skillfull sports ?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hardcore Rally driver's get my vote especially in snow..

Golf...waste of a good walk

Posted Images

It takes some skill to spend a lifetime coming out of those tackles Gnasher, a skill still missing at O/T today. A true leader IMO, i would swap a young Keano over any midfeilder in this country. Skillless??? sorry mate but cant cop for that.

Without a doubt he would probably walk into near any team in world football......but not for his skills,he had many great qualities but skills with a ball at his feet were not one of them...........and the topic is about skill after all said and done ;)

It takes some skill to spend a lifetime coming out of those tackles Gnasher, a skill still missing at O/T today. A true leader IMO, i would swap a young Keano over any midfeilder in this country. Skillless??? sorry mate but cant cop for that.

Without a doubt he would probably walk into near any team in world football......but not for his skills,he had many great qualities but skills with a ball at his feet were not one of them...........and the topic is about skill after all said and done ;)

Ok so he was no Ronaldiniho with the ball, but if you watch the clip Gnash thats not what i was highlighting. Take a player like Scholes IMO one of Englands finest, he couldnt tackle for toffee, ask him to thread a ball through the eye of a needle and he would do it all day. Keano wouldnt have just walked into most clubs in the world to make the numbers up, he was one of the finest most skillfull tacklers the game has ever seen, thats surely worth a mention on a skill thread. Hes never been replaced and that alone is a testiment to how few can do what he did week in week out. :notworthy: Keano theres only one Keano :notworthy: (still being sang today, not bad for a skill less paddy)

ATB D

Ok so he was no Ronaldiniho with the ball, but if you watch the clip Gnash thats not what i was highlighting. Take a player like Scholes IMO one of Englands finest, he couldnt tackle for toffee, ask him to thread a ball through the eye of a needle and he would do it all day. Keano wouldnt have just walked into most clubs in the world to make the numbers up, he was one of the finest most skillfull tacklers the game has ever seen, thats surely worth a mention on a skill thread. Hes never been replaced and that alone is a testiment to how few can do what he did week in week out. :notworthy: Keano theres only one Keano :notworthy: (still being sang today, not bad for a skill less paddy)

ATB D

Im not going to fall out over it so i,ll just make my point and leave it at that :D ....i dont disagree that Roy Keane was one of the greatest and most valuable allround players the premiership has seen.....but i simply wouldnt class him as a skillful player,not even a skillful tackler.....he was extremely tough and fearless,wouldnt back down and never shirked a 50/50 ball....all great qualities...................but as an example,in my opinion the most skillful tackler ive ever seen play the game past or present was Bobby Moore and he was certainly no tough guy like Roy Keane was....he would tackle an opponent and win the ball with pure technical ability and timing,he was nowhere near on par with Keane for aggression or speed but was a far superior tackler....and that was with pure skill alone,something i dont feel Keane had in abundance great player as he was :thumbs:

Edited by gnasher16

ATB D

Im not going to fall out over it so i,ll just make my point and leave it at that :D ....i dont disagree that Roy Keane was one of the greatest and most valuable allround players the premiership has seen.....but i simply wouldnt class him as a skillful player,not even a skillful tackler.....he was extremely tough and fearless,wouldnt back down and never shirked a 50/50 ball....all great qualities...................but as an example,in my opinion the most skillful tackler ive ever seen play the game past or present was Bobby Moore and he was certainly no tough guy like Roy Keane was....he would tackle an opponent and win the ball with pure technical ability and timing,he was nowhere near on par with Keane for aggression or speed but was a far superior tackler....and that was with pure skill alone,something i dont feel Keane had in abundance great player as he was :thumbs:

I'm glad you never went for a blinkered unbiased view there........... :D

I worshipped the ground the man walked on.....he,s my all time sporting hero....and probably one of the classiest human beings ever been born in my eyes :D .......

But you name me a better tackler in British football past or present and i,ll admit ive got claret and blue goggles on ....on this occasion,im simply talking as a football fan ;)

I worshipped the ground the man walked on.....he,s my all time sporting hero....and probably one of the classiest human beings ever been born in my eyes :D .......

