Regulated Scorpian SE by John Bowkett.

Aye up.

Having got hold of my BSA Scorpian SE, like most other people who have them, I was very impressed with the performance straight from the box.

But started giving thought to getting rid of the rifles power curve.

I rang and spoke to John Bowkett, and asked his oppinion on fitting a regulator to the rifle.

After a lot of interesting chat, John said he would be interested in the project, and I sent my SE up to him for surgery.

The Mini Regulator was born, John made it from scratch, and had to machine one that would fit inside of the limmited space availiable for the regulator,inside the cylender.

John has managed to fit the regulator, so that the guage on the rifle reads the internal cylender pressure still, and not the reg pressure, so no need for another guage.

The Mini Regulator has been set so that it falls away VERY quickly after 2/3 shots at the end of the charge, and does not taper off like a wet fart.

The interesting thing is, that with the Mini regulator fitted, the internal volume of the cylender is not much more than the standard Ultra, and delivers 85 regulated shots, from a 230 bar fill, all at +/- 4 FPS.

John is confident that at the full charge of 250bar, 110 shots could be achieved, but personaly, Im very happy with the 85.

The SE has also been Blueprinted, and the acton has been short stroked dramticly, a much weaker hammer spring has been used.

Im hoping to get her back early part of next week.

Anyone interested in the Mini Regulator and Blurprint for their BSA Scorpian SE can get the details from Johns Facebook Page.

Roll on next week :thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

sounds good Bill

I hope it's all you expect when you get it back

Darryl

Hi Darryl.

Thanks mate, Im sure it will be on the money if our man JB has had his surgical hands on it.

He's a bloody genious and so full of enthusiasm to this day, after a long and distinguished career.

Nothing is ever too much trouble for the guy.

ATB.

Bill.

Bloomin heck mate, nice going indeed, you cant beat breaking new ground on the development front, well done on giving your gun up for Bowkett to play with . :clapper:

Hi Mark.

Not half as much trouble as giving blood either :laugh:

Be good to compare the results with my mates standard SE, we are both looking forward to doing that.

Boys and their toys a ?? :laugh:

ATB.

Bill.

Sounds super Bill,

Im very interested to see how the new custon action runs compared to before.

Can i ask what you paid for the lot please?

If it turns out really good i may be also getting mine done.

Si

Sounds super Bill,

Im very interested to see how the new custon action runs compared to before.

Can i ask what you paid for the lot please?

If it turns out really good i may be also getting mine done.

Si

Hi Si.

Yes, looking forward to the shoot off with my mates SE.

I will post up the results....if they are good......if not.....you may never see me here again :laugh::tongue2:

As far as costs go Si, go to JBs Facebook page :thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

sounds like you've a serious bit of kit in there now bill, along with a very fine collection of quality airguns mate :shok:

looking forwards to hearing how you get on with it mate

all the best, wurz

Aye up Wurz.

Yes mate, looking forward to some range time with her, see how compares.

Will post up the results mate :thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

sounds like you've a serious bit of kit in there now bill, along with a very fine collection of quality airguns mate :shok:

looking forwards to hearing how you get on with it mate

all the best, wurz

Aye up Wurz.

Yes mate, looking forward to some range time with her, see how compares.

Will post up the results mate :thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

Looking forward to this Bill

ATB

Too late Mary already knows :cry:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ......OH dear Mike........wallet out then mate ??

No it will be hers done first me thinks! Can't complain though, the springer she just bought herself is only right handed so I have got it, a TX200... That means the gas ram will be sold...

So now it is improving the excellent SE, so how much did he charge you? No info on his facebook page yet...

Edited by secretagentmole