laguna whippets

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

all you are doing is showing your ignorance, how little you know about what is and what isnt when it comes to whippets, breeding, and history, if you know him so well nip up the road, and get the name

I know mate, the lack or 'emoticons' is creating problems. If i could use them i'd have stuck a grinning face and a thumbs up on the end of that last post and you'd have known i was pulling your leg b

MB doesnt carry the laguna prefix, do any of the dogs pictured or mentioned in this thread actualy have the laguna prefix at the start of there kennel name..'I seriously doubt it'If you want a laguna

Posted Images

hers a couple of pics of some nights out with my dog an a laguna whippet. run the dogs doubled up and the whippet was still running stong at the end of the night plenty of stmina at the time.

51 rabbits

tuesday20102009005.jpg

52 rabbits

PICT0009.jpg

hers a couple of pics of some nights out with my dog an a laguna whippet. run the dogs doubled up and the whippet was still running stong at the end of the night plenty of stmina at the time.

51 rabbits

tuesday20102009005.jpg

52 rabbits

PICT0009.jpg

nice photos there mate

was that a full laguna or a cross that you was running

she was brought in as a full laguna and having seen a few since then i will say she is a full laguna. the dog in the pics is my dog as the whippet wasnt with me when i took the pics as it was the morning after. :thumbs:

ive been out with 17" and 18" whippets and had bags in there 20s and even done a 31 thats running doubled with my dog again.( running dogs single handed and doubled up are 2 different stories.) but my point is they can have good stamina if you put the correct time into them.

Edited by trigger2

All that jazz about 'they are laguna in name only'. . . . . . only in so much as is true with any line, i.e it morphs, twists and needs out crosses and new blood brought in.

I have a 'laguna' dog here and cannot fault him, although i mainly use him daytime. Massive heart, huge prey drive and great stamina etc, very strong.

I'd say there are better lamp dogs.

But probably not much better 'lines' of whippet.

If i was looking for a Laguna whippet i'd either go to MB or speak to Mally on here (never met the second but his dogs speak volumes).

Most of them are like peas in a pod as well, never seen such a consistent line, black, white dab on chest, prick ears etc.

Cracking dogs, i love em.

Whippets regardless of type can be limited to certain types of ground imo.........apart from pace off the mark theres nothing they excel at that a purpose bred lurcher could bring to the table.

I see a laguna whippet work regular and he's a great little dog but I'd prefer something that I wouldn't break so easy.

Whippets regardless of type can be limited to certain types of ground imo.........apart from pace off the mark theres nothing they excel at that a purpose bred lurcher could bring to the table.

I see a laguna whippet work regular and he's a great little dog but I'd prefer something that I wouldn't break so easy.

Other than being a whippet . . . . . .

But aye, too true about the fecking breaking!

never had any problems with the laguna breaking that i lamped all those rabbits with. and ive lamped on the same ground as my big dog. :thumbs: even the small whippets had been impresive with there lack of injurys. perhaps ive just been lucky with them

Edited by trigger2

never had any problems with the laguna breaking that i lamped all those rabbits with. and ive lamped on the same ground as my big dog. :thumbs: even the small whippets had been impresive with there lack of injurys.

The one's I've seen have all gotten injuries,mostly little tears that on a whippet peel like a orange due to there lyrca like skin. :thumbs:

Not saying they're shit because I know they ain't just wouldn't be my choice and the thing that would deter me from getting one is they wouldn't suit where I run my dogs.