Disturbing discovery

Hi guys

Come home from work at 2 this afternoon and decided to go feed the fouls and ducks,I arrived at the gate to see the ducks missing and the birds huddled up,on further investigation behind the greenhouses I discovered this

df0603a4.jpg

4a598547.jpg

Both mr and mrs were dead but if u look at the photo the black duck is no where near the fence and had no marks or blood,the feather loss is from the hens pecking it after death, the drake is pulled part way through the fencing minus it's head,

75fd6194.jpg

Where do u think the ducks were taken from inside or out? I'm sure the drake didn't go to say hi to the killer and stuck his head through to give it a kiss, no fouls have been touched,I've found a run along the fence which I've set two fox

snares,what do you lot think,is it worth sitting in one of the sheds with some 50g no4s , Basically is it likely to return tonight seeing as it only took the head?

I'm used to lamping fox but shooting is not an option for the 233 it's not a safe shot and the grass is too long,well mad hatched

them myself,kids will be upset,I'm used to dealing with farmers poultry raiders not my own this has become personal ha ha

Atb .223

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've maybe jumpin to conclusions but wat else could it be? Maybe a dog could have done it but I've never seen one knockin about,,I've shot fox in fields close by but this is the first time In fifteen years something has had a go at the birds.something doesn't add up,the black duck dead but no external damage.yet tried to pull the other through,cheers

Doubt it mate i don't know much about them but I've never seen or heard of a sighting of mink in my neck of the woods for twenty years,same as I've not once seen a badger,there is thirty odd hens in the pen, they must have been inside but the ducks sleep under a lean to I imagine it was a night time or early morning attack Because of no chicken casualties,o

Cheers lads ,seeing as I first thought fox,I've got that covered with the wires and shooting/lamping etc well I hope so,what is the best action to deal with stoats or weasel,poss stray ferret? I have fenn traps snare making equipment etc if needed.I've never had to deal with them before,I'm a bit green on that matter so I must keep asking your help is appreciated