driving the feilds

The numbers, kill crazy drivers aren't real hunters, and I doubt they even care if they destroy anything in their path, nor do they care if they wipe out a population of animals in an area: bring back national service I say: get them doing something useful and away from the countryside.Might even teach them something about life and death if they see a few of their own splattered on the ground in some foreign country. Might teach them a bit more respect for everything: any fool can run down an animal in a vehicle, and so what if there's like minded muppets across the pond in the US. Just because the Yanks do it, does that mean they have to do the same? F*cking sheep these people: can't think for themselves, probably scared of the dark if truth be told and wouldn't dare venture out at night on foot in a field.

i think thats a mis informed opinion because some of the people i know do it are some of the best hunters ive ever met whohave a great knowledge of natural history and science.the simple factof the matter is that driving allows you tocover a much wider amount of ground and to follow the couse where walking wouldnt allow.

correct :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was drivin the fields in the early 90,s when hardly anyone else was at it..we never crashed a hedge..snapped a lock..or robbed anything...if we couldnt get in the game was left for another day. Actual

It's just like EVERYTHING else, it's not black and white, there is a good way and a bad way of doing the same thing. Some folk are just wankers and whatever they do they manage to act like a fecking k

The numbers, kill crazy drivers aren't real hunters, and I doubt they even care if they destroy anything in their path, nor do they care if they wipe out a population of animals in an area: bring back

As has already been said there's a big difference between people who drive to cover a lot of ground, do is sensibly, respect for environment, with permission etc etc, and those who just want to go out and kill something: anything which crosses their path, with no thought as to the impact they are having on the land, farmer's livestock and the reputation of genuine hunters. Besides which, genuine hunters don't leave carcases lying around in the fields even in pest control: doesn't take much effort to shove a dead fox out of sight: leaving dead things lying about just adds fuel to the townies and antis who see all hunters as blood crazed killers.

People who are ignorant of the need to cull wild animals of whatever sort: vermin or otherwise, have had their heads so filled with anti hunt propaganda, and the Walt Disney, fluffy bunny countryside theme park they promote on such programmes as Country Tracks et al, that they can't differentiate between what is necessary killing and death spree junkies.

To say its cause the dogs cant do it without a mtor is laughable. A place whats hot as feck is much better to drive the sports fecked any way so who cares, the people who drive fields kill a lot more than the walkers fact. Cover much more ground and the dogs stil av to do the work. Q

if its hot as f**k id leave the motor miles away, driving around with your name and adress basically on the front and back of you, at least on foot you can run and hide and you aint traceable from sight they have to actually catch you.

Nothing wrong with driving the fields - with permission - at the right time of year, stubble etc.

You do get more stuff in front of the dogs and get to keep the quarry in the beam a lot easier and thus see more action and get bigger bags.

The main problem is the people who do drive fields without permission, through gates and crops etc are the ones who draw attention to everyone else and are the sort of people who are more than likely wankers in the other aspects of their lives.

Cheers, D.

It's the fookin' knob heads in every branch of fieldsports that gets everybody tarred with the same brush. :wallbash:

when on my permishion always no when the lads have been on with the motors , i have even followed the tracks seen where they have nacked the deer , and even found the deer . a couple of time the deer most of been killed only a good few hours ago , thanks very much lads ill have that, but if i can see the tracks and find gaer who else can , yes maybe the case is you can get up qiuck onto gear and have more kills , i have heard cases where they even throw the dogs out of motor when in chase , this was at a show recently , and what a punch of divs they looked showing off the scares on the dogs , this is the shit we dont need , arse holes .

The numbers, kill crazy drivers aren't real hunters, and I doubt they even care if they destroy anything in their path, nor do they care if they wipe out a population of animals in an area: bring back national service I say: get them doing something useful and away from the countryside.Might even teach them something about life and death if they see a few of their own splattered on the ground in some foreign country. Might teach them a bit more respect for everything: any fool can run down an animal in a vehicle, and so what if there's like minded muppets across the pond in the US. Just because the Yanks do it, does that mean they have to do the same? F*cking sheep these people: can't think for themselves, probably scared of the dark if truth be told and wouldn't dare venture out at night on foot in a field.

i think thats a mis informed opinion because some of the people i know do it are some of the best hunters ive ever met whohave a great knowledge of natural history and science.the simple factof the matter is that driving allows you tocover a much wider amount of ground and to follow the couse where walking wouldnt allow.

Your about 15 years old ya pleb.

What you and your friends know about dogs could be written on the back of your hand. :laugh:

FTB

• Like 1

The size of the fields where I live, by the time you open the gate get back in its time to get back out and open the f****n gate again :yes: ,

I have never done it "from a motor", and I dont think I ever would, it just doesn't appeal to me, nor is the ground i use conducive to it. When I get home after a nights lamping, I like the dog to be tired and my back to be soaking wet from my exersion ( not the heater control stuck on).

Wheres the field craft in doing it out of a motor?, wheres the exitement of trying to outwit smackums as he's trying to get downwind of you?.

I'm not sitting here tut tutting those that do, but to me, its not a numbers game to be bragged about to all and sundry, it's an art, of a man and his best mate, working as a team to try and outwit those that live out there, i'd rather come home with just a couple accounted for, a tired dog and a wet back than half a tank down on juice. Just my opinion, for what its worth.

B

• Like 2

As i said earlir in the post..i used to drive the land a helluva lot and kill my fair share ...am i a brainless moron who gets his jollies killin stuff? am i fcukery..my fieldcraft and knowledge is as good as most on here...everything ive ever done has been done wth the minimum fuss and suffering to any creature or land..think some need to get off their high horse and stop believing all they hear or see in the press/media. Imo until you,ve experienced something then what qualifies you judge eh? atb stabba

What you and your friends know about dogs could be written on the back of your hand. :laugh:

FTB

now me and dances dont always see eye to eye but thats not strictly true , do you think he just fell into the dogs or has it crossed your mind he may have been shown the way by experienced people ? im only guessing like and you maybe right but ive got a feeling you are wrong

FTB

now me and dances dont always see eye to eye but thats not strictly true , do you think he just fell into the dogs or has it crossed your mind he may have been shown the way by experienced people ? im only guessing like and you maybe right but ive got a feeling you are wrong

From his posts on here I would say he has done very very little.

If you think otherwise you are easily impressed.

FTB

• Like 1

FTB

From his posts on here I would say he has done very very little.

If you think otherwise you are easily impressed.

FTB

i didnt say i was impressed did i ? im just saying maybe you could be wrong but then most the time i am lol