Bloody Mrk3

I've had a pretty shitty afternoon so far, had a nightmare trying to rig something for the dogs leg so i could get an hour or so out with the ferrets without him chewing the scab off himself.

And then . . . . decided to change the bats in the locators and collars and have a sort out of my kit.

Tested the collars and they both seem f****d. Both work, but if i put it 6 foot away it tells me it's 10/12 foot away and if i stick it 10/12 foot away it goes off the box. Also depth is f****d, it can do up to about 6 foot max, and again thinks it's deeper than it is.

Same for both collars and tried two boxes.

Really, really fucks me off, as they are expensive bits of kit, and just like Lightforce with lamps, Deben have cornored the market and as a result seem to be able to get away with knocking out sub standard kit.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Possible water damage????

f**k.

I have NOTHING to do today without going ferreting, i might as well go back to bed.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ha. How many times have I seen us older chaps who prefer the grey box slagged off for not moving with the times and not appreciating and embracing new technology?.   Even Deben realised that they w

Quite right. The collar is at its most accurate with the inside of the collar facing the sky. In other words just the position it would be in when hanging under the ferrets neck . The trouble i

had the same with one of my collars mate a few month back sent it back to deben to be told it was transmitting to fast it was replaced under warrenty which dosent help you i know.

read somewhere that when the batteries are replaced they sometimes need to be set to each other again i will try to dig this info out for you ill post back asap.

I've had a pretty shitty afternoon so far, had a nightmare trying to rig something for the dogs leg so i could get an hour or so out with the ferrets without him chewing the scab off himself.

And then . . . . decided to change the bats in the locators and collars and have a sort out of my kit.

Tested the collars and they both seem f****d. Both work, but if i put it 6 foot away it tells me it's 10/12 foot away and if i stick it 10/12 foot away it goes off the box. Also depth is f****d, it can do up to about 6 foot max, and again thinks it's deeper than it is.

Same for both collars and tried two boxes.

Really, really fucks me off, as they are expensive bits of kit, and just like Lightforce with lamps, Deben have cornored the market and as a result seem to be able to get away with knocking out sub standard kit.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Possible water damage????

f**k.

I have NOTHING to do today without going ferreting, i might as well go back to bed.

sounds like batteries but try cleaning the contacts and inside the coller cap as it needs to be a good shiny contact steve

Cheers for the replies guys!

The weird thing is that i have two boxes here and two collars, and i get the same incorrect reading from box boxes, using either collar.

Do you think getting damp (boxes) could cause this?

Never had the problem before and i have used them on an almost daily basis over the last couple of seasons, in rain, mud, snow and shit.

I have put new batteries in both collars and recievers. . . . . and the contacts are nice and shiny.

One other thing - i did notice a little while ago that one of the collars was running down batteries put in it, within a couple of days, even when off?

To be honest it's doing my f*****g head in. . . . . because you just f*****g KNOW that tomorow we will end up with digs we cannot make.

On the plus side i went to three places on the way back from town to ask for permission, got 2 yes's and one "i don't see any problems but you will need to come back and ask my brother".

So not a TOTALLY wasted day.

My Mk3 doesnt sound as bad as yours but when it says something is 2 foot away its about 6 inches, and i dont think it oicks up anything past 10 foot, so i agree they are shoddy and for the money should be spot on with accuracy. I bought mine second hand so cant get anything done under warrenty. It would be good if they could be re callibrated at home or somthing,

Thank god Mick Dadd has sorted our old mk 1 boxes out, should have another ten years out of the five boxes at least. Was not looking forward to getting a mk3, at least for a good while i wont have to now. Whats wrong with simple. :huh:

Tight wad :laugh: :laugh: get with the times Big B :tongue2:

heloo mate been trying to find theinfo i said about but cant find it about what i have come across though is a similar problem to yours when people where using the receiver to turn the collar on and off they where advised to use the magnet key ring which a few replied as a solution hope this helps

My Mk3 doesnt sound as bad as yours but when it says something is 2 foot away its about 6 inches, and i dont think it oicks up anything past 10 foot, so i agree they are shoddy and for the money should be spot on with accuracy. I bought mine second hand so cant get anything done under warrenty. It would be good if they could be re callibrated at home or somthing,

That sounds pretty much like mine mate. Max range probably ten foot, and if you are a foot away it says 4 or something like that. I just find it strange that both collars and both boxes i have tried have gone weird at the same time.

I think they can be re-calibrated at home, i just have no idea how :-(

I have never trusted the depth, always says it is deeper than it is.

Fuvking things.

heloo mate been trying to find theinfo i said about but cant find it about what i have come across though is a similar problem to yours when people where using the receiver to turn the collar on and off they where advised to use the magnet key ring which a few replied as a solution hope this helps

Alright mate. . . . . only problem is that the wee magnet key fob things have gone walk about in the last couple of years. They are just too small to not get lost haha.

Any idea why using the key fob would make it work? And would using a key fob (if i could find one), make the seemingly fecked boxes / collars suddenly work right? Or would they need re-calibrating and then use the key fob from then on?

Cheers for the help mate.