Teachers Strike

As for all this "oh they get long long holidays and do nothing in them" - TOTAL f*****g BOLLOCKS! Any idea just how long all the marking, lesson planning and general paper work and admin takes???

get a grip. if you dont know what you're signing up for dont sign up then whinge about it ! This argument is about the private sector whose T&Cs were depleted YEARS ago (remember Maxwell plundering the mirror pension)having to pay for the public sector. Have MANY teachers ever had a job in between education and becoming a teacher, nice little closed loop paid for by the tax payer.

:wallbash: That is exactly the problem - what they signed up for (in a contract between them and the Local Education Authority) is now being rewritten without their consent! Everyone knows a contract is only legally binding when both parties agree to the change.... unless one side is the government.

Edited by Tomm Parr

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What makes these people think they have a right to a day off at our expense while the rest of us non-public sector people pick up the tab?   Its the ordinary working bloke that pays for the gold pla

That wedding paid for it self ten fold with the tourist increase and feel good factor getting people with cash to spread it around. They are not parasites because the vast majority would keep them gi

If you had been doing a job for say 20/30 years, and every month and year, you payed money from your wages into a pot, and were told that at the end you would get a good chunk of it back as a pension

There are 24 MPs in the cabinet. 19 of them are millionaires. Their pensions are safe so f**k the rest of yez. Keep on paying the bankers' bonuses guys.

Lefty? Red? Revolutionary? Me? Bet your fat-cats arse I am.

• Like 1

Ever been unemployed? The lass behind the counter at the Job Centre is a - wait for it - PUBLIC SERVANT!!!!!! She tries to help you find a job that will suit you, tells you about training, does all she can to help. She's on minimum wage. You slag her off, walk out and get mugged for your dole money. The copper who gets called out is a - wait for it - PUBLIC SERVANT!!!!! You have been injured, someone dials 999. The operator is a - wait for it - PUBLIC SERVANT!!!!! The ambulance crew are - wait for it - PUBLIC SERVANTS!!!!! While you are in hospital, where the nurses are - wait for it - PUBLIC SERVANTS - your mate back from Afghanistan calls to see you. He is, of course, a - wait for it - PUBLIC SERVANT!!!!! Just back from his latest tour, he has been told that as of now he is redundant and will only get the minimum payout, and his pension will be 10% of what he was promised when he signed up.

Yeah, f**k the public servants.

Too right. too many folk seem to forget this when it suits them :thumbs:

But to bring in strike action while talks are still underway. Low blow!

The government forced the unions hand by announcing they were pressing ahead with the changes... No negotiating how is ghat democratic

What is there to negotiate?.......we cant f*****g afford it, end of ;)

Ever been unemployed? The lass behind the counter at the Job Centre is a - wait for it - PUBLIC SERVANT!!!!!! She tries to help you find a job that will suit you, tells you about training, does all she can to help. She's on minimum wage. You slag her off, walk out and get mugged for your dole money. The copper who gets called out is a - wait for it - PUBLIC SERVANT!!!!! You have been injured, someone dials 999. The operator is a - wait for it - PUBLIC SERVANT!!!!! The ambulance crew are - wait for it - PUBLIC SERVANTS!!!!! While you are in hospital, where the nurses are - wait for it - PUBLIC SERVANTS - your mate back from Afghanistan calls to see you. He is, of course, a - wait for it - PUBLIC SERVANT!!!!! Just back from his latest tour, he has been told that as of now he is redundant and will only get the minimum payout, and his pension will be 10% of what he was promised when he signed up.

Yeah, f**k the public servants.

too right :thumbs: .

too many folk seem to forget all that when it suits them

As for all this "oh they get long long holidays and do nothing in them" - TOTAL f*****g BOLLOCKS! Any idea just how long all the marking, lesson planning and general paper work and admin takes???

You've hit the nail on the head, some folk on here are clearly getting confused: It's the kids that are there from 9am to 3pm, NOT the teachers. Most teachers are there from 7.30 to 5.30, with no lunch hour. I know because i was a teacher for nearly 5y in both secondary and primary schools (and thankfully packed it in nearly 5y ago).

5 years of behaviour that'd make 99.9% of men and women lose their heads and throttle someone or have a heart attack, 5y of having to deal with ignorant parents with a chip on their shoulder because Mr So-and-so didn't understand them when they were a kid. No thank you.

There is a reason teachers get 13 weeks holiday a year: alongside policing or soldiering, it's the most stress-inducing job there is, that's why teachers can retire earlier than everyone else and have double the rate of stress/depression/breakdown.

my ex missus is a teacher and has just done 40 years of teaching for that 40 years shes just had £73,000 tax free bonus and in 2 years time she intends to retire and she reckons her retirement salary will be 58k p a , not a bad screw id say , it the only job i know where when you start teaching you automaticly get a pay increase for the first 14 years and anything the goverment give you is extra

fair pensions for all === its about time the public sector fell in line with the private sector just look what some of these council bosses get 150 k + and we pay for it fckin joke

Everyone in the public sector works for everyone in the private sector, fact......and I want you all at work.

Why should we work while you winge?........

If that's the case why are you bitching..how many folk you employ then fannybaws?

Depends how busy I am, but as many as 12 when I am busy and to a man they all graft like f**k for their money.

Yourself?........how many?

[/qu

Me I'm lucky enough not to have to work thanks to a nice wee lottery win...prior to this I was self employed and worked in the public sector...no pension but I worked 12 hour shifts 5 days a week...can you say the same?

my ex missus is a teacher and has just done 40 years of teaching for that 40 years shes just had £73,000 tax free bonus and in 2 years time she intends to retire and she reckons her retirement salary will be 58k p a , not a bad screw id say , it the only job i know where when you start teaching you automaticly get a pay increase for the first 14 years and anything the goverment give you is extra

fair pensions for all === its about time the public sector fell in line with the private sector just look what some of these council bosses get 150 k + and we pay for it fckin joke

Well if she can always donate it to charity if she thinks it's too much. Funny enough I agree with you about bosses pay vastly over paid for very little input

aye, I can :yes:.....except for the lottery win, I aint had one of those yet :laugh:

Aye but you prob only work half the year so that don't count :tongue2:

haha...difference is, the only person my time off costs money is me ;) ........there are plenty of people out in the world working long hours who have never taken a penny out of the public purse.

Those people are the wealth creators, everyone else is baggage :thumbs:

aye, I can :yes:.....except for the lottery win, I aint had one of those yet :laugh:

Aye but you prob only work half the year so that don't count :tongue2:

haha...difference is, the only person my time off costs money is me ;) ........there are plenty of people out in the world working long hours who have never taken a penny out of the public purse.

Those people are the wealth creators, everyone else is baggage :thumbs:

Aye maybe so but without the "baggage" none of the wealth creators would be worth dick. It's always been the way I'm not against folk making money but nobody should be criticised for fighting to better their lot. Do you think it's right that someone works all they're days and at the end of their working life they have to chose between heating their home or eating?