help with biting

hi all got three ferrets now one jill two hob and one of the hobs bite and is aggressive when he bites and so is the jill bites and man the little bitch would not let go 10 weeks old and it latched onto me started to shake its head and it went until i squeezed her tail she let go but that did f*****g hurt to be fair and now to be honest i don't really want to pick any of them up now ive tried that bitter apple stuff one word for that shit any help appreciated

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Come on mate, you said the biter is only 10weeks, its only young. The only thing to do is man up a wee bit and handle the ferrets as much as possible. If your afraid of them put down a bowl of milk

clench your hand into a fist and put it into the hutch if she trys to bite let her bite your knuckle push it into her mouth not to the extent you hurt her but to the extent its uncomfortable they will

the lads only asking for advice on handling young kits. not 1/2 grown lion cubs.[welding gloves etc] ffs.

keep handling them [bANNED TEXT], i have 2 young ones just now and an older hob and have never been bitten yet, mind the dog got nipped the other week, hanging from the dogs nose the old hob was lol, handle them every day they will calm down in the end. i think it is all about trust with them, no doubt someone on here will tell you otherwise bud. ;)

Come on mate, you said the biter is only 10weeks, its only young.

The only thing to do is man up a wee bit and handle the ferrets as much as possible.

If your afraid of them put down a bowl of milk for them and when they are drinking, quietly lift them up and let them smell your hands. All the time stroking them.

Dont put gloves or scents on your hands, the whole point of it is to get them used to your hands.

Pernod

• Like 1

not being funny i dont really want to handle them again im not makeing a mountain out of a mole hill but she f**king latched on good and proper mate might just wear gloves

mines are 6 months old now and they just play nip, handling is the only cure, if you dont they will just bite all the more, put some kitten milk in the palm of your hand and let them drink it from there,

Come on mate, you said the biter is only 10weeks, its only young.

The only thing to do is man up a wee bit and handle the ferrets as much as possible.

If your afraid of them put down a bowl of milk for them and when they are drinking, quietly lift them up and let them smell your hands. All the time stroking them.

Dont put gloves or scents on your hands, the whole point of it is to get them used to your hands.

Pernod

as pernod pointed out shes only 10week old still has her baby teeth, she'll have them for another couple of weeks, lose them and her adult teeth will be coming through. Adult teeth are no more of a problem than the baby teeth at present ITS when she is older and her jaw muscle will develop that biting will be a problem

So suggest you spend as much time as you can over the next couple of weeks to handle her/them to get them used to you handling them and build your confidence up :thumbs:

Good Luck

Y.I.S Leeview

I'm not being funny pernod 10 week or not the Jill was so aggressive when biting can't really see you wanting to pick something up that was that aggressive. I don't think I need to man up at all it's just instinct not wanting to hold something that just bit you!!! the hob was not to bad when he bit me I could handle that as he was not that aggressive.