SCHOOL SPORTS DAY

so yesterday my 8 year old daughter had her school sports day,, loverly day sun shinning ect.

my girl did 6 races,, she wone 4 , came 2nd and came 3rd,,, so bloody great, and of course i was real proud....... but whilst watching the race she came 3rd in, i was getting anoyed in my head thinking come on what are you doing. :icon_redface: dont get me wrong it soon wore off , but i felt bad for thinking like that for a miniut, after all there just kids enjoying a run about.

has any one else felt like this???

Every week at football training. All three of mine are on the same team. The Mums are worse than the kids :icon_redface:

At least yours gets a sports day. Ours don't. It's not nice to be competitive apparently :censored:

i spent 7 years running and coaching kids football teams --- parents where a nightmare i used to get phone calls before games after games .. the most used one was is my boy playing at the weekend otherwise we are goin away ..one used to say we whr goin away in the caravan if i`d of known he was goin to be a sub we`d of gone turns out they never had a caravan ... i had parents avin a go at each other my lads better than yours .. end of season presentation time my phone was red hot .. i moved into senoir management end of problem far from it one old boy used to come and watch his lad n moan like feck if his son was a sub his lad was 31 ... :doh: the kids whr fine just the parents .. made the job hard . you ask em to run the line and all of a sudden none of em knew enough about football ..

Edited by the_stig

i started to get abit like this watching my lad play footy every saturday :icon_redface: i think its easy to start thinking like that if ya got competive side to ya,see some parents shouting at there kids like adults somtimes :wallbash: and they wonder why they int playing well

Went to my lads sports day last week, it was a joke, doing ridiculous exercises like walking with a bean bag on their heads or throwing a bean bag into a hoop. Everything was done individually so as not to cause a competitive attitude.....or something. They would do their walk then join the back of the queue icon_eek.gif.

Different story wed night his first time football training ( he's 5) I was quiet for a bit then found myself shouting where to run, where to pass ect I couldn't help myself ( i sincerely hope I don't turn into one of those nightmare parents). Don't believe in this non competitive culture we should praise the kids for doing well and help them to push thereselves.

By the way well done to your girl Tomo it's a nice feeling parental pridethumbs.gif

My Brother was not allowed to go watch his kid's and none of the other parent's where allowed ..apparently it could cause argument's and fighting among competetive parent's..WTF.. :icon_eek:

NEWKID it might be difrent for him when your lad goes to juniors,, maybee they will let them be competative, at my girls school they were all in houses,, and they collected points for the first 3 places,,, then all added up at the end to find the winning house :thumbs: her house wone :D

Edited by TOMO

Kids are a hard juggling act,one of my kids swims like a seal,incredibly powerful in the water so I never had to encourage him in a race :toast: I would rather concentrate on their academic achievements,that might be where I nag at them a bit much :blink:

Kids are a hard juggling act,one of my kids swims like a seal,incredibly powerful in the water so I never had to encourage him in a race :toast: I would rather concentrate on their academic achievements,that might be where I nag at them a bit much :blink:

I'm like that mate I was getting on to my eldest girl a bit about school work, she's 12, first year of high school. I was on her case saying how important it is Blah, blah. The missus told me to lay off a bit, she picked up 2 awards for her work last week and got a glowing report, told the missus my nagging workedlaugh.gif

It's funny how you change fromn that care free bloke to a worrying parent without realisingicon_eek.gif

NEWKID it might be difrent for him when your lad goes to juniors,, maybee they will let them be competative, at my girls school they were all in houses,, and they collected points for the first 3 places,,, then all added up at the end to find the winning house :thumbs: her house wone :D

He was in mixed aged groups, all taking turns no idea who won, lost anything. My brothers girls school does the house points system She done well and he was proud as punch too........ us parents need the competition more than the kids I reckonlaugh.gif

my lad is 4 an plays footy, an i sometimes think im in ibrox at an old firm game, especially if he gets hurted :laugh:

i bribed him this sports day, took him aside nite before, an told him all other kids were pants at running, told him if he win most a his races id let him have whatever he wanted...... :angel:

he won 4 out of 5 :toast: , an now he wants a pet snake :blink:

me an my big mouth :icon_redface:

when my kids was a primary school on sports day I probably had the biggest gob of anyone else there! Includeing the woman :whistling:.

when he was limbering up for his 60 metre sprint I would walk over to him and and shout things to him, the teachers on many occasions would put his finger to his mouth and ask me to quieten down :whistling:.

the moral of the story is my lad had some stick off some scumsters in his first couple of years at the school, he paid them back bigtime in the sports and on the football pitch, out of the 5 years he run the sprints he walked away with 4 medals all firsts :thumbs:

this is my lad far right in the little red shorts when in his first year! the missus took the picture and if you look he is looking across at me shouting him on :laugh:

post-251-0-37059000-1310830975_thumb.jpg