Belgian Malinois

i see......... kind of thought that though had always read that staffies where not for a novice but ive had two now and although both could of done with more training both where very friendly well natured dogs my 11 month old dog now wouldnt bark at a cat never mind an intruder? but i pressume thats breed specific? im moving and the fishing gears not allowed in the new house, dont want my staff nicked from the yard etc.

are american bulldogs bred indiscriminately aswell?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well sod being a burgular in China Eh? awsome animals, i know a dog trainer that told me where a GSD will go round, a Mali will go through or over, such is their prey drive/determiation.

There are crappers bred all over the uk with certain lines being especially problematic, it's not really being highly strung as nervous bulldogs. Much of the original stock send over by US breeders h

Good thread , really interesting read for someone with no knowledge (ME) off these breeds and the work they do protection ect , ive heard all the "id kick it in the bollocks" before and thats bollock

Posted Images

yes but now the big moneys out of the breed some are breeding to better the stuff on the ground.

Only trouble with most ab males is they do like to fight other males....my boy nailed a dog at the last show he was at, split second thing and he only got one bite in but the guy from Waterford started screaming on FB about him being vicious, he is 8 yrs old a triple show champ and has a temp to die for but dog aggression is in the breed and this guy who is breeding in Eire doesn't realise it!! The breed suffers from the usual hype and there's more bullshit than bulldog about....

i see......... kind of thought that though had always read that staffies where not for a novice but ive had two now and although both could of done with more training both where very friendly well natured dogs my 11 month old dog now wouldnt bark at a cat never mind an intruder? but i pressume thats breed specific? im moving and the fishing gears not allowed in the new house, dont want my staff nicked from the yard etc.

theres loads of shit out there people just breeding to pay for crimbo or their weeks holiday.

i was speaking to one boarding kennel owner he wont take them in as soon their in the run they go on the guarding defensive and he can barely sort the bowls out.

newport in wales is known for producing highly strung bulldogs.

i was told if you give a gsd or a mal a good kick they would run a mile but if you did the same to a DS your in trouble

go watch a real gsd or mali in training, then tell me you can give it a good kick whilst its coming towards your head? it depends on the individual dogs but most serious gsd or mali's will get a good bite on you before you can respond!

theres loads of shit out there people just breeding to pay for crimbo or their weeks holiday.

i was speaking to one boarding kennel owner he wont take them in as soon their in the run they go on the guarding defensive and he can barely sort the bowls out.

There are crappers bred all over the uk with certain lines being especially problematic, it's not really being highly strung as nervous bulldogs. Much of the original stock send over by US breeders had sh*t temps and fear issues that they couldn't sell in the US...so they sent it here for loads of $$$$. These were bred to recoup investments and the cycle continued....

There are some good breeders out there who will tell you it warts and all, most though talk sh*t....

• Like 1

i was told if you give a gsd or a mal a good kick they would run a mile but if you did the same to a DS your in trouble

go watch a real gsd or mali in training, then tell me you can give it a good kick whilst its coming towards your head? it depends on the individual dogs but most serious gsd or mali's will get a good bite on you before you can respond!

i have seen them in real life situations disarming people with guns with intent an my father trained them for the army

There are crappers bred all over the uk with certain lines being especially problematic, it's not really being highly strung as nervous bulldogs. Much of the original stock send over by US breeders had sh*t temps and fear issues that they couldn't sell in the US...so they sent it here for loads of $$$$. These were bred to recoup investments and the cycle continued....

There are some good breeders out there who will tell you it warts and all, most though talk sh*t....

i get where your coming from but most wont pay a grand for a decent bred when they are probably within 50 mile of a litter sold for couple hundred.

Edited by forest of dean redneck

my mate trains and breed top bloodline mali"s and a i have to say they look awesome google galefords kennells and have a look

i have seen them in real life situations disarming people with guns with intent an my father trained them for the army

I have seen a few demos with them and tbh the particular dogs were pretty impressive, however, no one brings a crapper to display and ability/drive will vary in the breed. I still wouldn't fancy facing one...

That said I dont think a mali is a dog for a family household and i wouldn't like to see them in general circulation. Ithink they are overkill for guarding most normal family situations. If your situation is such that you need a mali you need to change your lifestyle or employ professional dog handlers...

i get where your coming from but most wont pay a grand for a decent bred when they are probably within 50 mile of a litter sold for couple hundred.

A good AB can be had for far less than a grand, i know of some people in the breed who will even place good dogs rather than sell but thats rare.

If you test your ab, hips/elbows, ncl, heart etc....then prove it either work (schz, wp) and/or show it sucessfully, the investment mounts up. To then charge a proportion back for a dog that should reach 10-12yrs then i dont think a grand is a lot for a dog of this sort.

Pay a couple of hundred for a non tested dog in this breed and be prepared to possibly spend ten times that at the vets?

Pick your poision but for me with dogs of this type I want my bases covered especially with regard to temprement.

I have given a female that i invested in, to the tune of £1300 to a mate of mine who had the stud because i didnt like her temperment yet my male cost me £250 back in the day, untested parents yet I knew the stock, his tests come good and he has beaten most dogs in the uk show ring??.......thats dogs for ya

I have seen a few demos with them and tbh the particular dogs were pretty impressive, however, no one brings a crapper to display and ability/drive will vary in the breed. I still wouldn't fancy facing one...

That said I dont think a mali is a dog for a family household and i wouldn't like to see them in general circulation. Ithink they are overkill for guarding most normal family situations. If your situation is such that you need a mali you need to change your lifestyle or employ professional dog handlers...

thats a fare comment i wouldnt fancy facing any one of them but if i needed one a dutch shepherd would be my choice

Good thread , really interesting read for someone with no knowledge (ME) off these breeds and the work they do protection ect , ive heard all the "id kick it in the bollocks" before and thats bollocks , once bitten by a police dog and believe me the last thing i was capable/prepared off doing was tryin to "ATTACK" the dog .

Edited by lanesra
  • Like 1

i was told if you give a gsd or a mal a good kick they would run a mile but if you did the same to a Dutch Shepherd your in trouble

Maybe you could give it a try and if you can still type afterwards you could let us know how you got on? lol...

I was once told about the tooth fairy....found out last week it was a load of shit :huh::cray:

A friend of mines dad competes and trains dogs for schutzhund. I have been along a couple of times to the training and its seriously impressive stuff. I really hope oneday I will be the position to take it up with a good gsd.

atb,

HJ

Good thread , really interesting read for someone with no knowledge (ME) off these breeds and the work they do protection ect , ive heard all the "id kick it in the bollocks" before and thats bollocks , once bitten by a police dog and believe me the last thing i was capable/prepared off doing was tryin to "ATTACK" the dog .

its funny you should say that it was a police dog handler who said it