We had more damsons than ever before. More blackberries than I've ever seen: the local foxes must be sick of them by now: everywhere I go there is blackberry fox shit! And this despite virtual drought round our way for a lot of the summer. Patches of rain then nothing for weeks. Veg garden's doing pretty well thanks to loads of cow muck from a friend's farm. And even my aubergine plants, grown for the first time this year, which produced and then got neglected, have decided to flower and fruit again: at this time of year! Shows how warm it is round here.

Had a strange year around here or all things fruit.

Blackberries have been patchy with some areas laden with them, others are just bare.

Sloes seem to be abundant everywhere which isn't such a bad thing :whistling:

The only orchard we have on the shoot has been decimated by a cow invasion so no apples or pears this year.

Looks like just the sloe gin for me this year.

• 2 weeks later...

All the heavy rain here meant every single cherry on my tree was split!

Apple started well with loads of baby apples on it, considering it was the trees first proper year, then the heavy rain and gales removed all but about 8, but they were delicious :D

Had very good flowering in the garden in general with the warm weather + plenty rain.