Breaking stick's

Moll defending your boyfriend is very valiant.

I did think you to be a bit more open minded than he is though.

I can guarantee there are hundreds of other folk on here who think the need for a breaking stick with lurchers a bit far fetched Josy. And i have never been in a relationship with any of them....................that i can remember anyway :laugh:

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This new kind of fashion has got me laughing my head off..anyway what kind of wood do you youngster's use to get your dog's off..if pit fighting was still allowed i would go for a good hickory tapered

This was a good thread, l'm all for less of the name calling and more of a constructive debate.  

I quite fancy this new way of hunting. No more training your dog basic commands from an early age while taking the time to develop the working master/dog relationship up to the point where the dog wil

Posted Images

some people cant be assed with a mag box or night vision or the use of a medical or recovery kit in the motor,.but some people do,a stick is an important bit of kit,all i am saying is i never leave home with out one,no matter how well train the dog is,and we are talking about it because millet started a thread to mug those lads of that do use them.

You really need it explained :huh:

no moll i know the score,but if that dont work,then its the stick right.

You have to remember i am talking about it from my own personal point of view/experience Sam.

I am on my own here, if 2 dogs (even3) decided to lock onto one another a breaking stick is gonna be neither use nor ornament :thumbs:

dad used to use them when he was into it properly,and he says people who dont bother with them arnt out there doing anything bigger then hares and there bullxs must be rubbish,

dont boil the messanger iam only sayin what he says but he does know his stuff as before the ban came he was makin a living from working dogs..

I quite fancy this new way of hunting. No more training your dog basic commands from an early age while taking the time to develop the working master/dog relationship up to the point where the dog will actually do as you tell it. All you need to do is take it out of the kennel, put a lead on it, point it at what you want killed, then use s breaking stick to lever it's jaws off once it's finished..

Piece of piss... :doh: :doh: :doh:

• Like 2

also like a lot on here ive read the books,

can someone please tell me back in the early days when lads where breeding there big bull xs for legal day time deer how would you get a 90 pound bull x of a red stag out on your own and if you happen to tell me cause you seen it happen once,Would it not be more proffesional if you where doing it on a proffesional basis to use a breaking stick,

moll i presume your a female?

please tell me how you would of got the bull x of a red stag please,

I quite fancy this new way of hunting. No more training your dog basic commands from an early age while taking the time to develop the working master/dog relationship up to the point where the dog will actually do as you tell it. All you need to do is take it out of the kennel, put a lead on it, point it at what you want killed, then use s breaking stick to lever it's jaws off once it's finished..

Piece of piss... :doh: :doh: :doh:

Genius, that's where we have all been going wrong for years :laugh:

Edited by Sirius

dad used to use them when he was into it properly,and he says people who dont bother with them arnt out there doing anything bigger then hares and there bullxs must be rubbish,

dont boil the messanger iam only sayin what he says but he does know his stuff as before the ban came he was makin a living from working dogs..

tell your dad to stick throwing shoes at you

tell your dad to stick throwing shoes at you

FFS! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I can honestly say, that is the first time I've ever been asked that question :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Windy, i would not even try to run a red stag alone with a dog, a girl has to know her limitations :D

I can honestly say, that is the first time I've ever been asked that question :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Windy, i would not even try to run a red stag alone with a dog, a girl has to know her limitations :D

@ Windy:

Never having to carry a dead red stag but assuming they're very heavy, why the hell would anybody want go out by themselves with a dog and kill one, female or not? :hmm: