New section for genuine members, just an idea

Unfortuntely the lunatics have taken over the asylum, from the outside looking in we must all look like totally retarded fuckwits, we are trying to sort this with the help of members using the report button but its a slow ardious fight, im not sure if this idea would help, or mean you have nobody with any sense posting on the rest of the board, You could end up with one good section and a pile of numpty shit which im sure would be detrimental to the forum, also i feel for genuine new members joining, i dont think segregation would help.............

you're right there and we can all agree the potential damage is imense.Personally I feel actively culling the crap is the only way forward.So more 'big red delete button' from mods and new member posts vetted in some way for a period before being promoted to 'full member'.Only the arseoles should be afraid of such a move,

says the person with 5 posts ...who joined yesterday :whistling:

You're right and thats my point,if I start acting like a knob have a quiet word then show me the door.

Yes i am a brand new member but have been visiting for a while now and found the forum both entertaining and educational.Maybe I should serve some sort of probational period before posting but I hope that at my age I am able to behave myself in the manner expected

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i blame face book,since it was linked,we have had nothing but ridiculous posts

Reading through some of the topics on here, especially in the lurcher section, sometimes makes my brain hurt. Is there any chance of a section for, shall we say, more established members? Somewhere ad

there already is,,, obviousley, you wernt asked to join

having a seperate section for proven geniune members would definitely be detrimental for the rest of the forum, without naming them there are at least a couple of other forums that have a similar set up and the rest of the forum is just painfully slow! I put a genuine question on one and then logged back on about three days later and hadn't had a single reply, but there were hardly any newer topics in the main section either! I put a sarcy comment on and within a day there were about 5 good answers. Everyone would just stick to the seperate section which would no doubt be a very good section, but the rest might aswell just get deleted!

A better way forward (IMO) would be to have a system where people can dislike a person, and if that person gets X number of dislikes then they're booted off. Obviously there's a report button but that's only really used if someone is a absolute tosser or an obvious anti. There are certain people on here who are blatant dog peddlers and yet they're still on here! These people can and do argue that they're not peddlers and that they're selling for a mate etc. etc. but it's a load of sh'te! People that get accussed of being peddlers usually are, in 99% of cases. You don't see the normal people getting accussed of it on here, why, because they're not swapping their dogs every 5 f'cking minutes, that's why!

And all the business about the mods waiting for people to report them is bollox in my opinion. The mods are sensible people (and Simo :D ) so if they see someone who's a peddler, or talks absolute shite just delete them FFS, why wait???? I know Simo has done it with quite a few, but it's usually just new people that come on and start being a cock straight away, needs to be done a bit more often and needs to include dicks that have been on here a bit too long already if you ask me!

F'ck me I need some sleep!!! :laugh:

Every thread has the star rating system at the top of the post, if we all used it properly we could help each other sift through the stupid threads. Maybe the rating system can be improved upon so it can be seen how many people liked a certain thread? If we were able to dislike a certain person enough to give them the boot their wouldn't be anyone left :laugh:

Reading through some of the topics on here, especially in the lurcher section, sometimes makes my brain hurt. Is there any chance of a section for, shall we say, more established members? Somewhere admin has to ok you or someone sensible vouch for you before you can post? It would save having to trawl through pages of inane questions or other old crap to get to the decent posts?

we already have one mate, weren't you invited? :huh:

Reading through some of the topics on here, especially in the lurcher section, sometimes makes my brain hurt. Is there any chance of a section for, shall we say, more established members? Somewhere admin has to ok you or someone sensible vouch for you before you can post? It would save having to trawl through pages of inane questions or other old crap to get to the decent posts?

some else beat you to that post lol

story of my life mate. :laugh:

and get rid of the sodding facebook link! what's next? twitter or twatter or whatever the hell it's called.....you might aswell just link it a retards forum and make veedublee the chief moderator, at least that would be funny! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:yes: :yes: :laugh:

story of my life mate. :laugh:

lol

and get rid of the sodding facebook link! what's next? twitter or twatter or whatever the hell it's called.....you might aswell just link it a retards forum and make veedublee the chief moderator, at least that would be funny! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Think your right there mate, I'm not on facebook, twitter or anything like it.

I'm on The Hunting Life and The World Sea Fishing Forum, because I enjoy hunting and fishing, so like to read, learn and sometimes get involved in discussions about them.

I don't give a shit what some bloke from school had for his dinner so don't do facebook, I don't understand why it's linked.