Cleanliness In Kennels

Just a quick post about how often you clean you kennels..ie runs and kennels ..also water bowl and feeding bowls.

I clean/disinfect the runs at least every morning whether they need it or not(battles black). I also clean the kennel /sleeping quarters once a week.

The food bowls get washed everyday(scalding water and fairy liquid. The water bowls are cleaned everyday also with fresh water added.

Would just like to know how often you,se do yours...atb stabba.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you lot are either lying or mental............ disinfecting kennels once a day (food and water bowls inc) with VERY strong smelling disinfectant. once a week or once a fortnight fair enough but daily

id have to ask the wife, what she does

Mibne are in the house but i do their bowls twice a day after theyve eaten and put them away fresh water always on their bowl stands and i am constantly cleaning the hall thankfulyl its tiled now so e

Posted Images

I do mine every day aswell mate, Mine are butted right up to the back door right under my bedroom window so they have too be cleaned everyday or the other half will go on ect so you can imagen how clean they are,

I just brush mine down with cheap (Sainburys own brand of pine disinfect and toilet cleaner) every day into the drain, Food bowls and water bowls go in the dishwasher couple of times a week, And bedding area well in this weather there only on old carpet so i just check there beds for old bones ect, And thats about it really and to be honest its the matter of few mintues before work in the morning,

Guest dances

I do it all daily. i use there water bucket to take the piss of the surface and get the concrete wet, i then put down whatever cleaning product im using on the floor and use the brush to mix it around before washing it up

Just changing topic slightly .just re felted my kennel and was wondering how to stop rain getting threw door last year I put heavy rubber gasget over door but dog just pulls it off what do you recommend thanks .I wash down each day bedding when needed depending on weather and food and water everyday . I don't eat of dirty plate nor should my dog

same as you stabba anything less to be honest just aint good enough--- winter time i only hose my down if i think it wont freeze ... i mix sawdust and sharpe sand with disenfectant scrape em out and brush over the mix ...got one dirty b*****d that runs in his in winter if its really bad weather he gets moved to a shed and is bedded down on shavings ..

clean the pups i got at moment twice a day and 3 if not busy and there out two times a day ,big dogs kennels pretty clean hose them daily beds every week ,pups are great fun but they can make amess lke mines get plenty freedom meat ,ilk and keeps the in good knick well forward

Mibne are in the house but i do their bowls twice a day after theyve eaten and put them away fresh water always on their bowl stands and i am constantly cleaning the hall thankfulyl its tiled now so easy enough to keep clean.When i had the pups here i had to clean the crate ever few hours till they got up a bit and started getting out and about.When i had kennels years ago i used to scrub it out daily and clean the beds etc and bowls dirty kennels can end with a dog being sick when it didnt have to be if kennels kept clean then its far better for the dog and the neighbours lol

• Like 1