A bit of everything

Guest MOLLY

Been out with Lord Woodga on his small bit of permission :D

This is about a 16th of it :blink::laugh: ...

Two terriers, two ferrets, two old farts and a lurcher. There was never a dull moment nor any long waits. The day has to go to the 2 terriers Lucy and her son Blaze...they never stop, either bushing for Khan, catching themselves, marking sets for the ferret or dry stone walls (Lucy's passion)

Even the dog most dim clicked after about 5hrs :laugh:

Its amazing the extent some people will go to to get 1 rabbit....try demolishing a dry stone wall then rebuilding it :yes: :whistle:

Plenty of marking and ferrets went to work

Great post and pics ,well done!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the terriers allways have the advantage as they are the ones hunting the cover and make first contact a good percentage are pegged in their seats before the lurcher can get a run but the ones that did give the dog a chance at he ran them well just looking over the pics once more makes me want to do it all again :laugh: next time without that bitter wind you never know i might even find my cap :icon_redface::yes:;)

Guest MOLLY
When i have been out on similar terrain my terriers have always caught more than the lurchers - from walls, collapsed old buildings under the rubble and out of the rough. What got the most for you 2 then? Terriers or lurchers??

The terriers caught the most by far, in the thick grass and reeds :yes: Khan is never in the right place at the right time, not called numpty nuts for nothing :D

They never once false marked, and sent bunnies running everywhere when bushing. If the day had been brighter i would have had better pics and more of the terriers, when its dark any action shots become blurred and small terriers, especially in long grass blur much easier....i took 206 photos :icon_eek::laugh: only a quarter were any good, and even some of these are blurry.

I forgot to mention Woodgas shallowest ever dig....ill let him explain it better :D

MOLL.

Guest MOLLY
you never know i might even find my cap :icon_redface::yes:;)

You had definately lost it before the last wall were we thought you had lost it (8th pic)....in the pics you did'nt have it on. I think it must have been when you beat the long grass 2 rabbits had run into (46th pic) just prior to the wall :yes:

I cant wait to go again either, and have Millets bigger lens for better shots :good:

You wanna see my lip this morning :cry: i look like an abused wife :laugh:

MOLL.

well imagine a 10 holer on a slight bank side holes spead out over say 5 yrds from the top of the bank to the bottom and a good few boulders growing out the bank sides i knew from previous visits this set allways held rabbits :) as it is sheltered from the westerly winds as we approached i had told molly the deepest dig i had done on this set was 7 ins :yes::) any way the terriers were there first and were snorting at a boulder and i said to molly theres a rabbit under that stone before any nets were put on i moved the stone and the rabbit was there in a stop end at a huge depth :o:laugh: of 4 ins beating my record :laugh: i with drew the rabbit entered the ferrets after netting the set and we one more from the set if only they were all like that :yes:

Guest MOLLY
Brilliant piccies Molly , well done both & dogs & ferrets great read, i only hope i get 1 rabbit when i go out in a wee while , cant wait :D

Thats also normally my day or night FL :rolleyes:

MOLL.