It shouldn't happen to a lamper

4 young lads 15 year old off ferreting,,, so first warren nets down,ferret in, all done by hand signals, , real pros these lads , red all the plumer books, so stricktly no talking.

first hour passes, nothing , second hour, nothing, third hour, nothing... they start wispering,,, what are we going to do,,,,, so another hour of banging in holes, calling the ferret, rattling keys ect, nothing.

so they decide to bloke the ferret in , and come back later. so after a 2 mile slow walk home, the ferret starts scratching in the box,,,, sily feckers with all there hand signals,,, thought one of the others had entered the ferret

• Like 9

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been thinking over some of the weird and wonderful things I've witnessed over the years with the dogs. Some have been funny some have been weird and some have been tragic. Like driving for 100's of

4 young lads 15 year old off ferreting,,, so first warren nets down,ferret in, all done by hand signals, , real pros these lads , red all the plumer books, so stricktly no talking.   first hour pa

I remeber lamping one night and a little shetland stalion started bitting my beddy whippet and because she was steady with stock she just stood there crying when it bit her so I being a real brain box

4 young lads 15 year old off ferreting,,, so first warren nets down,ferret in, all done by hand signals, , real pros these lads , red all the plumer books, so stricktly no talking.

first hour passes, nothing , second hour, nothing, third hour, nothing... they start wispering,,, what are we going to do,,,,, so another hour of banging in holes, calling the ferret, rattling keys ect, nothing.

so they decide to bloke the ferret in , and come back later. so after a 2 mile slow walk home, the ferret starts scratching in the box,,,, sily feckers with all there hand signals,,, thought one of the others had entered the ferret

Lmao

Lol keep them coming guys i'm reminded of a funny situation when we were out. My mates bitch was in season and he decides to let one of the other guys dogs line her. The dog being inexperienced was having difficult finding the spot. So both of them decide to lend a hand. So the dog mounts and he's trying to guide it , the other guy is opposite from him holding his bitch steady. Anyway at the crucial point the dog slips out and shoots his duff all over his face. Nearly had a heart attack laughing.

Rememder it well Undi.Still makes me laugh when it comes to mind.I can still see him trying to spit it out.lol.Reading your post.You have to say wee fergie was a jinx.Net time you get covered in shit by a farmer.Dont turn up at my back door.lol.

was out lamping an a mate jumped a drystone wall, didnae relise it was 15 plus feet high on other side, boy did we laff, he had knees like melons lol

then i done exact same thing following week, same wall an an everything....

was knocked clean out by a bullx chasing a bunny on lamp, done my knee an was concussed for a few day lol...

lay in a puddle for 35 mins, watching the keeper/farmer check the fields for me, for it to turn out to be a mate out looking for me....

couple a times have went lamping to get injury on 1st run, thats worst thing for me.....

watched a guy jack on grabbing a pheasant, in middle of night, was an easy catch aswell, he shit it cos it moved lol

we always end up having a laff when we out, but most of it is unsuitable for a public forum............

The best topic on this site for a long time Dotty....sides are aching with the laughter... was out diggin with a couple of mates when farmer arrived and asked us to leave, so dug out dog, jumped ditch, and watched my mates struggle over the electric fence..oh how i laughed, thinking i had a better method i decided to crawl under the wire, whereby i was promptly wacked over the head( so i thought) and almost knocked out. what the f*ck, i tried to crawl forward again, wondering who or what had hit me, when it happend again. and again almost knocked me out. My mates where in hysterics, as the top of my head kept brushing the wire and I was getting shocked direct to the brain...funny now, but i was proper feelin sorry for myself at the time. Another time out on a midnight stroll, had bagged a roe, and was making my way home with it over my shoulders in the pitch dark when it came back to life and began to kick and fight me like a maniac, ended up rolling round in the dirt with it until the dog controlled him, how the wife laughed when i got in and told her why I was covered in mud an deer piss, was black n blue for days. :D Its what lifes all about. And just for the record I have cryed like a bairn over the loss of more than one dog and the antis say we dont care.

