doing something illegal before they can confiscate anything go down tommorow and kick up a fuss.You were not breaking the law so he had no right legal or otherwise to remove your lamp from you

he will get his lamp back all being well ..........all they will say is . we presumed he was equiped to poach,! untill proven otherwise .

Hi mate, you should have asked for a reciept for your lamp and told him you would call at the station in the morning to collect it, I think I would be calling in anyway to ask what has happened to your lamp and ask for an explanation as to why it was taken from you when you were on land that you had permition to be on,and take along your written permition,also may be worth asking what evidence they had to accuse you of being on other land with your lamp,I would not just let it go.

i would not let it go bud get them sorted they will be on your case else they cant prove nothing if you have written permission you will get

you will get it back but like NH says ask for a receipt in future. :thumbs:

never phone the police when im out cant see the piont unless i had visitors and running a hunting comp ;less you see of them the better at times only met a few decent ones in 25 plus years of tramping the country side at all hours ,if you go about it sensible you hardly see them