Dave Platts dogs

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

stubblebasher i dont lie that bitch caught plenty of hares dead of winter all given fair law in front of plenty of witnesses on big land and small land whether you believe that is up to you .but th

a deerhound or a deerhound cross can sometimes take 2 years to mature and start to show interest in working ...... a good question to ask yourself is have you the time and patience to wait that long ?

Probably can take some deerhound crosses to mature up to two years, especially some males, but this certainly dosnt mean they dont start to work till that age, Ive had a couple of first crossers, a bi

dave platts lives 5miles from me . ive seen quite a few of his dogs run and never seen a good 1 yet

What they lacking?

Did you actually see Daves dogs run?

What did you see that you didn't like?

Ive only seen one and saw this dog do plenty ....it had it all ...and new how do deal with its quarry and made it look easy ... I honestly say that the dog had the potential to be as good as my bitch at the time if in the right hands .....it just wasnt worked by the right person :thumbdown:

i would run rio the bitch i had off him in front of anyone plenty on here saw her run and rated her. would and did catch all over the country on big and small land seen some that were rubbish as well being honest but to me its all about patience and bringing them on properly.the bitch i had had speed good mouth and could stay on very well.

Boyo:: she certainly impressed me no end. Definitely the best Deer/Grey I have seen on long ears> total commitment and very fast indeed. Not many dogs impressed on those fens, and all bar her were Saluki based. :thumbs:

thanks skycat for your comments quite a few other.s said the same.i know theres quite a few on this site that think you cant catch longears on the big land without sauki hybred but she caught plenty up there as you know and 3 out of 3 quite a few times see you on the 20th j.

Im thinking of getting a Deerhound x around xmas time I was thinking of one of daves dogs so are dave platts dogs any good and dose he work them all he breeds for money all both im only asking cuz hes only 45mins from me and if any one got pic.

Remember "A dog is for hunting not just for Xmas" :thumbs:

Only if they can kill hares after xmas !