laguna whippets

go to mikeswhippets.com mike brown as bred leguna in the past i have worked them good little dogs but any further advice you want ask him dont ask on here never known so many lads who are experts on any breed than on here ask a man/woman who has worked/bred them for many years.

atb wl :thumbs:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

all you are doing is showing your ignorance, how little you know about what is and what isnt when it comes to whippets, breeding, and history, if you know him so well nip up the road, and get the name

I know mate, the lack or 'emoticons' is creating problems. If i could use them i'd have stuck a grinning face and a thumbs up on the end of that last post and you'd have known i was pulling your leg b

MB doesnt carry the laguna prefix, do any of the dogs pictured or mentioned in this thread actualy have the laguna prefix at the start of there kennel name..'I seriously doubt it'If you want a laguna

Posted Images

go to mikeswhippets.com mike brown as bred leguna in the past i have worked them good little dogs but any further advice you want ask him dont ask on here never known so many lads who are experts on any breed than on here ask a man/woman who has worked/bred them for many years.

well your giving out wrong advice there as mike brown doesnt breed or hasnt bred "laguna" whippets, dorit mckay and her dorit, lyla bond gunning (now lyla wainman) breed the "laguna,s" not mike brown, mike breeds working whippets, with laguna blood quite a long way back in there breeding/pedigree, they are not laguna,s the title of this thread is LAGUNA WHIPPETS

well your giving out wrong advice there as mike brown doesnt breed or hasnt bred "laguna" whippets, dorit mckay and her dorit, lyla bond gunning (now lyla wainman) breed the "laguna,s" not mike brown, mike breeds working whippets, with laguna blood quite a long way back in there breeding/pedigree, they are not laguna,s the title of this thread is LAGUNA WHIPPETS

Spot on Cocker a prefix belongs to the Breeder, for example in the Greyhounds Westmead prefix is owned by the Savvas, MB does not breed Laguna Whippets, its there in the back breeding, Laguna appears in a lot of Whippet lines, not just MB.

It's nice that at least someone else knows this, as it seems that Mike brown has marketed his(puppy sales) dogs to be Laguna which is not correct. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: It seems every wannabe lurcher/working whippet owners seems to thnk his kennels are the be all and end all :no::hmm: sad really, people should do there research.

They are prob nice enough dogs, but not Laguna, or really any differnt from many lines of whippets.

But the 'sheep' will always follow the 'flock', just like they did to 'Hancocks' collie X farm :no:

Edited by Sirius

It's nice that at least someone else knows this, as it seems that Mike brown has marketed his(puppy sales) dogs to be Laguna which is not correct. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: It seems every wannabe lurcher/working whippet owners seems to thnk his kennels are the be all and end all :no::hmm: sad really, people should do there research.

They are prob nice enough dogs, but not Laguna, or really any differnt from many lines of whippets.

But the 'sheep' will always follow the 'flock', just like they did to 'Hancocks' collie X farm :no:

:thumbs:

mikes working whippets are of a sooty sam lines if you want laguna whippets then he has laguna bitches in his kennels i am not saying they are the be all and end all no breed is its what you put into a animal what you get out (some have it some dont) so dont reply to me telling me mike does not breed lagunas if you want lagunas he will breed you some so think before you shout your mouth off the guy lives just up the road From me. anyone want to go there let me know so i can shut a few of you up....TYPICAL THL EXPERTS AS USUAL :feck:

mikes working whippets are of a sooty sam lines if you want laguna whippets then he has laguna bitches in his kennels i am not saying they are the be all and end all no breed is its what you put into a animal what you get out (some have it some dont) so dont reply to me telling me mike does not breed lagunas if you want lagunas he will breed you some so think before you shout your mouth off the guy lives just up the road From me. anyone want to go there let me know so i can shut a few of you up....TYPICAL THL EXPERTS AS USUAL :feck:

all you are doing is showing your ignorance, how little you know about what is and what isnt when it comes to whippets, breeding, and history, if you know him so well nip up the road, and get the names and the breeding of the "laguna" bitches he has, i know mike fairly well, i have been to his house quite a few times, i have bought pups from him, sired by sooty sam, i saw all the bitches he had at the time i was there, non were full laguna, carrying the laguna prefix, the only laguna i know he had was an old red bitch i took there, 13 years ago, but that will be dead and gone by now, ime not knocking mike, i like him,ime not knocking his dogs, i know they are good workers i have had them and ran them, properly, and before the ban,

do me a favour jog on and get the names of the "laguna" bitches, and a "laguna" dog, if mike has any laguna pups i will drive over now, buy you a few pints, and buy a "laguna" off mike, ime not doing anything this afternoon or tommorow, my vans on the drive, and the cash is in my pocket, it has to be a proper laguna though, eg laguna dog x laguna bitch,

not sooty sam stuff, cheers i will wait for you to let me know what he has, tell mike its martin from over thirsk north yorkshire, the lad who ran mikes dogs, with the east anglia whippet coursing club, and the east of england whippet coursing club, 10/15 years back, tell him i said hello, and if he can let you know if he has anything for me, cheers, a ime buzzing now, that you can help me get a proper laguna, as easy as that, cant wait to pick it up mate, cheers, :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

martin,

• Like 2

I was not knocking MB, I was explaining what a prefix is,25 years ago I bought a Greyhound pup out of a Weastmead bitch and sired by weastmead Lane, I wrote to Natalie Savvaa asking for permission to register him as Weastmead Castle, although wishing me the best, this was declined as the prefix Weastmead is only used on their Dogs.

all you are doing is showing your ignorance, how little you know about what is and what isnt when it comes to whippets, breeding, and history, if you know him so well nip up the road, and get the names and the breeding of the "laguna" bitches he has, i know mike fairly well, i have been to his house quite a few times, i have bought pups from him, sired by sooty sam, i saw all the bitches he had at the time i was there, non were full laguna, carrying the laguna prefix, the only laguna i know he had was an old red bitch i took there, 13 years ago, but that will be dead and gone by now, ime not knocking mike, i like him,ime not knocking his dogs, i know they are good workers i have had them and ran them, properly, and before the ban,

jog on and get the names of the bitches, knowledge box................

thank you for the correct information cocker ,to many misinformed folk on here concerning the laguna ,some find it difficult to accept they fell in to a a very old way of marketing merchandise that are not the real thing .mongrelised whipps what they are this his one of the main reasoins the breed type has become lost in many of this type ,in reality they are not breeding true to type .so for those who cant see the wood for the trees wake up take a step back gleen the correct knowledge and information on laguna ,before assuming mb his the manto aquire one from ,atb bunnys.

• Like 1

Totally correct cocker ,and for those who did not no brindle particolour was a common trait in these ,atbbunnys

nice them mate, arnt they, if only it was that easy to go to prestatyn and buy one :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

This line of whipps i believe was created with sheer love of the breed ,luckily there his still genuine whipp breeders still with us who follow keep them for this very reason. And not for solely monetary gains,.atbbunnys.

• Like 1

This line of whipps i believe was created with sheer love of the breed ,luckily there his still genuine whipp breeders still with us who follow keep them for this very reason. And not for solely monetary gains,.atbbunnys.

your absolutley right, there are lots of absolutley superb first rate whippets from the best coursing/racing/working/showing lines in the world, with lines that are world famous, right through whippet history, right here, dogs which are being campaigned across the country, week in week out, by there owners, for anyone who is genuinley interested all you have to do is get out and about to the different events and meet people, do your home work, and order a pup,