Who makes the best dogmen?

Fkn iPhone lol, that's months not moths lol

think it was moths, scotsman .wallett :tongue2:

:laugh: Cheeky c**t. Did someone not have a thread up recently about the iPhone correcting words lol

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

all the best dogs I've seen are owned with people who don't work. I work in the oil industry as some folk on here know which means I do some crazy hours which means the dogs suffer. All the guys I've

I've seen the best and worst of dogs in both camps Baw. What your saying is that if your unemployed you 'should' have more time but I really don't think thats always the case. A good dogman is determ

I'm self-employed, work hard and I'm lucky I work outside so the dogs can come with me most of the time. Tell you what tho - I work to pay for my dogs keep and don't sit on my ass raking benefits in every week and having my dogs kept at the expense of the taxpayer...I f*****g deplore the benefits culture we have in this country which props up lazy, benefit grabbing, spongeing, won't work, morally bankrupt c**ts!!!!!

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pisses me right off!!!!!!!!!

Are their dogs better than mines? Dunno and don't give a f**k.

Mine's are all bought and paid for by me!!!!

• Like 1

the majority of best dogs i have seen have all been owned by people who dont work. what a dog catches at the end of the night/day/week counts and for those that say it dont, imo they have never owned a good dog.

dogs that do little work always look impressive as they put everything they got into each run. heavily worked dogs are steady.

3 pages and finally someone has answered the question lol. Well said mate :thumbs:

It also depends on how much the dog is cared for. If someone just uses the dog as a tool to get the job done without any worry for its safety they won't have the dog long enough for it to turn out to be anything so either it's back to the drawing board or get a full grown dog. Accidents happen but pushing a dog too hard into places that it could get injured is the worst type of character in my eyes and definately not a dogman :thumbs: Put in what you expect back and you won't be disappointed.

• Like 2

I'm self-employed, work hard and I'm lucky I work outside so the dogs can come with me most of the time. Tell you what tho - I work to pay for my dogs keep and don't sit on my ass raking benefits in every week and having my dogs kept at the expense of the taxpayer...I f*****g deplore the benefits culture we have in this country which props up lazy, benefit grabbing, spongeing, won't work, morally bankrupt c**ts!!!!!

Pmsl well said mate, different slant on it but I know where your coming from :thumbs:

not everone that doesent work ,claim benefits.. i dont ;)

And mine are............I even take them to sign on with me! :thumbs:

• Like 3

And mine are............I even take them to sign on with me! :thumbs:

:laugh: :laugh:

Bringing on a pup is all about having it fit into your life, all my dogs adapt as my work load either increases or decreases. My lurcher, when i got him at 8 weeks . . i was pretty quiet work wise, within a fortnight i was up to my neck in work and he simply had to adapt. Being self employed meant that he could come everywhere with me, which is obviously a huge bonus. He's 3 now and as those on here who have met him will vouch for the fact, he is the most biddable, easy, steady dog i've ever met, some of that i'm sure is down to nature, but i also believe being thrown into a million and 1 different situations as a young pup, also had a huge influence. :yes:

In terms of who's dogs are best . . . i don't think you can generalise, dogs are only ever going to be as good as the person working/owning them. This time of year, i often leave the house at 7am and don't get back till 6pm . . . my dogs still get at least 2 hours exercise a day and teh young lab i have on at the moment also gets his training as and when. IMO a good dog man/woman will ALWAYS find time to give their dogs what they need, regardless of work loads. The other side of it is, the odd day that i simply can't get mine out, they lounge around like cats, more than happy to have a day off and chill . . . because they are well mannered, calm, and steady dogs. . . . achieved by time, training, decent diet and exercise . . . . its not rocket science! :victory:

What i will say is, regardless or being unemployed or employed far too many are happy to leave a dog in a kennel with minimul exercise and training, then wonder why its a fruit loop when out in the field . . . . . . I despise that attitude, folk like that will never be dogmen, regardless of their work situation. :wallbash: :wallbash:

• Like 1

all the best dogs I've seen are owned with people who don't work. I work in the oil industry as some folk on here know which means I do some crazy hours which means the dogs suffer. All the guys I've went out with hunting that have had the best dogs have never worked. So I'm asking if in your experience do you think to have a dog at it's peak you really need to be full time dogman? Are all the best dogs you know of owned by unemployed folk?

The best dogs and dog man I was lucky to be envolved with. The man worked and works hard, just how he works and tests his dogs.