Breaking stick's

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This new kind of fashion has got me laughing my head off..anyway what kind of wood do you youngster's use to get your dog's off..if pit fighting was still allowed i would go for a good hickory tapered

This was a good thread, l'm all for less of the name calling and more of a constructive debate.  

I quite fancy this new way of hunting. No more training your dog basic commands from an early age while taking the time to develop the working master/dog relationship up to the point where the dog wil

Posted Images

I think you got the wrong bullxs if you don't need one

well im very thankfull of that.

Listen fella ye dont run the same type of quarry as some and ye dont keep the same type of dogs, i find it hard to understand how ye can make some of your comments when ye are supposed to be a sensible type well on here anyway, theres alot on here talk the talk but dont walk the walk

At the end of today or tomorrow.... if you need a breaking stick you are doing something drastically wrong. ;)

Listen fella ye aint done enough to make a comment like that ive said it once ill say it again just because ye drop 5 or 6 types of a certain quarry a year dont jump on the thl hero bandwagon ye have made yourself look a complete tool with some of ye comments any bloke with half a brain can see ye are a liar and dont know what ye are on about and what ye are exactly,why dont ye stick to falconry

• Like 1

Listen fella ye dont run the same type of quarry as some and ye dont keep the same type of dogs, i find it hard to understand how ye can make some of your comments when ye are supposed to be a sensible type well on here anyway, theres alot on here talk the talk but dont walk the walk

lol fair doos ,and if im honest i was just messing and keeping it going to a point.your right i dont keep the same dogs as some of you guys.in fact this is the first time i have owned a lurcher with any bull in its make up.as for not running the same quarry,well in the past i have taken deer,fox and have never had to wrestle quarry of the dog.i honeslty would find that a pain in the arse.also on the ground i used to go to.i would think a dog like that would be a liability to me.anyway ill say no more on the subject,its pretty obvious that you need these break sticks for the type of dogs you lads keep.lets just say its not something i would consider keeping.and if it wasnt banned,i have no doubts that my current dog would take the quarry you are getting at mate,and i would still have no need for a break stick.

lol fair doos ,and if im honest i was just messing and keeping it going to a point.your right i dont keep the same dogs as some of you guys.in fact this is the first time i have owned a lurcher with any bull in its make up.as for not running the same quarry,well in the past i have taken deer,fox and have never had to wrestle quarry of the dog.i honeslty would find that a pain in the arse.also on the ground i used to go to.i would think a dog like that would be a liability to me.anyway ill say no more on the subject,its pretty obvious that you need these break sticks for the type of dogs you lads keep.lets just say its not something i would consider keeping.and if it wasnt banned,i have no doubts that my current dog would take the quarry you are getting at mate,and i would still have no need for a break stick.

A fair sensible reply each to there own everybody has different ways of doing things,just because folk carry breaksticks doesnt mean they always use them different situations interpret when they are used etc as do different dogs,its easy to see what folks are doing on here by there comments the theres no need for a breakstick followers are obviously potluck lampers will run anything they see mostly taking small edible game with the odd big quarry,the lads that carry breaksticks are the lads that go for a specific quarry and will walk over some quarry to get to stuff and there into numbers and getting them :laugh:

sounds like your talking about yourself there feller lol :laugh: :laugh:

sounds like your talking about yourself there feller lol :laugh: :laugh:

Shut it ye :laugh: :laugh:

a freind of mines had bull crooses bred [bANNED TEXT] i dont think he needed a break stick for fox hares ,a dog i need to brake it of well i wouldnt like to see state of qaurry ,a wonder if the old scottish lairds or the men i know from texas have to break there big stags of a yote ,thats run half a mile , i dont think so or , when they are on a feral pig etc ,this sounds like a bit lack of trainig and entering at times . i would soon have amental bull cross on its knees running the ass of it til it thought this is no big game cachting qaurry , all depend show you enter then and if they are on there own

Lack of training? Maybe. Maybe we do things differently then you. Look sir, the last thing you want a catch dog doing is letting go of a hog while you're trying to tie it, flip it, or otherwise hold it down. You don't want that dog letting go under any circumstances or you'll likely end up getting cut badly. Everybody I know uses break sticks for their catch dogs. Men that have been in this game their whole lives and are far older than me use break sticks. I learn from from the. Guess we aren't proper dog men. But we do catch hogs.

• Like 1

This has been a piss take from Millets first post..cant believe you all got sucked in :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I dont belive ye i think he was serious and hes just saying it was a piss take now to save face the guys a pratt :tongue2:

• Like 1

a freind of mines had bull crooses bred [bANNED TEXT] i dont think he needed a break stick for fox hares ,a dog i need to brake it of well i wouldnt like to see state of qaurry ,a wonder if the old scottish lairds or the men i know from texas have to break there big stags of a yote ,thats run half a mile , i dont think so or , when they are on a feral pig etc ,this sounds like a bit lack of trainig and entering at times . i would soon have amental bull cross on its knees running the ass of it til it thought this is no big game cachting qaurry , all depend show you enter then and if they are on there own

Lack of training? Maybe. Maybe we do things differently then you. Look sir, the last thing you want a catch dog doing is letting go of a hog while you're trying to tie it, flip it, or otherwise hold it down. You don't want that dog letting go under any circumstances or you'll likely end up getting cut badly. Everybody I know uses break sticks for their catch dogs. Men that have been in this game their whole lives and are far older than me use break sticks. I learn from from the. Guess we aren't proper dog men. But we do catch hogs.

I wouldnt pay attention fella it will be just whin talking bollox the guy only runs rabbit hare dogs with the odd large quarry but he always knows somebody whos done more and better than anybody else and he has lamped and hunted dogs from the south pole right through to the north pole the guys a legend in his own underpants :laugh: :laugh:

I do get in and help, that's why I use a breakstick. Get the dog off and kill the quarry so there's no unneccesary punishment either way

so you get the dog off first with your stick then sort the quarry out,you see i couldent do that,as soon as i got my dog off, quarry would be up and off ,and if it didnt i could not keep hold of the dog with one hand and kill some thing large with the other hand,how do u manage to do it,

I do get in and help, that's why I use a breakstick. Get the dog off and kill the quarry so there's no unneccesary punishment either way

so you get the dog off first with your stick then sort the quarry out,you see i couldent do that,as soon as i got my dog off, quarry would be up and off ,and if it didnt i could not keep hold of the dog with one hand and kill some thing large with the other hand,how do u manage to do it,

lancer im still waiting your reply to other thread terrier section pal

read back someone explained that.4 men lie on top of the quarry