• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

most of the gear at scones way over my price range simple as ,if your interested in the lets say working class mans sport of ferrets ,terriers ,lurchers dont go to scone ...maybe its time for a riva

two nice dogs

whats Linda from sweden, like on the shovel

Change of plan were maybe going on the Friday or just the two of us on the Sunday ,but to tell the truth im no too fussed its getting dearer and dearer for less and less stuff that i would except at a game fair , maybe just order the stuff i want off the internet

Change of plan were maybe going on the Friday or just the two of us on the Sunday ,but to tell the truth im no too fussed its getting dearer and dearer for less and less stuff that i would except at a game fair , maybe just order the stuff i want off the internet

That depends on the state of ya from the Saturday night.....wink.gif

'mattydski' timestamp='1309111344' post='2126369']

'The one' timestamp='1309111141' post='2126360']

I was the only sober one last year mate laugh.gif

'mattydski' timestamp='1309111344' post='2126369']

'The one' timestamp='1309111141' post='2126360']

I was the only sober one last year mate laugh.gif

In which case Im spiking ya burgers........... angel.gif

I went the highland show today and I've got to

Say for 25 smackers I wasted my money. I enjoyed having a wee look at the poultry and cows etc and even spend an

Hour watching show jumping- the missus really. But apart from that, and petrol, cost of food and getting Piss wet through at 4pm, I've got to say I'd rather spend the £25 on staples and a staple gun and staple my ballsack to the ferret hutch.

ouch..... :cry:

'events co-ordinator' timestamp='1309208441' post='2128334']

Trouble is we've lost cardross house the grampian fair D&G and Glamis are struggling we need to support the ones we've got left come and see us on the SACS stand we'll brighten up your day :icon_redface:

The trouble is they dont listen mate they keep putting up the entrance fee ,theres less and less for the hunting man ,where do they make up the food prices harrods ??. The only thing to do is vote with your feet ,And at Scone it can take a hour plus to get out . Buying stuff off the internet looks the way to go thumbs.gif

Theres less for the hunting man because vats 20% the fuel costs are extortionate and the first thing people say onthe trade stands is "I can buy it cheaper on the internet" there is no way you can trail goods up from England pay for a pitch pay your staff pay for fuel food etc over 4/5 days and compete with the internet if we want our way of life to survive we must support it NOW! :wallbash:

The trouble is they dont listen mate they keep putting up the entrance fee ,theres less and less for the hunting man ,where do they make up the food prices harrods ??. The only thing to do is vote with your feet ,And at Scone it can take a hour plus to get out . Buying stuff off the internet looks the way to go

Your right mate. The first year the Galloway show was on it's was brilliant, loads to do and stalls were cheap. Each year it has got worse. They charge the same but there's less on offer and the same stuff every year. They don't listen to anything we say. And they wonder why people buy on the Internet. It's a double edged sword- people don't go the fair because it's expensive and buy in the Internet. the shows have to up the prices to make the money because there's less people.

'events co-ordinator' timestamp='1309337225' post='2130118']

Theres less for the hunting man because vats 20% the fuel costs are extortionate and the first thing people say onthe trade stands is "I can buy it cheaper on the internet" there is no way you can trail goods up from England pay for a pitch pay your staff pay for fuel food etc over 4/5 days and compete with the internet if we want our way of life to survive we must support it NOW! :wallbash:

I don't think you get my point its not i wont support Scone its i cant ,its no a Game fair its a country fair and there's a huge difference .

Last year i went up to buy net making gear how much did i buy none as there was none ,I went to the Yorkshire and bought £400 of spun nylon i still had my rings and draw cord on top of that .That was money that could of been spent as Scone if there was net making stuff . And whats there for the lurcher boys no show no racing But are Scone expecting them to pay £15 to get to buy a lead a collar ??

Then S.A.C.S. we where told if twelve members joined from a site it would be £22 im paying thirty at Scone .

I want to spend my cash but no on Garden furniture,clothes or plants but stuff i would use in the field and its no going to be at Scone which is a shame because it likes to think its scotlands biggest fair

we must support our way of life? were talking about a gamefair here, weve to care about them and line their pockets while they rip us off? so we support the runners of scone game fair like weve did up to now, in return the thanks weel get is next year it will be £17 to get in, for the past few years iv been expecting to turn up to pay in and see a wee body way a balaclava on standing in the wee sheds looking at me, so your saying we should support it because its in scotland, the people that run it dont give a feck about you or i or they wouldnt be charging £15 on the gate all they care about is your money, wether i go or not or scone stays or gos in what way will it change laws or this way of life? i need new leads off a guy that gos to scone, i can go to scone pay the 50 or 60 quid to him and get them which will mean by the time i get me and the misses in then diesel etc ill be paying over £100 for them or i can send him an email and pay for them? the only reason iv attended scone for years is because the F+K W.T.C run a show there and i dont like missing their shows as there a good bunch. like "the one" said for the hunting man there aint a lot for shooting theres a bit more, this game fair will continue to go downhill untill they be realistic and charge realistic prices, and that gos for everything there loosing people attending because of entrance fees, there loosing trade stands because their too greedy with the prices for stands aswell.

i could see your point saying this is our way of life we must support it if it was a march we were on about i would attend like i did before but its a gamefair.

spot on there grant , thats why i not been for a few years and probably wont be back, but they'll no miss my £15 at the gate, but if they dont get it sorted soon there'll be loads more people stop going ----end result---scone no more