But you name me a better tackler in British football past or present and i,ll admit ive got claret and blue goggles on ....on this occasion,im simply talking as a football fan ;)

I'm far too young to be commenting on a man who i have never even seen kick a football never mind make a tackle so al take your word for it mate.... :thumbs:

Its actually a very good question, different too "skillful player, hard player".......if i was saying someone in my own team then i'd go back a few years and say Paul Lambert.......gentleman on the park with brains and a very good tackler........ :thumbs:

hurling all the way iv been playing it for 20 years its the fastest sport in the world so they say .Id had the pleasure or repesenting my county and what an honour it was .I think badminton is a very skillfull sport aswell :thumbs:

Playing it for 20 years and still shit ha ha :toast: only messing kid your playing some stuff this season :icon_eek:

Glad were not gonnas fall out mate, that would be silly, the point i tryed to make about Scholes is that he couldnt do it, not through being a coward or because he lacked toghness. he simply didnt have the skill in that department, we'll disagree now mate but as a football fan you have left me bemused as to how another footy fan can say Keano lacked in skill.

Maybe Sir Alex should be looking for a big hard fearless thug from the stands to replace Keano, after all he would need no skill???

YIS Dougie

Glad were not gonnas fall out mate, that would be silly, the point i tryed to make about Scholes is that he couldnt do it, not through being a coward or because he lacked toghness. he simply didnt have the skill in that department, we'll disagree now mate but as a football fan you have left me bemused as to how another footy fan can say Keano lacked in skill.

Maybe Sir Alex should be looking for a big hard fearless thug from the stands to replace Keano, after all he would need no skill???

YIS Dougie

no now your just twisting my words.............obviously he had a certain amount of skill....but he will not be remembered for his skillful touch as a quality he will be remembered for his great engine,will to win and general footballing brain........similar i suppose to Bryan Robson before him....great player but certainly wont be remembered for his finnesse and silky skills........i stand by what i said,when it comes to tackling as a skill never has there been better in the English game than Bobby Moore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6ZP8zdhCOc

YIS Dougie

no now your just twisting my words.............obviously he had a certain amount of skill....but he will not be remembered for his skillful touch as a quality he will be remembered for his great engine,will to win and general footballing brain........similar i suppose to Bryan Robson before him....great player but certainly wont be remembered for his finnesse and silky skills........i stand by what i said,when it comes to tackling as a skill never has there been better in the English game than Bobby Moore.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=y6ZP8zdhCOc

Who did he play for Gnash? only kidding mate he was a legend (long to be remembered)

I havnt put words into your mouth mate that was you, i havnt once said he was renound for his skillfull touch, but i will say this mate it takes far more than a silky touch to bring home the bacon, just look to Real Madrid for proof. I would pick 11 keano's over 11 Ronaldo's but thats just me.

ATB MATE :thumbs:

Just to add great clip, earned upmost respect from one of ther greatest the world has ever seen.

Edited by BULLDOUG

hurling all the way iv been playing it for 20 years its the fastest sport in the world so they say .Id had the pleasure or repesenting my county and what an honour it was .I think badminton is a very skillfull sport aswell :thumbs:

Playing it for 20 years and still shit ha ha :toast: only messing kid your playing some stuff this season :icon_eek:

what season ,this season pal lol im retired as you well know.The pride of the parish is on your shoulders now fitz :boogie:

Who did he play for Gnash? only kidding mate he was a legend (long to be remembered)

I havnt put words into your mouth mate that was you, i havnt once said he was renound for his skillfull touch, but i will say this mate it takes far more than a silky touch to bring home the bacon, just look to Real Madrid for proof. I would pick 11 keano's over 11 Ronaldo's but thats just me.

ATB MATE :thumbs:

Just to add great clip, earned upmost respect from one of ther greatest the world has ever seen.

:D:D We,re going round in circles here..........i totally agree,give me 11 Roy Keanes over 11 Ronaldo,s or Messi,s any day of the week..................but in a topic about " skill " i just found it odd that Roy Keanes name should crop up.....but then i guess no more odd than Bobby Moores name cropping up so maybe we,re both as scatty as each other :laugh:

Heres a simple way id look at it.....we could both name 50 more skillful players than Keane....but i bet we couldnt name even 3 better tacklers than Moore......

Just out of interest by the way.......who do you Mancs generally think more highly of Roy Keane or Bryan Robson ?