• Like 2

Farming mate came across some vehicles parked up one of his tracks. So he dropped off an old trailer loaded with Hesston bales blocking the only exit. He pushed another load into a ditch with a tele-porter and then charged them £25 each for getting them out.

Most of his gateways have old harrows laid upside down across them. They all take their toll of van and 4X4 tyres. He likes ramming spuds up exhaust systems as well.

Funniest event I know was when a keeper decided to fill a couple of vehicles up with the gralloch he had been saving for his midden. You just cant shift that smell regardless of how many times you valet the seats and carpets.

What constitutes funny just depends upon your point of view .

The best topic on this site for a long time Dotty....sides are aching with the laughter... was out diggin with a couple of mates when farmer arrived and asked us to leave, so dug out dog, jumped ditch, and watched my mates struggle over the electric fence..oh how i laughed, thinking i had a better method i decided to crawl under the wire, whereby i was promptly wacked over the head( so i thought) and almost knocked out. what the f*ck, i tried to crawl forward again, wondering who or what had hit me, when it happend again. and again almost knocked me out. My mates where in hysterics, as the top of my head kept brushing the wire and I was getting shocked direct to the brain...funny now, but i was proper feelin sorry for myself at the time. Another time out on a midnight stroll, had bagged a roe, and was making my way home with it over my shoulders in the pitch dark when it came back to life and began to kick and fight me like a maniac, ended up rolling round in the dirt with it until the dog controlled him, how the wife laughed when i got in and told her why I was covered in mud an deer piss, was black n blue for days. :D Its what lifes all about. And just for the record I have cryed like a bairn over the loss of more than one dog and the antis say we dont care.

Reminds me of a similar story a guy knocked down a deer and as no one was around threw it in the back of his van. Deer woke up and wrecked his van lol .

Lol keep them coming guys i'm reminded of a funny situation when we were out. My mates bitch was in season and he decides to let one of the other guys dogs line her. The dog being inexperienced was having difficult finding the spot. So both of them decide to lend a hand. So the dog mounts and he's trying to guide it , the other guy is opposite from him holding his bitch steady. Anyway at the crucial point the dog slips out and shoots his duff all over his face. Nearly had a heart attack laughing.

Rememder it well Undi.Still makes me laugh when it comes to mind.I can still see him trying to spit it out.lol.Reading your post.You have to say wee fergie was a jinx.Net time you get covered in shit by a farmer.Dont turn up at my back door.lol.

You were involved in afew of they incidents yourself mate. Mind the scrap between fergie and champ over who's dog was best lol

30 odd years ago I bought a ready made dog , the fella ( who must have seen me coming ) told me it was a killing machine , kept his family fed etc , and it certainly looked the part , muscels on muscels and an intense look about it that just screamed killer . Gathered all my mates together to witness what my new dog could do , even took a couple of bookings for matings just on the strength of my boasting ,big night came ,slipped dog on bunny dog had no problem getting to the rabbit , held it with one paw got comfortable and then humped a screaming rabbit for 5 mins . two of the lads with me actually cried laughing.

The 45 min walk home with 4 lads abusing and laughing at you , dragging a dog whos big red knob was still nearly touching the floor ,seemed like the longest 45 min of my life.

• Like 1

was out lamping an a mate jumped a drystone wall, didnae relise it was 15 plus feet high on other side, boy did we laff, he had knees like melons lol

then i done exact same thing following week, same wall an an everything....

was knocked clean out by a bullx chasing a bunny on lamp, done my knee an was concussed for a few day lol...

lay in a puddle for 35 mins, watching the keeper/farmer check the fields for me, for it to turn out to be a mate out looking for me....

couple a times have went lamping to get injury on 1st run, thats worst thing for me.....

watched a guy jack on grabbing a pheasant, in middle of night, was an easy catch aswell, he shit it cos it moved lol

I cried laughing when I heard about D doing this :laugh: :laugh:

we always end up having a laff when we out, but most of it is unsuitable for a public forum............

Aye ya silly sl@g and ya blamed me for pushing ya :laugh: I was no where near ya :laugh::angel: