Anyone ever taken something apart to save money but wished they had'nt ?

I decided to take my trigger apart last night and give it all a clean and polish and re oil....................what a nightmare just to save a few bob :laugh:

I have always had the urge to take things apart even watches from no age through to present only now I pay attention to how it comes apart and lay out in order for reassembly only last night I pulled a pin from trigger only to have springs and components fly over the room this was around half 8 ish and I finally reassembled and tried it out at 2am this morning :laugh: :laugh: it feels much better lighter pull and very well tuned compared o how it was but nearly ended up with me taking the whole lot in bits to local gunshop with tail between my legs :11:

Those were the days? Was only about 7 years ago! Yes, the top ends looked the same, the screw that held the baffle in the exhaust was identical to one that held the hinge to a toilet lid on, not saying how I know that!

Edited by secretagentmole

I always go slowly and carefully and draw a quick diagram for reassembly but as I pulled out one of the pins it released a spring which had a mind of its own flying over the room and landing amongst a pile of clothes :wallbash: but luckily I heard it and went over to see it straight away but also as the spring flung out one sction of the sears fell out but not knowing which direction it went back made it very difficult but on reassembly I just kept trying spring all ways but it just was'nt right but did get there in th end and can safely say now if I had to do it again I know exactly where everything goes so well it could be done in minutes rather than hours.

The gun action itself is one I never worked on but taken many springers apart to change main springs and piston seals etc but the gun itself is very straight forward internally but the trigger is all a bit busy looking when first clap eyes on its components :laugh: now its all smooth polished very quiet and less grease and excess oils to burn away with use and best of all no spring compression which made a change just push with fingers on rear of cylinder and tap pin out and can almost put pin back by hand other than last bit needs tapping home lightly, and its nicely and consistantly giving around 11.2 ft lb and slightly more with bisley magnums being one of the heaviest pellets to try as usually if they are under everything else will be but the most consistant and accurate in this gun are RWS superdomes and superpoints :)

I remember stripping the 10 shot mag for the S10, wanted to give it a clean and lube, but holding the face plate back while the coil was under tention was a nightmare!! lol trying to get the screw in while putting pressure onto the coil by holding the face plate tight as feck, Frustrating to say the least, especially when i finally did get it back together only to realize i hadnt wound the spring on far enough and it was only indexing 6 holes................................start again!! haha

Atb peter

hi buddy

good to here you got it sorted!

what air rifle was it?

Davy

Hi it is a stoeger x 20 very similar weight and performance to an hw95 weihrauch and the trigger unit comes out in one seperate from the action the same as the weihrauch's but is much more complicated than hw80 / hw95 rekord triggers which I love but it does have a similar auto safety like the hw's too :)

Once tried to run some home made wine through my Nannas dialysis machine,caused all sorts of shit.Tried to clean the pipes out with Domestos

.....................Still miss her. :(

Wine's no good through dialysis, the ABV's far too low. For a healthy Nan, you need to be looking at Vodka or some kind of Pochine. Stearile kit and quality booze.