video on the police.

allowing the precedent to be set that police can violate any of our human rights and get away with it

Its only a violation of your human rights if thats what you as an individual take it to be..............to most people being asked your details by a copper after acting suspiciously is basic common procedure that you accept like a grown up.........unless of course you happen to be an attention seeker who is happy to spend 6 hours doing exactly the same thing that could have taken 3 minutes,while making a video of it of course :doh:

again the police are not our all powerful masters who we need to submit to at every avenue,they are just citizens here to uphold the law.

until they establish probable cause we are on a level platform,and arresting someone for not forgoing their human right to privacy (article 8 the human rights act 1998) when no crime has been committed should not be tolerated and brought to the worlds attention to be rectified.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree that its not that big an issue in Britain (yet). But if you keep a weather eye open, you can see that the mechanism for total control is slowly being put in place. How that mechanism is use

In my eyes he didnt make a dick of himself. He didnt nothing wrong. The police wanted his infomation without a good legal reason. He didnt give it so they arrested him for a jumped up reason ... and g

A geek who had something to hide? That rediculous. Ok then arrest any one wearing trackies because there going to beat up grannies, arrest anyone with a decentish car because there drug dealers, arres

allowing the precedent to be set that police can violate any of our human rights and get away with it

Its only a violation of your human rights if thats what you as an individual take it to be..............to most people being asked your details by a copper after acting suspiciously is basic common procedure that you accept like a grown up.........unless of course you happen to be an attention seeker who is happy to spend 6 hours doing exactly the same thing that could have taken 3 minutes,while making a video of it of course :doh:

I think the point people are trying to make in this instance is that taking photos of a busy town centre isn't acting suspiciously, or breaking the law. If someone was taking pictures of someones house at night, or following an individual taking pictures of them then yes, that would be suspicious, but they're arguing that taking pics in a public place isn't suspicious.

When I watch that video again, the only thing that winds me up is the attitude of the people. They basically trying to bully people into doing what they want, even if they have no rights to demand what they are demanding.

Never talk to the Police if you are the accused / suspect, they are not particularly interested in your version of events, the truth and probably don't believe you. What they are after is leading you in to saying something that can be used against you. These videos are from the USA, but the basic premise imho applies to the UK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fZQWjDVKE

again the police are not our all powerful masters who we need to submit to at every avenue,they are just citizens here to uphold the law.

until they establish probable cause we are on a level platform,and arresting someone for not forgoing their human right to privacy (article 8 the human rights act 1998) when no crime has been committed should not be tolerated and brought to the worlds attention to be rectified.

The thing is Blan,you sound a sensible educated chap,hopefully you dont and wont have much to do with the police,hence you can have these far out thoughts......but folk who do have the occasional run in with plod quickly learn the way to deal with them,and its not by seeking more attention than is absolutely necessary.

As regards your " we should have less police " theory....i find that totally barmy !....I dont think you have really thought it through,for instance,as well as enforcing laws police are a basic visual detterent ( when they are actually walking the beat ! )....as far as im concerned theres nowhere near enough everyday walk the beat bobbies.....take your average inner city council estate....your walking along amongst known bag snatchers etc...who do you want walking along the other side of the street 2 big burly plods or roy the window cleaner !!......what you seem to want is the equivalent to good old neighborhood watch !!.....well thats all well and good but on a council estate with 10 blocks of 22 storey tower blocks..........it really dont work ;)

The thing is Blan,you sound a sensible educated chap,hopefully you dont and wont have much to do with the police,hence you can have these far out thoughts......but folk who do have the occasional run in with plod quickly learn the way to deal with them,and its not by seeking more attention than is absolutely necessary.

As regards your " we should have less police " theory....i find that totally barmy !....I dont think you have really thought it through,for instance,as well as enforcing laws police are a basic visual detterent ( when they are actually walking the beat ! )....as far as im concerned theres nowhere near enough everyday walk the beat bobbies.....take your average inner city council estate....your walking along amongst known bag snatchers etc...who do you want walking along the other side of the street 2 big burly plods or roy the window cleaner !!......what you seem to want is the equivalent to good old neighborhood watch !!.....well thats all well and good but on a council estate with 10 blocks of 22 storey tower blocks..........it really dont work ;)

i gotta ask gnasher.is your window cleaner called roy? :laugh:

thats what i mean about different mindsets,i dont do anything too dodgy and dont need to play the system,we make little compromises and gradually they build up.

heres a video that can explain it better than me.

edit to say only need to watch it from 5.55

Edited by blan89

thats what i mean about different mindsets,i dont do anything too dodgy and dont need to play the system,we make little compromises and gradually they build up.

no wonder you have some of these thoughts,if this is the kinda stuff you watch mate

no wonder you have some of these thoughts,if this is the kinda stuff you watch mate

did you watch the time i highlighted?

hopefully the government will come up with a way to license thoughts soon mate, so it shouldnt be a problem for much longer.